Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
i have serious problem with the FFB and Project Cars 2 (PS4). FFB Is very Rough and hard. And the Steering looks very broken or unrealistic. I have no more clipping. But my hands hurts from this FBB. The FFB is pretty rough and hard, and the car have to much grip. I drive first time, the McLaren p1 on the Nürburgring Nordschleife Lap1 7:11 Lap2 7:05. And is like need for speed.... I mean, you can drive curbs and drive like stolen it.

The only car, who driving natural for me, is the porsch cayman GT4. :nervous:

Hey guys, is there a setup database for this game yet? Like there was for the first game? I'm struggling to match real world lap times at Road America which isn't a problem I have on most tracks. Whenever I do have this issue, it's usually no more than 2 seconds off the real life pace (2:04.2 at Bathurst in the 488 compared to Toni Vilander's pole). With the Ford GTE I've only been able to do a fastest lap of 2:05.67compared to the 2:01.xx of this year's real pole or the 2:02 second lap times last year. I can't even get comfortable enough to get down to the 2:03-2:04 that the last gen GTE cars ran. Any help is appreciated.

Any possibility for this game to feature crossplay with the Xbox? I know Sony won´t allow it, but there are some examples of crossplay with the Xbox.

It would be good for online, considering it would double or triple the userbase. If the tech allows it, it´s something that should be considered...

I've finally gotten use to PC2 now. I'm having hours of fun (& fustration lol). Just playing the game at my own pace. Sometimes I'll just chill & do easy races, sometimes I'll do some tough races. I can play it for hours on end, lots of different variations of races to do.

As I said in the pc1 thread, the feature I love the most about PC is the Real time & date function. It makes the races/practises feel more real. God help me if it ever snows :lol:

The more I play PC2 & explore the game, & learning how to race a car with the correct tune, the more I like it. I'm always making sure I have the right tune/settings for the car now before I do a race. It does take some time getting use to, but once you get use to it, it becomes such a great racing game to play.

Yes, it does has it's bugs. But I've said times & times again, I'm sure they won't be there in the future. I'm just looking on the bright side of things.

It's been my favourite racing game released this year. & I hope @IanBell & the team have a lot of success in 2018. :)👍

Is it just me or is the Mercedes AMG GTR really unstable? In the wet it's almost impossible to drive straight and keep any sort of traction. However it's an absolute pig in the corners. Tonnes of understeer, feels like I'm driving a bus. It was like driving on ice, in fact maybe worse because the regular soft tyre can't handle the wet. Even in the dry it feels unstable. It's far better in the corners but I can't live with the car at all. Has something been updated? I remember being able to drive the car on the Bull Ring without difficulty - it felt brilliant. I'm really confused and annoyed because the 935/80 is easier to drive in the wet than the AMG GTR... Help!

in GT3 class, does anyone know what the ideal brake temperature is?
From my experience the difference in cold and warm brakes is minimal. If they go above 1000F/540C you will notice fade immediately. It will literally feel like the car doesn’t have brakes. Personally I would never let them get near 750C.

Going to buy the season pass for ps4 on Christmas, then the collectors edition for the Xbox one on Boxing Day if my town still has it in stock.

Then I'll have it for ps4 & Xbox one. Saves me switching between the two consoles lol because I'm lazy like that.

Does anybody have any good race ideas? Because I'm all out of ideas. I don't know what car & track to choose from. Usually spend about 10 mins setting up a decent race. Pays off though. Had some epic races. Did Le Mans circuit last week. Had a mix of 80s - '00 Le Mans cars & GR1 class cars. I think it was GR1, I could be wrong. Awesome race, best one I've had so far. Used the Nissan R89C Le Mans.

300°C at the start of the braking maneuver.
The steel brakes start to fade at ~750°C.

