Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,132 comments
Is it normal for this game that when im oversteering, the game itself applies some amount of counter steering without my input?
All assists are of...
Yes. There are underlying assists that can't be turned off or altered.

I re-bought it on pc two weeks ago. I really enjoy it for what it is. Of course it is not AMS2, but it is certainly an enjoyable race game.

Note: I bought it with the Steam Deck in mind.

It's always ran real good and looked real good on PC. This game could have been a contender. I can look past the dumbed down physics. I could look past the car categories being lumped together. I could even look past the gamey sounds like the pinball machine sound when hitting a barrier. "Buuuurrrrrnnnnnkkkkkk". I don't even want to get into tires, fuel and pitting.

What get's me and really holds it back was two things basically. The career, lumping in "box breaking" with actual races is a no go. They made a mockery, a joke out of auto racing. I personally don't even think time trials should be lumped in either. Make a race structured career to move through the rank of the cars. Make box breaking and TT's something separate. They could have made this serious fun instead of joke fun.
The biggest thing that gets me when I play this though is the AI. The game/AI is revolved around making contact with other cars. If you don't, they'll run into you. The perpetual 4 wide on tracks where you have no other way around other than to bash through. Come on. You have car upgrades that work somewhat nicely, a reasonable economy system, nice tracks, nice cars, nice graphics (on PC), why did you make the racing reminiscent of WreckFest? 🤦‍♂️

Oh boy i download this game cause believe it or its the only consoles racing game that has the c8r and i really wanted to drive this car but the game is already doing what it did on the ps4 pro its freezing in the middle of the race. :banghead:

Last night try to buy the c8r but i couldn't finish a race cause it frozed 3 times

Man i must say i have been enjoying the day lights out of this game lately for the first timer since i bought it. :(

Already bought all the top cars that i wanted and im on level 22 and also not sure if the brake trick is known?

The brake trick you ask will if your farming for xp you can use one of the ovals set the laps to 30 and every 10 laps slow down your car to between 105 and 110 mph and your XP will jump big time this happens every time i try it at first i thought it was just a one time thing but no its not.

See here is a gif of one of the jumps

Last edited:
It depends on what you are looking for. There are no pitstops or tire wear so it more arcade. There's a lot of hate for this game and rightfully so. I enjoy it though.

worth getting this game today? i miss driving regular cars but i dont want to reinstall gt7
I can recommend it. It's not a successor to PC2 by any stretch of the imagination but it's a half-decent arcade racer if you look at it as a stand-alone game. I wouldn't pay full whack for it though. I got it in an XBox sale for £22.50 so I'm not disappointed.

Bought the game recently for dirt cheap as I got bored from GT7 and well I'm having a blast with it ! It's genuine fun to play

Quick question though as I could not find it while playing but can you change the colour of a car you're buying in the showroom ? And if yes, how to do so ?

Bought the game recently for dirt cheap as I got bored from GT7 and well I'm having a blast with it ! It's genuine fun to play

Quick question though as I could not find it while playing but can you change the colour of a car you're buying in the showroom ? And if yes, how to do so ?
You can change the color, design, add stickers, change rims and their color, change tyres and tyre stickers, etc. after buying the car in the garage. There is a handy not to overloaded livery editor to do it. There are also some premade designs and colours with every car when you don't want to be creative yourself.

Last edited:
Tried it, first impressions are really good.

It seems it has everything good from PCars games as an arcade package. Very polished. And most importantly, EVO guys did wonders with playability. Shame that physics team from Driveclub is dispersed now or making phishing games.

Last edited:
1672534722313.png

It's also a backstage pass to see the game being built and join in with direct discussions with developers and give feedback and vote on decisions. The original WMD predates Kickstarter and Steam Early Access if memory serves correct.

Been playing for a while now. As a racing videogame, it's the best PCars by a mile and undoubtedly one of the best arcade racers ever made.

Everything works. Great AI, fast and competitive. Phenomenal pad control and physics. All that goodness from PCars: delightful track and car list, joyful sound engine. Party trick is how well polished the career mode is and the game in general, much better than previous iterations. It just lacks a custom championship mode to be perfect or introduce that more usual racing experience in the career mode. Surely the performance in PS4 is awful, but I do not care one bit.

I consider Driveclub to be the best arcade playability ever made. Thing is, it doesn't make up for the dull offline part of the game (really poor AI) and PCars3 is way better in that regard.

I was a bit shocked when I fired it up yesterday to find there was an update to PC3! It's unusual to patch what is seemingly an unsupported game. It was only a small download but it's now at version 1.13

On PlayStation it says the usual "Bug fixes"

But on Xbox I believe it says...
Fixed game crashing issues.
Added various network connection improvements.
Added performance and stability improvements.
Gameplay adjustments added.
Other minor under the hood fixes.

Sort of interesting since there isn't really a SMS anymore.

Yes, it dropped on the week and I'm having another go in the Series X. I have to say it performs fine in both graphic modes (although they remain inverted, since prioritize framerate seems to be the better looking one @ 60 fps), with no hitches/screen tearing so far. It was never going to win a beauty contest, but it is ok now.

Last edited:
I was a bit shocked when I fired it up yesterday to find there was an update to PC3! It's unusual to patch what is seemingly an unsupported game. It was only a small download but it's now at version 1.13

On PlayStation it says the usual "Bug fixes"

But on Xbox I believe it says...
Fixed game crashing issues.
Added various network connection improvements.
Added performance and stability improvements.
Gameplay adjustments added.
Other minor under the hood fixes.

Sort of interesting since there isn't really a SMS anymore.
The main reason for the update was to point the multiplayer servers to a new server/host after an IT migration. If you somehow delayed patching you wouldn't be able to access any online services in the game as the previous host is no longer accessible.

Dear PC3, I may have judged you too harshly at first. After all, you arrived in a non-optimal state and your creator abandoned you, but now, on the Series X, you have become my daily racer of choice and you will be the standard to which I will compare the reboot of Forza Motorsports.

Did they do anything else with this update? I ask because a couple of FR cars that have driven lately seem very tail happy under braking and under acceleration. I fix the acceleration featgering the throttle coming out of curves. Maybe it is just me. Need to try some other cars too and see if I can repeat this

I feel like the AI has been adjusted to be a little bit less aggressive somehow, if I race on street circuits I'm not battling three wide through every corner anymore, they're a bit more single file. Which personally I think is an improvement.

I feel like the AI has been adjusted to be a little bit less aggressive somehow, if I race on street circuits I'm not battling three wide through every corner anymore, they're a bit more single file. Which personally I think is an improvement.
Is there any truth to this? That was one of my downfalls of racing in PC3. The AI going 3-4 wide around the track and the only way to pass them is to blast through them creating unnecessary contact. I'll have to fire this up again if that's the case.

Back