Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,132 comments
Just did my first wet race and it was fine for me. ACC is way worse compared I don't play acc either whilst it is in its current state but this is fine imo. The odd frame drop doesn't really get noticed by me but constant makes me feel motion sick
On PC or console? And if on PC, in VR or 2D?
I probably haven't left enough overhead for wet/night races, but 16-car races on dry days were smooth. Maybe I need to reduce some settings to accommodate but I was very surprised just how badly night and wet affected performance, especially when combined.

On PC or console? And if on PC, in VR or 2D?
I probably haven't left enough overhead for wet/night races, but 16-car races on dry days were smooth. Maybe I need to reduce some settings to accommodate but I was very surprised just how badly night and wet affected performance, especially when combined.
Sadly only xbox one x. So jealous of pc and vr! I bet that is amazing

I did upgraded to my car, but how or where I can change brake balance when i'm in driving event on the track?

@jammy21

Step 1: Go to garage
Step 2: Choose car (menu pop ups, go to upgrades, upgrade brakes to (performance, track, or motorsport) - brake balance opens up
Step 3: Go into a race or event and from the race menu choose TUNING and purchase a tuning menu for 100credits
Step 4: In the tuning slot, you adjust the following (brakes/chassis/tyres, suspension, springs/dampers, gearing/differential)

Hope this helps

Last edited:
No, the Classes are head scratching. almost as many negative responses as no pits. In a touring car you can race a 66 Mustang, 2002 BMW and Skyline for example or something like that. In other groups you can find a Fusion Stockar?

Yeah For me it is even bigger problem then no pit-stops and simplified driving model. I just hate that kind of thing.

I would even prefer removing all odd cars entirely from the game than ruining good race. This is why i think GRID 2019 is better.

Yeah this game looks like a complete dud, way too simplified. They have missed an opportunity by not pioneering cross platform play in the racing genre too. I suspect the community for this game will die off very quick, especially on consoles.

Grids slidey and fast! I have to admit I really like Grid.
I do not dislike it (and I bought it cheap :D) and I love many things about it (graphics, style, livery customization, tracks no other games have) but I will not say its better until I have played PC3.

I do not dislike it (and I bought it cheap :D) and I love many things about it (graphics, style, livery customization, tracks no other games have) but I will not say its better until I have played PC3.
To me they both play quite similar and I find it loads of fun. I could happily chop and swap between grid and PC3 all day long. I am definitely a bit of a filthy casual racer. But I do think that for consoles these games work well.

I’ve put about 7 hours into the game so far and I’m really enjoying it. It does have the “SMS jank” we’ve all come to know and love by now but aside from that, this feels like Driveclub’s slightly off-beat brother. The handling and pad physics are absolutely brilliant and mastering them will take a good chunk of time. Rivals mode will be a nice recurring host of events to go back to.

Voiced my feelings on Twitter the other day too. Quite frankly I see no sim value in the game at all (and thus, the Fanatec remains exclusively for use in ACC and iRacing) but once that shock wears off, there’s a nice racer in here.

I’ve put about 7 hours into the game so far and I’m really enjoying it. It does have the “SMS jank” we’ve all come to know and love by now but aside from that, this feels like Driveclub’s slightly off-beat brother. The handling and pad physics are absolutely brilliant and mastering them will take a good chunk of time. Rivals mode will be a nice recurring host of events to go back to.

Voiced my feelings on Twitter the other day too. Quite frankly I see no sim value in the game at all (and thus, the Fanatec remains exclusively for use in ACC and iRacing) but once that shock wears off, there’s a nice racer in here.

After almost two days with it I share the exact same opinion. It's a shame that its general reception is being soured by the use of a sim franchise's name, but honestly I feel it's a really competent GT/Forza competitor.

They have missed an opportunity by not pioneering cross platform play in the racing genre too.

Exactly! At the very least cross platform lap leaderboards or something. I was hoping the Codemasters purchase would give them the opportunity to tack this on.

I think that's the one that contained the IGN poll asking if you support this new direction with this game and it was running 71% no 28% yes as of last night.
If only they’d listen to what is actually constructive criticism and vital marketing feedback, maybe they’ll pull things round for pc4.

