Project CARS 2 Will Look Great on PS4 Pro, But Even Better on Xbox One X

So your closing argument is that somehow Project CARS 2 looking better on the One X and not the PS4 Pro is a concern (for some reason) but that GT Sport on said console(s) — the only console(s) it will ever be available on — will look the best? That's a bit...anecdotal, wouldn't you say?

Good try at humor/sarcasm but I think you were too quick to get in your internet quips for gallery claps. Read again without premeditated bias toward your preferences & own personal experience.

My closing argument quite simply conveys that if SMS is outright saying they're lazy and only plan on this game looking "the best" on the XBONEX (which essentially he is, whilst SNE players are essentially being told to piss off) then yeah.... given the history of the heavily glitch ridden racing from ProjectC's, it would make sense for PS4/PRO owners to be reluctant before investing in this venture once more.

Glitch history + admitted hackneyed development for current upcoming release on SNE hardware = Buyer Beware. Clear enough? No?
:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Good try at humor/sarcasm but I think you were too quick to get in your internet quips for gallery claps. Read again without premeditated bias toward your preferences & own personal experience.

My closing argument quite simply conveys that if SMS is outright saying they're lazy and only plan on this game looking "the best" on the XBONEX (which essentially he is, whilst SNE players are essentially being told to piss off) then yeah.... given the history of the heavily glitch ridden racing from ProjectC's, it would make sense for PS4/PRO owners to be reluctant before investing in this venture once more.

Glitch history + admitted hackneyed development for current upcoming release on SNE hardware = Buyer Beware. Clear enough? No?
:gtplanet:
I think if SMS does not make the game run and look better on Xbox One X than on PS4 Pro, then you could call them lazy. Again, check the hardware specs, maybe it will shine a light on what you're not understanding.

... But I'm running scarce on storage space now on my XBox One with 500 GB Samsung T3 SSD. On the PS4 Pro I still got a lot of space left.

Not sure the Upgrade path on the Xbox, But on All of the PS4 platforms, you can Plug in an External HDD, format it for PS, and then use that as your New Storage for games.
I added a 4TB external USB drive, and it was just that simple. Plug it in, format it, change settings to use it as the default drive.

NOTE: the USB drive must be plugged in Directly to the USB port. You CAN NOT use a HUB. and Some HDD enclosures won't work, because they are seen as a HUB.
I'm using a Hot Swap Bay, and a full size 3.5 HDD.
The HDD is then Dedicated to The PS4.

I haven't tried Moving the HDD to a Different PS4 yet... Don't know if that will work or not...
I have 3 PS4's
So I'm wondering if I have the Game Loaded on the External HDD, and I plug it in to a Different PS4, but Sing in with my Same Account..
Will the Game on the External HDD be available?
or
Will the Other PS4 simply not recognize the Drive? The Drive might be Specific to only one PS4, the one it was formatted on..

You can add an external drive to an XBox as well, you cannot replace the internal drive though. And yeah it was extremely easy to add it as well.

I choose for an SSD (500 GB) mainly also for the speed, loading times for all racing games is significantly improved since loading data from the SSD is faster than loading from the slower internal HD. And with the XBox you can easily move games from internal <=> external so I put my active games on my SSD and the rest of my catalogue on the internal HD.

Maybe I should add a second one but then not SSD but just purely for the massive amount of storage (WD elements 3TB or something), just to keep those games on that I don't play so frequent but want to keep.

I also have a 150 GB / month data limit so redownloading everything and only keeping what I play at the moment is not really an option. I'm considering an unlimited data plan though since reading that FM7 for X1X is about 100 GB download isn't exactly making things easy. But unlimited is quite expensive here in Belgium.

You can add an external drive to an XBox as well, you cannot replace the internal drive though. And yeah it was extremely easy to add it as well.

I choose for an SSD (500 GB) mainly also for the speed, loading times for all racing games is significantly improved since loading data from the SSD is faster than loading from the slower internal HD. And with the XBox you can easily move games from internal <=> external so I put my active games on my SSD and the rest of my catalogue on the internal HD.

Maybe I should add a second one but then not SSD but just purely for the massive amount of storage (WD elements 3TB or something), just to keep those games on that I don't play so frequent but want to keep.

