Project CARS 2 Videos

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 2,969 comments
Any chance of a race and replay of the crazy looking KTM X-BOW GT4, and a replay of the TS020 GT-one as I have yet to hear the external sound of that please?

Love the pictures @Infinity448. They will make for some stylised thumbnails for videos with a text overlay. I use similar images from the Assetto Corsa loading screen but sometimes the text is over the image. Thankfully this will sort that out for my inevitable PCars2 videos.

Last edited:
Is it possible for anyone to post a video of a TC race (opel, mercedes, renault and bmw) on the Knockhill International circuit with the maximum grid? And I will also be curious to see the Lydden Hill GP circuit (maximum grid). Thank you

Watching that FC video, the AI seems to behave quite similar at the first corner as PC1, however at least they are not all crashing and ruining your race, once they get through the first turn they should be able to race fast and fair!

Also new vid:

The windshield rain effect looks much better in the Acura video. I've noticed it that some other cars also have this new (much better) rain efffects. I'm hoping that all of the cars are going to be updated to look similar, at least I hope that this is the plan. Would be very happy if someone from WMD can confirm that.

The windshield rain effect looks much better in the Acura video. I've noticed it that some other cars also have this new (much better) rain efffects. I'm hoping that all of the cars are going to be updated to look similar, at least I hope that this is the plan. Would be very happy if someone from WMD can confirm that.

I'm not from WMD but I know the windscreen rain effects can be toggled on and off. Thats why we are seeing differences between videos. Think that's what you are refering too?

I'm not from WMD but I know the windscreen rain effects can be toggled on and off. Thats why we are seeing differences between videos. Think that's what you are refering too?
What I mean is the "old" graphics looks odd - the windshield wiper has to complete full animation cycle before any new raindrops can appear, so it would look really weird with parts of windshield remaining completely clean even in the pouring rain. With the new animation, the windshield looks a lot more lifelike with raindrops constantly appearing and also there is even some simplified simulation of the movement of the drops as the vehicle speed increases. Looks much better, but so far I've only seen it on some of the cars new to pCARS 2, so hope it can be extended to all cars.

Could someone record a hotlap for us at Zolder in the dry, either with the FA, FX, any of the Indycars or perhaps with the Lotus 98T? What I'm curious about is how the high curbs in the Kleine Chicane will affect the car when attacked aggressively. Having a replay of the lap from trackside cameras at the end would be perfect.

Anything anyone wants to see in VR? (If I can get recording working)
VR specific settings, FPS log during a race with rain and night, or even better frametimes using the Nvidia FCAT VR tool, if you have Nvidia card.
Maybe general feedback on VR experience against pCARS 1. What's improved visually when you're in Oculus/Vive?

VR specific settings, FPS log during a race with rain and night, or even better frametimes using the Nvidia FCAT VR tool, if you have Nvidia card.
Maybe general feedback on VR experience against pCARS 1. What's improved visually when you're in Oculus/Vive?
I got a 1080ti, so I don't actually know if my framerates would be relevant to anyone.... Everything is maxed except anti-aliasing and it holds at 90 in all conditions.

I'm actually kind of a noob with recording so I just use shadowplay, not sure how to share much besides gameplay, but i could definitely do a quick scroll-through of all the new options.

What has gotten completely better is all in-car detail, which looks much clearer. There's also not much pop-in for me between the two games, but I'll have to attribute that to my upgrade from a 970 to 1080ti. (Though even with the 970 in early builds you could get 60 cars at the Suzuka lookalike without crashing. ;) )

Another new thing they've done is model the entire interior behind you as well, at least when you're looking at it, where in pCARS it was see-through, or black like in Dirt Rally, or Dirt4.

Also, setting a default head position also sets a default angle for your mirrors, and looking at them at different angles will *slightly* change the image displayed on the mirrors.

Sorry for having no idea how FCAT really works.

nascar at Texas?
Funhaver on rally track?

I'll see if I can't get shadowplay to record the framerate, and do the tests on one of those.

Back