From my experience the difference in cold and warm brakes is minimal. If they go above 1000F/540C you will notice fade immediately. It will literally feel like the car doesn’t have brakes. Personally I would never let them get near 750C.

thanks for the responses guys, up until now i have been aiming for 900 F. will try and lower slightly. Whilst we're on the subject of temperatures, is 200F about right for the tyres (the mid section of the tyre)?

does anyone find the Nissan GTR GT3 to be one of the worst performing GT3 cars on the game?

thanks for the responses guys, up until now i have been aiming for 900 F. will try and lower slightly. Whilst we're on the subject of temperatures, is 200F about right for the tyres (the mid section of the tyre)?

does anyone find the Nissan GTR GT3 to be one of the worst performing GT3 cars on the game?
That’s way too hot for softs. You really don’t want them to ever go over 180F, the colder the better. Overheating softs is why your race lap times can be multiple seconds slower than practice times. For hards around 190F and up seems to be fine. I haven’t been on many hot tracks so I don’t know about the upper limit of the hards.

Im curious, has anyone ever noticed the effects of live track 3.0 in reference to dirt being put on the track? I have never noticed any debris ever going on track when I have an off. Does it really happen? Im on PC, maybe ive turned it off by mistake to save performance?

Im curious, has anyone ever noticed the effects of live track 3.0 in reference to dirt being put on the track? I have never noticed any debris ever going on track when I have an off. Does it really happen? Im on PC, maybe ive turned it off by mistake to save performance?
I saw it in a league race a few weeks ago at Imola. Others must have gone off around Piratella at Imola for that to be the case.

I've seen it happen (on PC). Friday night we were racing online at Laguna Seca and at turn 4 someone had gone wide and brought some sand back onto the track and for about 5 laps every time I went through there I'd get loose on the sand.

It happens a lot at Bathurst after the left hander before the crazy downhill bends as the AI are extremely prone to going wide there (and often having multi-car crashes depending on the class).

Looks a bit silly to me as you can see loose gravel literally through the whole twisty section and even onto the long back straight. Don't know how long gravel stays in tyres but it seems a little OTT to me. Not sure how much handling is affected by driving over it either.

Looks a bit silly to me as you can see loose gravel literally through the whole twisty section and even onto the long back straight. Don't know how long gravel stays in tyres but it seems a little OTT to me. Not sure how much handling is affected by driving over it either.

When it happened to me at Laguna Seca Friday it looked fine and definitely affected my handling when I drove over it.

When it happened to me at Laguna Seca Friday it looked fine and definitely affected my handling when I drove over it.
I guess that section at Bathurst is normally taken carefully anyway so might not notice too much grip loss. It's more the distance the gravel is spread on to the track that I found strange.

Don't know how long gravel stays in tyres but it seems a little OTT to me. Not sure how much handling is affected by driving over it either.

It's not just the tyres that picks up the gravel, it gets scooped up by the front splitter and other parts of the bodywork, I've often been watching (RL) racing and seen cars that have been off spitting gravel from the bodywork on the track when braking after coming back on, also when they weave to clean the tyres too.

I guess that section at Bathurst is normally taken carefully anyway so might not notice too much grip loss. It's more the distance the gravel is spread on to the track that I found strange.
hot sticky tires will hold some gravel but for how long is a good question. I can see the straights would get the last of the gravel off though

What about DLC?
Don´t they think their gamers need something new?

Forza 7 has over 700 cars and still already a carpack out
and Forzathon which gave more cars even.

Slightly Mad said other games should look now up to them but in the end they fail
to deliver again.....

They probably work on Pcars 3 already.

What about DLC?
Don´t they think their gamers need something new?

Forza 7 has over 700 cars and still already a carpack out
and Forzathon which gave more cars even.

Slightly Mad said other games should look now up to them but in the end they fail
to deliver again.....

You're guaranteed 4 dlc packs over the life span of the game, why the rush? It'll probably be another 1-2 months, I think they're releasing dlc quarterly. Wouldn't you rather have them focus their resources on this next patch instead? Or does that make too much sense.

I would be willing to put money down on them doing such a thing. I would be willing to do the same thing for PD and T10, it’s just how business works, and there is nothing wrong with it.

Back