Project CARS 2: What Will It Have?

United Kingdom
Southampton
RacingAtHome
Seeing as it was kindly requested combined with having nothing else to do, I've decided to do this. Some aspects may be copied from the Forza thread but the same basic principle applies. Thanks to the relative openness of @IanBell and co, we are able to find answers to these questions more easily.

Key
  • :sly:: Confirmed to be included.
  • :confused:: "Sort of" implemented (may be similar idea, different execution etc.).
  • :scared: Available in a Future Update
  • :boggled: Possibly coming in a future update
  • :ouch:: Not going to be included

Single Player Career Mode
  • [:sly:] Allow the user to set short seasons in the career.
  • [] Removal of scripted weather in career mode.
Single Player Free Play
  • [:boggled:] Allow the user to create championships offline.
  • [:boggled:] Allow the user to create a Race Weekend with multiple races.
  • [:confused:] Add the Ability to create multiclass events in Single Player Custom Race mode. (Up to 4 classes)
  • [:sly:] Addition of a Spotter into all types of racing series. Oval being a priority.
  • [:ouch:] Spotter tells specific corner numbers and names on a circuit.
  • [:sly:] Add a visual indicator of whether there is a car around you.
  • [:sly:] Add the ability for users to force a pitstop in Custom Race mode.
  • [:confused:] Add the ability to create a fully customised grid in Custom Race mode including AI and their specific cars.
  • [:ouch:] Remove the slots system for an improved weather system in game.
  • [] Options for tyre blankets like Assetto Corsa.
  • [:sly:] Ability to set race time length in terms of hours and minutes and not presets.
  • [] Ability to select your favourite livery.
  • [:sly:] Ability to configure a weekend completely. E.g. Weather/Times/Dates per session.
  • [:confused:] Variety of ways to decide the grid. E.g. Reverse x in Qualifying/Previous Race
  • [:ouch:] Improve the variety of Qualifying systems. E.g. Average over x laps (Indy 500), best of x laps (Mid 2000s F1), knockout style qualifying.
AI
  • [] AI have the ability to flash headlights when lapping cars.
  • [:sly:] Reduce the aggressiveness of the AI.
  • [:sly:] Agression slider added into the game to prevent massive agression from the AI.
  • [:sly:] AI improved to ensure easier lapping for the player and other AI
  • [:sly:] AI adjust their setups for high and low downforce circuits.
  • [] Full AI quantities on consoles. E.g. 56/60 at Le Mans which wasn't the case in PC1 on consoles.
  • [:sly:] AI get out of the way when not on a qualifying lap.
  • [:sly:] AI are able to read the LiveTrack 3.0 aspects regarding driving lines.
  • [:sly:] AI are able to make their own mistakes.
On Track Experience
  • [:sly:] Allow the user to manually control their car in pit lane.
  • [:sly:] Allow the user to have a Manual Cool Down Lap.
  • [:sly:] Allow the user to control their car for the whole formation lap.
  • [] Improve the Pit Strategy area by implementing a Codemasters style menu.
  • [:sly:] Improve the incredibly frustrating off track penalties area. (Implemented through Warnings, Time Penalties, Position Give Backs and DQ)
  • [:ouch:] Sand traps work as in real life regarding beaching of the car.
  • [:ouch:] Add a full Safety Car system in game.
  • [:sly:] Add a Code 60/VSC system in game.
  • [:sly:] Add pit stop animations for all cars.
  • [:sly:] Penalties for Speed Limit infringements.
  • [:sly:] Penalties for not sticking to inside white line on pit exit.
  • [:sly:] Penalties for contact on pit lane.
  • [:sly:] Grid penalties for being a derp.
  • [] Add flag wavers into the game like GT Sport.
  • [:ouch:] Mid race saves intended for Endurance Races.
  • [:ouch:] Oil spills on circuit.
  • [:ouch:] Carbon Fibre pieces on circuit.
  • [:ouch:] Ability to be towed back to the pitlane.
  • [:sly:] If a previous session is wet, the circuit at the start of the next session may be wet assuming it's right after the previous despite it currently being dry.
  • [:ouch:] Class lights on cars. E.g. GTE
  • [:sly:] Damage Indicator to show the player what their damage is.
  • [:ouch:] Implementation of tyre allocations.
  • [:sly:] Multiclass races now have separate winners per class.
Tracks and Locations
  • [:sly:] Add RallyX as a new discipline into the game.
  • [] Add a variation/location specifically for drifting cars.
  • [:sly:] Add the ability for locations to appear differently throughout the year. E.g. Leaves on Trees and Mount Fuji Snow
  • [:sly:] Add more classic circuits. E.g. Spa and Monza
  • [:sly:] Add ovals into the game and implemented as intended.
  • [] Working DRS zones for relevant cars.
  • [:sly:] Dynamic puddles based on rainfall and track contours.
  • [:sly:] Dynamic driving line based on temperature and cars driving.
  • [:sly:] Localised weather.
  • [] Ability to cut the Nordschleife Combined on a Qualifying lap.
Cars
  • [:sly:] Separate the GT3 and GTEs that were BOP'd into the GT3 class in Project CARS 1.
  • [:ouch:] Separate the Super 2000 and TCR spec cars in game.
  • [:sly:] Expand the Touring Car classes in the game.
