Project CARS 3 Electric Pack DLC Teased With Mysterious Coded Achievement List

I'll throw in another guess at the circuit.

Maybe it's a sort of rhyming slang. Dressing Gown, Hampton Down(s). A good looking track and we could do with more from the southern hemisphere.

Last edited:
As for why it appeared in March, Steam uses the same platform for test builds and retail builds of a game, so in order to test the game on Steam you need to add the content to the store. It’s accessed through a separate branch that only specific Steam profiles can see.

As for why it appeared in March, Steam uses the same platform for test builds and retail builds of a game, so in order to test the game on Steam you need to add the content to the store. It’s accessed through a separate branch that only specific Steam profiles can see.
Any new info about gamepad steering? :D

Thanks PJ. Just been a while since it was first mentioned, so wanted to get people talking about it again.

Yeah, I did. But you look more agile I guess :D You care about all "EA" games very much which is good.
Don't forget that outside of DiRT Rally games I am merely a "player".

I may chip in sometimes or be aware of when certain announcements are happening, but I don't exactly get a crib sheet of every thing that gets changed or added as time goes on ;)

Besides, of the various issues the game has, I personally don't think controller handling is one of them. In fact, that seems to be the thing most people praise the most. I think you’re in the minority in considering it “broken” when in actuality what’s there is probably not to your liking.

If there was one thing I would like to see resolved, it's how the game struggles really hard in online lobbies on previous generation consoles; depending on what's happening "frames per second" can become "seconds per frame" and really spoil the experience for everyone. I imagine that's not an easy fix though; my hunch is that the CPU is getting slammed which explains why my Series X doesn't have the same trouble.

Last edited:
Don't forget that outside of DiRT Rally games I am merely a "player".

I may chip in sometimes or be aware of when certain announcements are happening, but I don't exactly get a crib sheet of every thing that gets changed or added as time goes on ;)

Besides, of the various issues the game has, I personally don't think controller handling is one of them. In fact, that seems to be the thing most people praise the most.

If there was one thing I would like to see resolved, it's how the game struggles really hard in online lobbies on previous generation consoles; depending on what's happening "frames per second" can become "seconds per frame" and really spoil the experience for everyone. I imagine that's not an easy fix though; my hunch is that the CPU is getting slammed which explains why my Series X doesn't have the same trouble.
I know, that's even better because you know the games pretty well.

Sometimes you have good info ;)

Yeah, they probably can't use gamepad too much. Unconfigurable gamepad? Come on, every CM game has some configuration. And CM doesn't do much sims. First fix is configuration and second would be possibility to remove any assist (mostly broken one) there. It's fine but as as a customer I maybe won't buy anything else if current game is still broken.

There is a lot of other stuff too, that's very sad. More optimistic variant is PC3 is this big fail because of covid. I can understand that but I am not sure if current situation is good enough to think next game will be playable. I played online few times on X1X and it was so bad I didn't try it again :D If it's still bad it's bad...

@Johnnn -- Honestly, man, I don't believe there is any unintended latency in the steering; it's not "broken". Your preferred steering is totally raw and crude -- a shortcircuit from the input device value directly to the steering value. From the developer's perspective, there is nothing to "fix", because compared to the steering PCARS3 has, your preferred style is like a regression. Unfinished.

Sims that offer the choice generally do so kind of by accident -- it is typically a side effect of offering configuration options that cover all types of input devices, including wheels, because it's a wheel's X axis that is expected to respond that way.

I am still 100% with you that it would be better to have the options we used to have. I made sure to allow for raw 1:1 input in the steering code in my own simulator...but aside from playtesting for understeer or with unusual maneuvers, the "assistance" I came up with is plainly more effective. I've implemented it on a slider, though, so the strength of the effect can be adjusted freely.

If SMS was going to reimplement the control options we had in PCARS2, I think they would have done so by now. It's a sure bet they're not going to invest into expanding the menu layout specifically for the sake of the option to revert analog stick input to raw input.

Last edited:
@Johnnn -- Honestly, man, I don't believe there is any unintended latency in the steering; it's not "broken". Your preferred steering is totally raw and crude -- a shortcircuit from the input device value directly to the steering value. From the developer's perspective, there is nothing to "fix", because compared to the steering PCARS3 has, your preferred style is like a regression. Unfinished.

Sims that offer the choice generally do so kind of by accident -- it is typically a side effect of offering configuration options that cover all types of input devices, including wheels, because it's a wheel's X axis that is expected to respond that way.

I am still 100% with you that it would be better to have the options we used to have. I made sure to allow for raw 1:1 input in the steering code in my own simulator (see my signature :) )...but aside from playtesting for understeer or with unusual maneuvers, the "assistance" I came up with is plainly more effective. I've implemented it on a slider, though, so the strength of the effect can be adjusted freely.

If SMS was going to reimplement the control options we had in PCARS2, I think they would have done so by now. It's a sure bet they're not going to invest into expanding the menu layout specifically for the sake of the option to revert analog stick input to raw input.
It's kind of broken. I can accommodate to "arcade" steering if it's good. For instance, Grid has very floaty steering but not completely bad. It's very far from raw input and still I can play it. PC3 has something "smart" in it and it doesn't work. Similar like Shift is broken. Still many people played it.

I play currently R3E and it has the best settings for gamepad from all games and it's not by an accident for sure. You have settings for gamepad and probably for KB too. You can use KB if all delays are configurable.

Exactly, this small change is enough for me. They just don't care which is clear signal. Unfiltered playing is rather hard. Usually you have at least some slow down of input like PC1 and PC2 had. Good games has slider like probably yours.

I don't like PC2 too much, PC1 would be much better. But you are right, they don't care. Good to know.

@Johnnn -- Don't get me wrong; I find the steering in PCARS3 to be a tad overbearing myself, and I don't intend to play it with the DS4 anymore now that I can opt for my G25. It is not ideal for everyone, by any means. It's just that, like I said, I don't think there's anything broken or unintended about it.

In short, it is an overcompensation from PCARS2, and their next game would be better off with another course correction, IMO, particularly if they still don't give players choices.

any news on this update and what it might have? I think Kunos say what to expect pre launch of updates and patches

Side question, does SMS do patches or only "patches" within updates?

Back