Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
They did actually make the deluxe edition that had all the content available (other than the Japanese Pack). Shame you couldn't have found that @Pete05 for $7. 🙂

There were some free cars added, the Ferrari 488 Challenge springs to mind.
Now that I know a deluxe edition exists, I'll keep my eyes open for a copy.

Thank you :cheers:

They did actually make the deluxe edition that had all the content available (other than the Japanese Pack). Shame you couldn't have found that @Pete05 for $7. 🙂

There were some free cars added, the Ferrari 488 Challenge springs to mind.
Was that ever available on a disk for PS4? I never saw it in the US in a store. Should I look out for it? I browse GameStop’s used bins quite a bit, never seen it.

The 488 challenge was a stock game car when I first bought the disk about a year after PC2 was launched. Are you sure the Ferrari Pack and the LeMans Pack (including the vintage LeMans track) was in the Deluxe disk? They came quite a bit after I bought the original disk…

EDIT: on further Googling, all I can find is the Steam version for PC. Unless Google’s missed it, it doesn’t look like that version made it to consoles as a disk. And boy! It’s commanding some stiff prices for the Steam key on eBay..!

Totally worth it, though. 😂💵💵💵

Last edited:
Was that ever available on a disk for PS4?
I believe so. In fact I'm pretty certain it was. Deluxe/Limited/Collectors edition has a different cover picture to the standard version. It should include all 4 of the major DLC packs. Usually the preorder bonus pack too. I see they are now commanding quite a price, especially the collectors edition! There might be a few digital keys still available somewhere.

Screenshot_2024-03-03-13-21-22-752.jpg

The 488 challenge was a stock game car when I first bought the disk about a year after PC2 was launched.
They added it as a free download. I think maybe on the first anniversary of release?

Last edited:
Make sure and adjust settings if using PS4 controller. Just do some YouTube searches or search GT Planet. With some adjustments can become suitable for general game play.

I have moved on to computer and AMS2 except currently going back to revist PC2 on computer. Still looks good and plays decent. Certainly a lot more forgiving on off track instances.

Looking forward to GTR Revival.

Are you guys still playing this on Xbox? I went back to CARS2 after FM23's disappointing debut and wow... what a timeless masterpiece! @Ian Bell
Yeah mate, still loving it. Even more so running all the classics now I have a manual shifter.

XB-SX, TS-XW, T3PM, TH8A.

It's the only track sim I own/play but I also own WRC10 which my youngest boy likes being the co driver while my eldest boy drives, that can cause some arguments I can tell you.

Edit: my custom built sim rig :)
Modified Black & Decker work bench. strong, heavy but movable & probably could still be folded flat but I replaced the quick release pins with proper M8 nuts and bolts for added stability. Custom built th8a mount out of spare wood & Custom wide brake pedal plate made from 3mm steel plate I had knocking around. Wireless numpad used as a button box. The whole thing with everything attached probably weighs about 40kg so it doesn't move under heavy braking but the ffb sends enough vibration through the rig to add a bit of immersion.
20240314_101817.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah mate, still loving it. Even more so running all the classics now I have a manual shifter.

It's the only track sim I own/play but I also own WRC10 which my youngest boy likes being the co driver while my eldest boy drives, that can cause some arguments I can tell you.

Modified Black & Decker work bench. strong, heavy but movable & probably could still be folded flat but I replaced the quick release pins with proper M8 nuts and bolts for added stability. Custom built th8a mount out of spare wood & Custom wide brake pedal plate made from 3mm steel plate I had knocking around. Wireless numpad used as a button box. The whole thing with everything attached probably weighs about 40kg so it doesn't move under heavy braking but the ffb sends enough vibration through the rig to add a bit of immersion.
View attachment 1337024
Well done on the custom build 👏

I had a Logitech G29 about 7 or 8 years ago but nowhere to mount it & just used it by resting it on my thighs.

Not surprisingly, that got old very quick & I ended up giving it away to a mate for his boys to use.

Well done on the custom build 👏

I had a Logitech G29 about 7 or 8 years ago but nowhere to mount it & just used it by resting it on my thighs.

Not surprisingly, that got old very quick & I ended up giving it away to a mate for his boys to use.
If I had a spare room where I could leave it set up then I'd probably build a proper looking rig out of all the spare wood/metal I got. But it does me & I like messing about creating things out of scrap materials.

That unit behind the rig with my soundbar on I built because all other stuff you buy is cheap crap chipboard or they want to charge the earth for something generic, so I bought a 8x4 sheet of 15mm moisture proof mdf & turned it into a custom unit for all my equipment, rounded all the edges off with the router, sanded it down & sprayed it with the paint gun.