  • [] Allow cars with lights to flash them and put them on High/Low/No beam.
  • [:sly:] Improve the categorisation of the car classes in game.
  • [:sly:] Increase the quantity of real life liveries in game whilst keeping the uniqueness of the fantasy liveries.
  • [] Allow for the ability to select a preset setup for a car/category like the Codemasters F1 Series.
  • [] Improve the realisticness of the hybrid systems on those that have it.
  • [:sly:] Fuel Maps increasing power and fuel consumption and vice versa.
  • [:sly:] Ability to set Traction Control on circuit.
  • [:sly:] Ability to set ABS on circuit.
  • [:sly:] Improve the physics to allow the car feeling correct over the limit. E.g. Drifting.
  • [:sly:] Ability to name setups.
  • [:sly:] Ability to share tuning setups.
  • [:sly:] Ability for the player to receive suggested changes from the engineer like the MotoGP games.
  • [] Cars are able to have punctured tyres.
Photo Mode
  • [] Ability to save photos in 4K resolution on all platforms.
  • [] Improve the movability of the camera.
Livery Editing
  • [:ouch:] Develop a feature where users can customise liveries in game.
Leaderboards
  • [] Ability for players to see leaderboards on each platform in a web environment.
  • [] Ability to filter users by peripheral used.
  • [] Ability to see a local leaderboard where a player can see their best times around that circuit in various cars.
Multiplayer
  • [:sly:] Implement a license with reasonable areas of judgment. E.g. Cleanliness, Speed and Experience
  • [:sly:] Implement the ability to use the CRL to reduce the rammers in online gameplay.
  • [:sly:] The CRL is different for each type of car. E.g. RX has a high tolerance for contact compared to Formula A.
  • [:sly:] The CRL can be stopped in a private lobby so you can have a demolition derby to relive the good old days of dirty noobs.
  • [] Allow the host of a lobby to add weight and reduce power to the cars based on previous success.
  • [:ouch:] Ability to have cross-platform multiplayer like Rocket League.
  • [:scared:] Driver Swaps online. Nothing else needed to say.
  • [] Ability to select specific aspects of a setup to default.
  • [:ouch:] Ability to set all cars to ghosts in an online race. Like GTA Non-Contact.
  • [:sly:] Ability to marshal and receive penalties in real time for racing infractions.
  • [] Create preset lobbies that allow a player to join a race quickly.
Clubs
  • [] Allow players to create and join a Club.
  • [] Allow a Club Leader to create a hot lap challenge over a specified time by the Leader.
Online Championships
  • [] Allow users to add AI to their Online Championship to fill the grid.
  • [:sly:] Allow users to create teams.
  • [:sly:] Ability to create and change the schedule mid season.
  • [:sly:] Ability to apply penalties to drivers.
  • [:sly:] Ability to apply additional points to drivers.
Spectating and Replays
  • [:sly:] Ability to view the current leaderboard.
  • [:sly:] Ability to show various broadcast overlays and toggle. E.g. Track Map, Leaderboard
  • [:sly:] Ability to select broadcasters and commentators.
  • [:sly:] Ability to stream to multiple platforms. E.g. YouTube and Twitch
Other Features
  • [:sly:] Improve the quantity and quality of data provided within the Stats screen
  • [:ouch:] Ability to create/use a Custom Avatar.
  • [:ouch:] Ability to customise the racing overalls of the driver.
  • [:sly:] Implementation of 12K. (4K on 3 monitors)
  • [] Ability to choose between showing a username and a real name for Custom Race and Online Racing overlays.
Graphics
  • [:sly:] HDR support.
Issues from the Previous Iteration
  • [:sly:] Improve the user experience regarding customisation of FFB settings.
  • [] Improve the user experience regarding customisation of car settings.
  • [:sly:] Improve the quantity and quality of information on the HUD during races.
  • [:sly:] Improve the sound quality from different views. E.g. Roof and Bonnet cams.
  • [:sly:] Remove the Camber setup bug.
  • [] When setting default setups, the FFB setups are unable to be changed.
  • [] When setting default setups, pit strategies are unable to be changed.
  • [] When setting default setups, there is an exploit that users can preset their setup before lobby entry.
  • [:sly:] In Saved Replays, there were numerous issues regarding swapped and missing cars.
  • [] Cars going airbourne after touching kerbs.
  • [:sly:] Reduce the stutter when somebody joins the lobby in online.
  • [:sly:] Ability to catch a slide and not look foolish by being unable to catch a 20mph slide.
  • [:sly:] Various errors in the day-night and vice versa transition.
Business Model
  • [:sly:] Add a Season Pass to the game allowing us to download the content as it's released after having already paid for it.
  • [:boggled:] Add a Complete Version of the game with all content like the GOTY version.
  • [:ouch:] Have an Open Beta prior to the release of the game, on all platforms. (Technically yes if WMD2 counts.)
  • [:ouch:] Release a playable demo prior to the release of the game, on all platforms.

