Project CARS 2 Videos

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 2,969 comments
What a blast of a combo!!

1f401.png

Need a little help please.

I'm new to the recording game footage thingy & I have looked on Google but I just don't understand the technical jargon regarding the correct metadata & LUT's.

When I upload a 4K HDR video to youtube it looks all washed out & dull, I'm recording direct from my XB1X to a external drive @ 60fps in 4K HDR then uploading it to YouTube.

I've viewed enough 4K HDR content to know it's not the TV, but also other peoples 4K HDR uploads still look good viewing it on my phone @720p.

I've read that YouTube requires the correct information about a video file so it can display it correctly on both hdr & sdr displays but there help page isn't very helpful to someone like me who does not understand.

I'm sorry Mods for posting this is in the wrong place, but I hoped because you guys in here do this quite regularly you could share your knowledge about it.

Thanks in advance chaps.

Edit: Sorted (sort of).

Last edited:
And the new Mustang in the GT4 class is great fun too.....Hairy chested! :D

And @Mr Grumpy i use SHAREFactory on the PS4, makes editing and adjusting very easy. And after it automatically uploads to YouTube in 720p, Not sure what editing programs the XBONE has, never owned one.

1f401.png

And the new Mustang in the GT4 class is great fun too.....Hairy chested! :D

And @Mr Grumpy i use SHAREFactory on the PS4, makes editing and adjusting very easy. And after it automatically uploads to YouTube in 720p, Not sure what editing programs the XBONE has, never owned one.

1f401.png

Sort of sorted it. If I record @ 4k sdr then it looks good on all platforms at any resolution, which is better for showing off my crap driving to everyone.

Tricky getting through the first chicane on lap 1 at Bugatti in the GT3s! :P

Although i won a car for my troubles lol! :D

Back