20240314_121437.jpg

Last edited:
If I had a spare room where I could leave it set up then I'd probably build a proper looking rig out of all the spare wood/metal I got. But it does me & I like messing about creating things out of scrap materials.

That unit behind the rig with my soundbar on I built because all other stuff you buy is cheap crap chipboard or they want to charge the earth for something generic, so I bought a 8x4 sheet of 15mm moisture proof mdf & turned it into a custom unit for all my equipment, rounded all the edges off with the router, sanded it down & sprayed it with the paint gun.

View attachment 1337053

Great job, looks like you've built exactly what you need. Much better when you put thought, time and effort in. It's all yours 👍

View attachment 1337024
Killer setup, absolutely love it!

I'm still on controller though.... works. :D

Nothing wrong with a controller mate, I spent 75% of my time with a controller on PC2, only got a wheel for immersion purposes, now I spend 75% on the wheel, still like laying on the sofa with a controller though.
Do you use the analog sticks or the buttons on the controller?

If you're a button basher like me, can I ask you to please share your settings?

I'm kinda lost 😕

Do you use the analog sticks or the buttons on the controller?

If you're a button basher like me, can I ask you to please share your settings?

I'm kinda lost 😕
I use the left stick to turn left/right, triggers for accelerate/brake & A/X for shifting up/down.

What are you lost with?

I can post pic's of all my settings if you want.

Last edited:
I use the left stick to turn left/right, triggers for accelerate/brake & A/X for shifting up/down.

What are you lost with?

I can post pic's of all my settings if you want.
From day 1 on the original PlayStation, I've always been X button for acceleration, square for braking, L2 for down shifts, R2 for up shifts & the D pad for steering.

I've tried a few times to adapt to others styles, but I may as well not bother I'm so bad.
Old habits & muscle memory take over.

Really disappointed PlayStation went from analog DS3 to digital on the DS4.
Hey Sony, 1999 wants its controller back.

I believe so. In fact I'm pretty certain it was. Deluxe/Limited/Collectors edition has a different cover picture to the standard version. It should include all 4 of the major DLC packs. Usually the preorder bonus pack too. I see they are now commanding quite a price, especially the collectors edition! There might be a few digital keys still available somewhere.

View attachment 1333568

They added it as a free download. I think maybe on the first anniversary of release?

From a collector’s site:

• LIMITED EDITION: Includes the full game, Sticker Sheet, Steelbook™, and the exclusive Japanese Cars Pack. This DLC will feature four cars from iconic Japanese manufacturers Honda and Nissan—two race cars dressed in distinctive liveries, one concept car, and one road car. This limited edition has the same RRP as the Standard Edition, and will be available for of 69.99€ on PS4 & Xbox One, and 59.99€ on PC.
  • COLLECTOR’S EDITION: Includes all the elements from the Limited Edition, and adds the Esport Live VIP Pass, an Art Book, a 1/43 scale model car of the gorgeous McLaren 720S (Diecast in an exclusive SMS-R Stealth Satin livery), the Season Pass, and the Motorsport Pack DLC*. This has a RRP of 159.99€ on PS4 & Xbox One, and 149.99€ on PC.
  • ULTRA EDITION: This represents the most exclusive Project CARS edition ever created, and is an absolute ‘must have’ for all Project CARS 2 fans. Limited to only 1,000 copies, it includes all the contents from the Collector’s Edition except for the 1/43 scale model McLaren 720S which is replaced by a 1/12 Resin McLaren 720S (in SMS-R Stealth Satin livery). The Ultra Edition then adds a signed poster, an individually-numbered Snapback cap, and a McLaren Sketchbook, which is an official collaboration with McLaren that follows the development of the 720S (the successor to the 650S that launches McLaren Automotive’s Super Series into its second generation), from inception, through design, to engineering. The Ultra Edition is available at a RRP of 429.99€ for PS4 & Xbox One, and 419.99€ on PC.
These editions were available at launch, therefore they couldn’t have DLC from nearly two years later.

Would anyone with actual experience of getting a disk that had ALL DLC on it care to chime in?

The deluxe edition might be the cheaper one to look out for. It'll have the season pass but doesn't include the extras. Or perhaps an unused season pass.
These editions were available at launch, therefore they couldn’t have DLC from nearly two years later.
The DLC won't be included on the disc but should be accessible digitally if the edition includes the "Season Pass". But I'd possibly think that the season pass code would not need to have been used previously?

Although the game and its extra content has been delisted from the stores, it's still there on the servers available to those who have already bought it.

Obviously it'd been good to know if anyone has had success in accessing everything via a fresh DLC code since it was delisted.

Back