Project CARS 2 Patch 5.0 Now Available on PC, Includes Free Ferrari 488 Challenge

It's splitting hairs. Imminent implies, to me, within the next 48 hours or so, but I'll be happy as long as we get the patch this week. I'm not interested in another 2-week wait like last time.
Yeah them using the word imminently is what bothers me :irked: in my mind i was thinking within the next 48 hours :(

Can you imagine if PD started to use the word imminently :lol::banghead:

Last edited:
Yeah them using the word imminently is what bothers me :irked: in my mind i was thinking within the next 48 hours :(

Can you imagine if PD started to use the word imminently :lol::banghead:

KAZ: "Gran Turismo 8 launch IMMINENT!"
Translation: GT8 Is coming in 2020

It's splitting hairs. Imminent implies, to me, within the next 48 hours or so, but I'll be happy as long as we get the patch this week. I'm not interested in another 2-week wait like last time.

SMS get no control over that and there won't be any progress update from them during the process. MS and Sony are still living in the dark ages when it comes to submission times.

Even Apple show Sony and MS to be archaic dinosaurs:

https://qz.com/684083/apples-app-store-approval-time-has-gotten-much-faster-developers-report/

Still not as quick as Steam's self-publishing, but it's not bad.

Not in the Western Hemisphere yet :( Hopefully by tonight, I don't remember how long the wait was last time

Oh man, Leipzig Dynamic is fun as 🤬 in an RX. Especially when you make your own RX layout, hitting only the timing lines and cutting the rest of the track, penalties off of course. :crazy::D

Both of the new Leipzig layouts are way more fun than the first one. Dynamic is fantastic and a proper test circuit, and I think Short will be my preferred layout for racing. I'm really glad people made noise about the one layout, and that SMS owned up to it. Leipzig is a real worthy part of the DLC now. 👍 👍

The new Ferrari 488 Challenge free car is good fun! :)

How i'd love the 512 BB to appear in this game too...........Please SMS!! :D

My guesses were right about putting it up against the Lamborghini Super Trofeo. They are pretty even but depends on the track. I did 20 minute qualifying sessions and skipped to the end to see how it played out.

At Monza it was fairly mixed but the Ferrari's held an advantage over the course of a lap. I watched the AI race too. Sometimes both cars would exit a turn side by side and be even up to a point and then the Ferrari pulls ahead a bit. At that point it comes to braking and who's balls are bigger since sometimes the Ferrari would keep it and other times they would back out letting the Lambo get the proper line and a better exit.

At Imola the qualifying went completely sideways. Practically all Lambos started ahead of the Ferraris. I'm gonna try some other tracks later with shorter straights to see if that's all it's down to. Laguna Seca (now WeatherTech Laguna Seca... I know...) is great place to see which car takes turns better since neither will be getting into high gear/speeds.

It's really cool having an all out battle between Ferrari and Lamborghini in really powerful cars. Just let them sing

My guesses were right about putting it up against the Lamborghini Super Trofeo. They are pretty even but depends on the track. I did 20 minute qualifying sessions and skipped to the end to see how it played out.

At Monza it was fairly mixed but the Ferrari's held an advantage over the course of a lap. I watched the AI race too. Sometimes both cars would exit a turn side by side and be even up to a point and then the Ferrari pulls ahead a bit. At that point it comes to braking and who's balls are bigger since sometimes the Ferrari would keep it and other times they would back out letting the Lambo get the proper line and a better exit.

At Imola the qualifying went completely sideways. Practically all Lambos started ahead of the Ferraris. I'm gonna try some other tracks later with shorter straights to see if that's all it's down to. Laguna Seca (now WeatherTech Laguna Seca... I know...) is great place to see which car takes turns better since neither will be getting into high gear/speeds.

It's really cool having an all out battle between Ferrari and Lamborghini in really powerful cars. Just let them sing
I'm coming to the conclusion that there is basically nothing between these two cars. I went to Fuji and even getting a decent run off the last turn I couldn't easily draft overtake the Lambo and clear it enough to make it definitive. I couldn't even get side by side.

They are pretty even in a straight line over a long drag and at lower speeds it's down to driver skill putting down the 600+ HP in these beasts.

Even though you've got 3 separate Ferrari Challenge series, it looks like they all run against each other in the race? Because I ran a NA car last night but I saw some EU liveries in there.

Even though you've got 3 separate Ferrari Challenge series, it looks like they all run against each other in the race? Because I ran a NA car last night but I saw some EU liveries in there.
I think it's that they're 3 separate series of cars but the exact same car.

Did you run it with "identical" cars or same class? Perhaps the same class setting actually mixes the 3..?

I think it's that they're 3 separate series of cars but the exact same car.

Right I think they're the exact same car too but it looks like NA cars don't run exclusively with NA cars, EU cars with EU etc. Which we might have figured out the reason below here.

Did you run it with "identical" cars or same class? Perhaps the same class setting actually mixes the 3..?

I ran same class so maybe that is why they're all mixed together. I saw one livery running against me that I liked and I thought "I don't remember seeing that choice in the menu" and that's because it wasn't a NA car.

Back