Project CARS 2 Patch 5.0 Now Available on PC, Includes Free Ferrari 488 Challenge

Love waking up early and first thing I do is check Gt planet great work to Sms as well awesome free car and more layouts damn between this and GT Sport ahhhh could it get any better.

How does it differ from the GT3 car? Weight, Power, amount of downforce it can take?

I love having classes for one-make racing series. We have a decent amount of one-make classes. The Clio Cup, Renault R.S. 01, Super Trofeo, Megane Trophy, GT5, and Ginetta Junior are nice. A 911 RS Cup Car would be nice though too.

It feels very light and nimble, very close to the GT3.

Downforce maxes out @2.00 front/10.00 rear.

Update is 1.4GB

Here's a quick (terrible) cell phone picture with it's stats.
IMG_20180405_154516.jpg

Last edited:
Time to update my power-to-weight ratios thread. I'll give it a bump if you want but I think it should only be a page or two back.

So the Ferrari is at 4.40 while the RS01 and Super Trofeo sit at 4.58. Neither is close in power and even the lighter RS01 is 120HP down. I don't think there will be any Ferrari vs. Lamborghini two-class battles :(

Actually the Lambo is only 60HP down and 155 pounds lighter. Is that a big enough weight loss to keep up in the turns or even things out in a drag race?

Last edited:
So what happens if you didn't buy the Porsche pack? Do you still get the Ferrari without the too layouts?:confused:

Last edited:
The Ferrari 488 Challenge is free for everybody, you don't need to have purchased any DLC to have it.

GT3 class BoP in this patch5

source: https://www.apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/gt3-car-balancing.30733/page-11#post-535115

Nerfed
- Ferrari 488 GT3 (Weight increase)

Buffed
- Acura NSX GT3 (Weight Reduction)
- Aston Martin Vantage GT3 (Weight Reduction, Ride height reduction, Aero balance & efficiency changes)
- Bentley Continental GT3 (Weight Reduction)
- Cadillac ATS-V.R GT3 (Weight Reduction)
- McLaren 650S GT3 (Power increase)
- Mercedes-AMG GT3 (Weight Reduction, Aero balance & efficiency changes and fix for small asymmetry settings in rear suspension improving driveability)
- Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 (Weight Reduction, Ride height reduction, Aero balance & efficiency changes)
- Nissan GT-R GT3 (Weight Reduction)

GT3 class BoP in this patch5

source: https://www.apexonlineracing.com/community/threads/gt3-car-balancing.30733/page-11#post-535115

Nerfed
- Ferrari 488 GT3 (Weight increase)

Buffed
- Acura NSX GT3 (Weight Reduction)
- Aston Martin Vantage GT3 (Weight Reduction, Ride height reduction, Aero balance & efficiency changes)
- Bentley Continental GT3 (Weight Reduction)
- Cadillac ATS-V.R GT3 (Weight Reduction)
- McLaren 650S GT3 (Power increase)
- Mercedes-AMG GT3 (Weight Reduction, Aero balance & efficiency changes and fix for small asymmetry settings in rear suspension improving driveability)
- Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 (Weight Reduction, Ride height reduction, Aero balance & efficiency changes)
- Nissan GT-R GT3 (Weight Reduction)
This looks good to me since the Bentley and Cadillac are two of my favorites!

The console users are loyal fans as well; therefore, we should be given a chance of having it first hand as well.

Nice, looking forward to some F488 cup races. Anyone else still remember F355 Challenge on Dreamcast?

I cant wait for the F355 challenge to come. I dont mind doing a multiclass race which has the 488 and the F355. Some good old challenge racing.

is anyone having a problem since this patch with thrustmaster t500rs wheel? MY wheel and pedal buttons all work but I have no steering. Tried calibration, thrustmaster control panel, verify integrity of files, no fix... The wheel works on everything else

The console users are loyal fans as well; therefore, we should be given a chance of having it first hand as well.
SMS has to go through Sony/MS release process which adds a delay from when the patch is ready to when it is deployed.

I booted up the game but I don't see the 488 challenge and I'm guessing the update wasn't installed either...how do I get it?

Back