Anyone know which car is best for the Pace Setter on Snetterton called The 200 Triple?

I've been trying for ages in the GR Supra and I'm certain it's more down to the car than my own ability - every other Pace Setter has been a breeze but this one I can barely manage a 1:14.5, let alone a 1:13 average.

EDIT: Never mind, I've upgraded my Evo 6 TME to the top of D class and driving aggressively with that one is giving me WAY better times.

Last edited:
For those of you knowledgeable about the cars in PC3; could you tell me which cars are specifically GT3 and which cars are specifically GT4. I want this game to by my controller friendly/more user friendly version of Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Thank you

Anyone know which car is best for the Pace Setter on Snetterton called The 200 Triple?

I've been trying for ages in the GR Supra and I'm certain it's more down to the car than my own ability - every other Pace Setter has been a breeze but this one I can barely manage a 1:14.5, let alone a 1:13 average.

EDIT: Never mind, I've upgraded my Evo 6 TME to the top of D class and driving aggressively with that one is giving me WAY better times.

The Pace Setters drive me crazy; specifically on the more narrow tracks. You have to be aggressive, but the vehicles drifting pulls me off the track nullifying my laps in the most inopportune times.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spot on man! I've been playing racing games for over 25 years - both arcade and hard core sim stuff, and I gotta say... I'm having a blast with PCARS 3 so far! For what IT ACTUALLY IS and what it is TRYING TO DO, I think they've done a great job! Pad handling is sublime and car and track list are strong too! So far loving it, can't wait to see what DLC they bring out next.

I think the major hate is a product of the naming unfortunately. PCARS is a brand that people expect a certain level of simulation from now and not having that here is pissing a LOT of people off. Go in expecting a new experience, and I think you wont be disappointed at all!

Wheel users: How does handling/feel/ffb compare to GTS/FM7 with assists off?
I've seen claims ranging from on par with PC2 to worse than Shift, so not sure who to trust....
If it's at least on par with GTS/FM7 I'll give it a shot.

I'll be using a T300/CSR Elites on PC, if that matters.

Ske
Wheel users: How does handling/feel/ffb compare to GTS/FM7 with assists off?
I've seen claims ranging from on par with PC2 to worse than Shift, so not sure who to trust....
If it's at least on par with GTS/FM7 I'll give it a shot.

I'll be using a T300/CSR Elites on PC, if that matters.
I find it similar to forza. I have most of the assist off depending on what car I am in. I would rate the ffb better than gt sport which I personally find very lacking.

I'm soo confused now, a majority of people on YouTube that I follow say the FFB is vague an mushy compared to PC2, however there are some people on the official forum that are loving and praising it, like polar opposites...

Maybe I should wait till more updates/patches are out and a sale before picking up and trying myself

I'm soo confused now, a majority of people on YouTube that I follow say the FFB is vague an mushy compared to PC2, however there are some people on the official forum that are loving and praising it, like polar opposites...

Maybe I should wait till more updates/patches are out and a sale before picking up and trying myself
The ffb to me is not nearly as detailed and alive like project cars 1 or 2. I find it more like gt sport or grid. I have clocked several thousand miles on pc 2 on both ps4 and xbox so I think I am pretty familiar with how that feels.

I will add that project cars 1 especially and then 2 have so many more settings and sliders for ffb I can't see how I could get it feeling like my old settings

Last edited:
I'm enjoying the game immensely on pad, but after trying the FFB on my t300, I gotta say the FFB is miles better than I would have imagined after seeing a lot of negativity on the game. For me, the FFB is much better than Pcars 2 or GT sport, and I liked the FFB in PCars 2 a lot.

A shame about there being no tire wear/fuel usage/pitstops, but I can see what they're going for, which is short bursts of curated races to get you into and out of the action quickly, ala Driveclub. With that being said, I'm enjoying the game very much

For those of you knowledgeable about the cars in PC3; could you tell me which cars are specifically GT3 and which cars are specifically GT4. I want this game to by my controller friendly/more user friendly version of Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Thank you

Since it is mostly copy pasted, check here or here. Almost all new cars out of any category, with exception may be to Alpine.

Back