Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
Racedepartment has been quiet, which is weird considering the amount of new videos and info. I guess they can't find what to criticize next :)

I figure, that will be the norm for a lot on September 22 or around reviews!

A PCars fan in there is like being a deer on the opening day of hunting season:dopey::drool: Run for your life and hope to hell nobody sees you:scared::sly:
I still don't get what's the deal with people hating pCARS. I rarely see overly negative comments from pCARS crew towards other games, certainly not to the same level. I guess hating on others is the trend these days considering we now have a great role model at the top of the country.

I'm not sure what else is left now. Pretty much everything has been revealed by recent videos. I'm assuming career mode is mostly the same.

I would like to see how the matchmaking works. I saw no videos of it yet. Unless it's not an automatic matchmaking system at all (finding appropriate servers and people for us to race against, based on our license), like I was assuming it to be.

I've seen a video on the career mode.
It seems much the same except that invitationals are now separate and the top 2 tiers have to be unlocked.

I did have a chuckle when I saw that a short season is 3 races and a long season is 5.
That's not a long season for me, given the number of tracks the game has.

I would really like to have more options on the number of races in a season in career.

I've seen a video on the career mode.
It seems much the same except that invitationals are now separate and the top 2 tiers have to be unlocked.

I did have a chuckle when I saw that a short season is 3 races and a long season is 5.
That's not a long season for me, given the number of tracks the game has.

I would really like to have more options on the number of races in a season in career.
And there are manufacturer drives.

I would like to see how the matchmaking works. I saw no videos of it yet. Unless it's not an automatic matchmaking system at all (finding appropriate servers and people for us to race against, based on our license), like I was assuming it to be.
I'd like to see this as well as this is a key feature for me. I like leagues and the best racing is always the organized kind with like minded individuals and consistent rules, but usually it's only once or twice a week and sometimes I'd like to just sit at the rig and race some random cars around with real people at random times. Knowing I can do this with a reasonable chance of avoiding douchebaggery would go a long way towards making any game a must buy. From what I've seen reported of the GTSport system, it does little to encourage clean driving because it isn't punitive enough of deliberate or accidental contact. I do hope the SMS system works a little better.

Last edited:
I still don't get what's the deal with people hating pCARS. I rarely see overly negative comments from pCARS crew towards other games, certainly not to the same level. I guess hating on others is the trend these days considering we now have a great role model at the top of the country.
Mostly because they felt SMS promised and claimed alot but didn't deliver. They also see SMS as a somewhat shady enterprise. Buying out sim racing media for example. And using WMD members to shill for them. Also alot of it is to win acceptance in their community with the other members. I mean I don't play pcars and can understand being cautious of hype but i refuse to get on the silly hate bandwagon. Because of this I'm apparently working undercover for Ian and he bought me my VR. Some of the conspiracies are amusing but I do wonder about their mental wellbeing sometimes.

People are just upset that SMS rewrote the sim racing rule book for open development. They can't comprehend the possibility of another developer being better at making sims than their beloved developer of choice.
They didn't rewrite the book. They just looked at it, chucked it into the bin and broke a few of them.

People make it out to be the worst racing game out there. Have they looked at Gran Turismo.... besides the graphics, photo mode, and online what else are they doing better than pcars? Yea FFB, overly agressive AI, the super buggy release, and the slightly off physics were the issues with pcars1. But it's no doubt playable though.

Last edited:
Me too. I'm loving that aspect of the new Assetto Corsa AI update, it adds a nice level of unpredictability to races. Plus, watching two AI take each other out and spin off the track ahead of you is cooool.

Better get a real good heater then because you could be in danger of getting frostbite come september....:cheers:

Well some have never really have driven a vehicle past normal speeds in RL enough times to know specifc things about the handling. They want to chime like they know something of how a vehicle handles. I am not going into the details atm, other than it feels really good at this current WIP state of Project CARS 2.

I have seen some call into ?, the drivers working for years with SMS to develop the current handling model. Helping to bring us closer to that real feel! Because the products being released on the market by others were not as close to RL or just bad. There is a common thing of bashing Project CARS in other forums or threads. What matters is being closer to RL. Project CARS 1 can feel really good with the proper ffb/setups on specific vehicles, but still did not bring us to that level of feel.

But, SMS is, "so called arrogant by some"! Well I have seen comments by others over the years and some will not even appear in the forums like Ian Bell. What you see in the WMD forums, SMS strongly discourages the negativity towards other titles. Probably a good % of SMS have played racing titles, since the 90's.

SMS still has work to be done on Project CARS 2, the handling model is not Project CARS 1.2/1.5. It is different and the feel matches a near one to one feel on the lower end non DD wheels(makes me want a DD wheel now).

Do I expect Project CARS 2 to be without flaws? No. That could be said of every other title within the past 15 years or so providing patches/updates. Project CARS 2 will be a great title with DLC and updates. SMS is delivering in 2 titles, what others have not done yet or 3x the releases. What is amazing is the progress from 1 to 2.

Once you get past the negativity! September 22 will be a more enjoyable day! When you go from approx 21 settings to 4 in the FFB area!

Last edited:
Hi, i've some questions
1. Will the PS4 online lobbies have more than 16 players on PCARS 2? By the way GT Sport will have 24 players online and according to me if you want to organize multiclass leagues 16 players are not enough.
2. A part Interlagos are you planning to release other tracks as DLC? If yes how many locations/tracks will you release?
3. We almost don't know nothing about race director,broadcast and overlays, will the director be able to show the standings during the race, the winners during a season ? Are the overlays similar to the app in Pcars store called " Race Overlay"?

Theres actually spin outs in AC?! which update was it?

The recent AI update on PC. I don't think it's been released on consoles yet.
Saw a fantastic AI battle in my mirrors last night with two AI's convincingly spinning off the track while fighting for a corner. I forgot to watch the road ahead though...

Better get a real good heater then because you could be in danger of getting frostbite come september....:cheers:

Excellent news. I wasn't sure whether the pCARS 2 spins I'd seen were from MP footage or not.

WOW!!! The control we will be given is more than I expected. :bowdown:👍

BUT, BUT, there is always a BUT, Does the console offer 100% same control settings? Or, will the console version get a trimmed downed?
On PS4 we had the same exact experience except for the settings for computers. [Performance wise]

We've got enough videos. Something on career will be fine.
Or PWC, Yokohama or Pirelli.
i still want to see some full course cautions or local yellow flags

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, i've some questions
1. Will the PS4 online lobbies have more than 16 players on PCARS 2? By the way GT Sport will have 24 players online and according to me if you want to organize multiclass leagues 16 players are not enough.
2. A part Interlagos are you planning to release other tracks as DLC? If yes how many locations/tracks will you release?
3. We almost don't know nothing about race director,broadcast and overlays, will the director be able to show the standings during the race, the winners during a season ? Are the overlays similar to the app in Pcars store called " Race Overlay"?

1-GT Sport will have 24 players online ONLY in SPORT MODE with the dedicated servers.
Normal lobbies will be P2P servers as Project and older GT games up to 16 players (and no working online rating system, that will only work on Sport mode)

2 they didn't say anything about DLCs, only thing that it would be 4 packs with cars and track each.
Information in the oficial website in the season pass explanation.

3- you have the Q&A with Ian Bell here on GTP with lot of information.
And in the oficial website also

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_images(2).jpg

The new BMW M8 GTE just got announced not too long ago and will be ready for the 2018 WEC season.

Possible DLC vehicle @IanBell? :)

Back