Project CARS 2 DLC Car Pack Info Revealed on PlayStation Store

Mmmh doesn't sound as a very interesting plan to be honest... I have the season pass so doesn't matter.

Maybe we'll get some v12 f1 ferraris of the 90s, and I hope for a few other tcr cars

I totally disagree with all this DLC content.

All content should be in the full game from Day 1.

A game costs £50 so it's not like they're not gonna make a raise.

Shameless profiteering and everyone accepts it as the new norm.

The 'shameless profiteering' does none the less add up to the business case of the developers. If there's no expected possibility of getting profits that exceed the expected salary the developer could obtain otherwise then there's no incentive to take the risk in the first place. Second off the dlc (in my humble opinion) is a way to revitalize the game experience for me.
I put a game a side after a while. Then an update and dlc comes out - I wipe the dust off the disc to extend the lifespan of enjoyment (or frustration) of the game. Finally theres the question of how the games would be priced if the future dlc was all released for free and how much additional content would in the end be produced if not the developer could expect additional revenue.

But this is just my two cents. Could be that i am wrong and the developers producers and retailers are all just corporate incarnations of darth Vader

That plus some Super 2000 cars so we can keep the fast starting BMW away.
Not so fast. After 10min at RBR, starting from 4th, I lead home a Renault 1,2 finish(my first win). Did a reverse burn out in front of the crowd. :cool:

"Le Man Icons"
takemymoney.jpg

I saw on the xbox store, two separate car packs and the season pass, but on ps store only the season pass is there, wonder when we get the cars packs on ps store, anyone know?

I understand what you mean by that - but I think - especially in terms of racing sims - the accurate virtual reproduction of a car must cost something. Todays developers put more efforts in recreating accurate car physics than they used to back in the 90ies. Still, the games sell at a similar price today and have more content from day 1 than they used to have 20 years ago.

I think - one thing nobody can complain about in pCARS2 is content. The cars and track roster is intriguing, to be honest. I don't mind to get more cars though, and if I get more cars for a simulator I expect them to be as accurate as possible. And an add-on a developer gets paid for is more likely to be accurate than an add-on that's free.

Otherwise you can simply mod the racing games with free cars that copy 'adjusted' physics of other cars, with different 3D models. But this can't be the goal of a 'simulator', in my opinion.

Le Mans pack? My guess is that there's probably going to be a 787B, a 1995 McLaren F1 (yes that one with the uh, front cutting clinic) a 2011 Audi R18 (mysteriously missing after seeing it in the first game) and hopefully a Audi R10 and a Peugeot 908. And if a track has to be involved, it will probably be a old version of La Sarthe with the straight after the Dunlop bridge instead of the sweeping turns we have today.

My guess for the fun pack is probably some drift vehicles. Or probably a racing truck. Or that red fiera from Ridge Racer. Could be all of the above really

No. They'd get the 767B because they're using cars from the late 80s and the 767 is a part of that era.

We already have a Mclaren GT1.

There's no need for the 2011 spec R18 or the R10/908 as it wouldn't fit anywhere.

No. They'd get the 767B because they're using cars from the late 80s and the 767 is a part of that era.

We already have a Mclaren GT1.

There's no need for the 2011 spec R18 or the R10/908 as it wouldn't fit anywhere.

Is that your guess or verified Information? Because that was my thought. The 767b would fit better in the late 80s Group C era.

I know i´d be tortured for saying that but I like the 767b even more, bit curvier.

Is that your guess or verified Information? Because that was my thought. The 767b would fit better in the late 80s Group C era.

I know i´d be tortured for saying that but I like the 767b even more, bit curvier.
I never said we're getting it. I'm just speculating what they would do.

... and the videogame/PC market size was considerably smaller.

I'm not saying you don't have a point but let's not pretend they are not using the easiest way to make more money.

p.s.

My approach to DLC is wait until all is detailed and then maybe buy a season pass. This "it will have cars and tracks" is not enough for me :lol:.

That is a good point. I still believe it is in the developers right to continue to pay employees to create content and then charge for said content. Now DLC on disc is a croc...

I don't mean to be offensive but this is really an immature point of view.

First, profit isn't shameful. Without the incentive it represents we would have less of the technology we all enjoy today.

Profiteering is almost always related to charging excessive amounts for a product that is essential to life or saftey etc. A videogame hardly fits into that category.

If you compare videogames to other forms of entertainment you will find that the entertainment value you get from a game far exceeeds many other products. Many people will spend hundreds of hours with a game they like. And their friends/ family will play it too. Per hour of entertainment, that makes videogames one of the best values per dollar. Compare it to going to a concert... the cost might be the same but you get 2 to 3 hours instead of 200 to 300 hours of value. Or compare it to a movie. A single movie ticket in the theater might cost 1/5 or 1/6 the price of a new game but only entertain you for 1/100 of the time.

And the whole argument of it should be in the game to start is foolish too. Apply that to other products... I paid for the first Harry Potter book, I shouldn't have to pay for the rest of the story. The next 6 books should be free! Why does each Star Wars movie cost extra? Profiteering, that's why! Your favorite band should have released their latest songs on their last cd... they are just profiteering putting out new songs now. I paid for my dinner entree... why should dessert be extra? Damn restaurant's always looking for more profit, that's why.

In a free market, value is mutually agreed upon between seller and buyer. If you find enough value in a product for the price, you buy it. If not, you don't. If enough people do not buy, the seller will lower the price. And game prices lower pretty quickly to bring in new buyers who see value differently from early adopters. Sellers make enough profit, they stay in busness. That means, in this case, new racing titles for people like us. Buyers get frustrated on pricing in their hobby? They either find a new hobby or a way to earn more money to support the one they have. Or wait a few months til the product is on sale. It all works out in the end.

Dodge Viper venom pack

1992 Viper rt/10
1996 Viper gts
1998 Viper gt2
2004 Viper rt/10
2011 Viper ACR
2015 Viper gts

Chevy Corvette corner pack

1967 Corvette
1972 Corvette singray
1996 Corvette zr1
1997 Corvette c5