I also have a 150 GB / month data limit so redownloading everything and only keeping what I play at the moment is not really an option. I'm considering an unlimited data plan though since reading that FM7 for X1X is about 100 GB download isn't exactly making things easy. But unlimited is quite expensive here in Belgium.
Why not just get discs instead and save on storage space ? Usually, discs are cheaper aswell.

Why not just get discs instead and save on storage space ? Usually, discs are cheaper aswell.

True I used to be a disk-guy in the 90s and 00s but since I started using Steam on PC I prefer digital. I only have a handful of games on disk but I absolutely hate changing the disks... and the darn things get lost all the time in my messy living room. :) I prefer my disk drive to stay free for Blu-Rays and DVDs as I have a whole library of movies and series as well. And it's nice to have my entire gaming library together in 1 digital platform with all games connected to my account. Play Anywhere from select MS titles is nice bonus as well, used it a little with FH3 where my aging gaming PC isn't really capable of playing the game at the quality of my XBox, it is still good enough to quickly start up the game and check the auction house or other non-racing stuff like that.

True I used to be a disk-guy in the 90s and 00s but since I started using Steam on PC I prefer digital. I only have a handful of games on disk but I absolutely hate changing the disks... and the darn things get lost all the time in my messy living room. :) I prefer my disk drive to stay free for Blu-Rays and DVDs as I have a whole library of movies and series as well. And it's nice to have my entire gaming library together in 1 digital platform with all games connected to my account. Play Anywhere from select MS titles is nice bonus as well, used it a little with FH3 where my aging gaming PC isn't really capable of playing the game at the quality of my XBox, it is still good enough to quickly start up the game and check the auction house or other non-racing stuff like that.
Each to their own, i would like everything on 1 hd, but when we are only getting 1TB internal on xbox one x, i have to still get discs, the game install sizes are pretty hefty, let alone a download, so wouldnt have much space left after a few games. Must say, iam very surprised that we don't have any option on the size of the hd. Is the one x running a ssd internally do we know ? I would hope so if all we get is a mere 1TB.

I'm sure the internal drive is not SSD as that would increase the price quite a bit.

But yeah an option would have been nice.

"Why not just get discs instead and save on storage space ? Usually, discs are cheaper aswell."

This used to be the case last gen but no longer. You now have to install the entire game on your hard drive anyway, evenwith the disc. All the disc is anymore is an option to install games with/drm crap either without internet connection or if you have a really slow internet connection and dont have 2 days to wait for a 60+GB download to finish.

I am still a big fan of having phsyical media, and with best buy gamers unlock, you do get 20% off all new games, including games on day of release. But, all your doing is copyin all the data from your disc to hard drive, and then having to still insert your disc in order to play the game to "prove that you still own it" so you can still have access to it.

...I am still a big fan of having phsyical media, and with best buy gamers unlock, you do get 20% off all new games, including games on day of release. But, all your doing is copyin all the data from your disc to hard drive, and then having to still insert your disc in order to play the game to "prove that you still own it" so you can still have access to it.
But the game is still mine to play any time, on any PS4, with or without broadband or an internet connection at all, even after PSN for the PS4 goes offline. Or to loan it to a friend, sell it, etc.

One thing that does erode the value of physical copies is how games being launched "unfinished" and getting substantial improvements through day one updates and further updates that aren't on the disc.

But the game is still mine to play any time, on any PS4, with or without broadband or an internet connection at all, even after PSN for the PS4 goes offline. Or to loan it to a friend, sell it, etc.

One thing that does erode the value of physical copies is how games being launched "unfinished" and getting substantial improvements through day one updates and further updates that aren't on the disc.
Yes, i wasnt arguing against having phsyical media and even said i prefer it. My post was in response to a comment that said you use less space on your hard drive when you get the disc as oppose to the digital. Which is not true with this current gen. Not the pros or cons of phsyical vs digital.

Look how fantastic it looks on PS4 Pro. Now I'll have to buy a new "Kisses & Hugs" XBOX.

Oh, wait. "Hugs & Kisses". :D

I bought myself the Xbox One s about a month ago, now kinda thinking I should have waited for the Xbox One X but I was desperate to play Forza Horizon 3 after watching so many videos on YouTube, will Forza Motorsport 7 look as good as Horizon 3 on the One s, if it does then I will be happy.

Back