Project CARS 3 - Developer Blog #2 - Handling

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 57 comments
While I don't always agree with you @Scaff those are some really good points. I've been a big supporter of this game since its announcement, and no pit stops don't really bother me. Some of the stuff they added excites me more than the loss of pit stops, tire wear, etc. I AM disappointed in the cuts, but I'm ok with it. But that's because I don't generally do races with pit stops myself.

As for a demo, along with what Scaff said @CTznOfTime - Nathan Bell said no demo. But he did say about 3 weeks until we get a car list, which I'm anxiously awaiting!

That's what i'm waiting for the most.
DBvbJ4grTZuOgR3YyWCliXCZoBt2Z00uv-ku6xU_WJjlAt-UQ__2soT9vgMSjOBceQ0juEafcfVEgxkpiz19Mw

What we don't know is if these changes will be one step forwards and two steps back or two steps forward and one step back,
I see it more of stepping out in a different direction. :)

For me as a Forza fan, I doubt the car list is gonna come close to FM7, but I am anxiously waiting for the track list!

If they have Willow Springs, hope it's not the one from Shift 2 lol!

Yup, looks very much like Ambush Canyon to me.

The more info that comes out for this, I'm firmly convinced this is Shift 3. I keep saying they should just go with that name, but maybe they're trying to avoid the association with EA/sliding car handling, etc.

Man I loved Shift 1. The graphics and lighting were so good for the time, loved the visceral cockpit jostling too.

With all this extra physics going on, it begs the question will the Xbox still suffer the same wayward handling that PCARS2 does when running a high number of opponents, be it AI or human?

With all this extra physics going on, it begs the question will the Xbox still suffer the same wayward handling that PCARS2 does when running a high number of opponents, be it AI or human?

I guess it'll depend on if the AI run the same level of detail in the car physics. This is something ACC does and jts a huge power whore. For a smooth and entertaining game it would make sense to dial it back with the AI cars for a better experience but it depends on if thats possible within the engine.

I guess it'll depend on if the AI run the same level of detail in the car physics. This is something ACC does and jts a huge power whore. For a smooth and entertaining game it would make sense to dial it back with the AI cars for a better experience but it depends on if thats possible within the engine.
That would've been an ideal option in project cars 2, an option to choose between sim or simple.

Sim could be for online or if you're not that fussed & simple for beginners or if you wanted to drive through rivers like the AI do.

They did say they were being some game modes that long time fans have wanted.
That sounds very promising.

I'm definitely going to wait a week or two after release but I'm keeping an eye out.

They did say they were being some game modes that long time fans have wanted.
That sounds very promising.

I'm definitely going to wait a week or two after release but I'm keeping an eye out.

To be honest. I have no idea what could that be. Endurance is now out of option so for now we have one mode less.

That would've been an ideal option in project cars 2, an option to choose between sim or simple.

Sim could be for online or if you're not that fussed & simple for beginners or if you wanted to drive through rivers like the AI do.

It wouldn't make a difference to the player in terms of the playing so wouldn't have that effect. I mean it in literally just what physics algorithm the AI use while playing. Lots of games use a simplified ohysics system for the AI to free up processing power. ACC and PC2 run the AI on the same level of advancement in the physics as the player. So the same computing power required for the player car is required for all the cars.

I don’t know if this was even definitely the case for PC2 but would explain somethings. Its more evident with ACC and its lower framerate struggles.

Yeah PC2 does use simplified physics for the bots already. Supposedly it is "the same physics but lower detail" or something, but anybody who's watched them drive knows it's pretty wacky in some respects. And they obviously are on a much different tire model with a lot less going on.

Yep. The AI is using simplified physics and they are using the Brush Tire Model in Project Cars 2, which was the Tire Model used in Shift 2 and the one used in the first year or two of pCars 1 development.

acc ai using same physics as player has been a very questionable decision, and I have quite a good rig that runs it perfectly fine almost maxed out.

I cannot fathom what kind of cpu juggling did they make for the game to run on the current consoles.

I know it's been all doom and gloom regarding the 30 fps but you don't really notice it when racing
I'm sure coming from 60 to 30 is a big jump but it feels pretty quick when youre in a race

Feels faster in game than Pcars2

I know it's been all doom and gloom regarding the 30 fps but you don't really notice it when racing
I'm sure coming from 60 to 30 is a big jump but it feels pretty quick when youre in a race

Feels faster in game than Pcars2

Pretty much this ^ I enjoy ACC more than PCars 2 to be honest. And i love Pcars 2 ;)

Driveclub and PGR4 are still my favourite racers and both also run at 30fps. It doesn't matter as the game is good and you get quickly adapted to it if you're too used to 60. But from there to saying that no difference is felt between 30 and 60..., that's streching it a tad too much me thinks, as the difference to the eye is most obvious.

Since I got my wheel I've put quite some time into PCars so when I got ACC I was disappointed and even considered a refund
But now I think it's great, even with it's bugs.
I'll be racing n an upcoming ACC league but I still have a love for PCars2 so I'm racing in two leagues for that too.
Never thought I'd be getting the SIM bug, but I have

Back