Last edited:
Thank you very much with this !!!
  • [:sly:] in-game tuning setup sharing/download possible
  • [:sly:] Damage interface: graphic and radio call. Damage is not a secret anymore.

i found some more from my questions in the QA thread.
  • [:ouch:] Play anywhere" Xbox one / Windows 10
  • [:ouch:] no multiplayer races with only ghost cars
  • [:confused:] own created offline Racing championships
  • [:sly:] new "aggression" slider in addition to the "difficulty" slider for the AI cars
  • [:boggled:] Create online teams with friends and change the driver in 1 car during an endurance race

Last edited:
I think you should include something about the Live Track 3.0. That is a feature unique to only Project CARS 2 that no other game has to offer.

I've seen this kind of thread before... ;)

Here's a few for Business Model:
  • [] Have an Open Beta prior to the release of the game, on all platforms.
  • [] Release a playable demo prior to the release of the game, on all platforms.

• [x] Allow the host of a lobby to add weight and reduce power to the cars based on previous success.
I'm nearly sure BoP (ballast and air restrictions at least) will be in...

I really hope with the custom championships mode (since you can hand-pick your opponents' cars), you can even name them and individually adjust their difficulty level.

[:ouch:] Class lights on cars. E.g. GTE
do you mean yellow headlights for GTE Cars?
No. I mean the lights on the side of a GTE car showing class position.
73-corvette-night.JPG

Really damn they went fa into this. However it is one of those FINALLY moments because this game would be great with a proper multiclass system.
Agreed. And the user creativity aspect would make for some enjoyable racing.

Hopefully it's used more in career like Regional GT series which run GT3 and GT4.

I just saw the release date is now official, so I was reading into pcar2...

"Mid race saves intended for Endurance Races."

No, seriously?? Un****ing believable. Only asked for around 10,000 times in pcars 1.

I just saw the release date is now official, so I was reading into pcar2...

"Mid race saves intended for Endurance Races."

No, seriously?? Un****ing believable. Only asked for around 10,000 times in pcars 1.
Nice first post. Yes, it has been requested about 10k times. As has many other things including an Offline Championship but there are reasons why they are not included. I'm pretty sure they were discussed recently on this or the official Project CARS forum but SMS have their reasons whether you agree with the outcome or not.

Nice first post. Yes, it has been requested about 10k times. As has many other things including an Offline Championship but there are reasons why they are not included. I'm pretty sure they were discussed recently on this or the official Project CARS forum but SMS have their reasons whether you agree with the outcome or not.

Thank you :D I just find this extremely irritating. No online seat swapping, and no on track save, something pretty much every other racing game has. So running the 24 Hours of Le Mans will require a relief tube and a 12 pack of energy drinks I guess. I'm not gonna lie, I'll buy the game anyways.

And a question: will the game support VR SLI?

Thank you :D I just find this extremely irritating. No online seat swapping, and no on track save, something pretty much every other racing game has. So running the 24 Hours of Le Mans will require a relief tube and a 12 pack of energy drinks I guess. I'm not gonna lie, I'll buy the game anyways.

And a question: will the game support VR SLI?
Online seat swapping is coming in a post-release patch based on last information.

Back