Project CARS 3: General Discussion Thread - Out August 28th, 2020 on XB1/PS4/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 5,132 comments
Considering the fact that GRID exists (and is quite fun in its own terms), I resent a bit that people are quick to throw PC3 into the "arcade" category. It's true that the game is simplified from PC2, but it still has depth. Try to throw the cars around like in GRID and you won't make it pass the 1st corner of practically all the tracks in PC3.
For me Pcars 3 went from 100% simulator, to the Forza/Gran Turismo category. It is definitely not like GRID.

It is quite fun, but for me career mode feels a little bit dull. Maybe when i will unlock more cars it will be more interesting.

Is it just me or AI with Aggressiveness on medium is definitely too agressive? They punch me like in Wreckfest. I will play it on low probably.

Is it just me or AI with Aggressiveness on medium is definitely too agressive?
Much like in PC2 the AI performance and abilities can vary between car categories. A couple of race restarts and a bit of adjustment can often help to get a better race.

Early career races are very short and frantic so exaggerate any aggressive behaviour. They can get better behaved as you increase the skill level but in a short race you don't want them to be too fast so finding a balance isn't so easy.

I usually run longer custom races where, after adjustment, I find the AI generally well behaved and quite competitive.

Steam depots show SMS are testing an update of sorts, where this is content or general fixes who knows,
Interesting! We'll have to wait and see what transpires.

Do you like PC1 better than PC2?
I've not installed PC2 yet. I was still enjoying PC1 when PC3 went on sale, which I bought and played because it was significantly different (I'd also recently completed the platinum for Shift 1, so I knew what I was getting into). There are still a few more categories I'd like to finish up before I move on to PC2.

I have to say this game is a lot more fun than I expected. Better than other games like Dirt 5, and 2019 Grid. It is an excellent arcade racer. More like a mix of the first Grid and GT5.

To me the main fault is the name. It is not at all like the first two games so keeping the same name makes no sense. It would probably been more successful if it was called some thing else, at least I think so. 'Slightly mad Racing' - Made by Project Cars team, or something, I don't know.

Will project cars 3 scratch my itch for a driveclub 2 type game? I loved driveclub due to the sense of speed, beauty, sound and the racing, although arcade, was really fun.

Will project cars 3 scratch my itch for a driveclub 2 type game? I loved driveclub due to the sense of speed, beauty, sound and the racing, although arcade, was really fun.
It does have some similarities to Drive club. Each race has three objectives, such as; reach target speed, stay in top ten for the whole of race, get X number of overtakes in the first lap etc.. And the racing can be fun at times. However, it is not the prettiest game out there, and the audio leaves a lot to be desired.

If it is similar to DriveClub I might be in especially since the deluxe edition is on sale on the PS store

kjb
If it is similar to DriveClub I might be in especially since the deluxe edition is on sale on the PS store
The game is fantastic if you take it for what it is. On the surface it looks like an arcade game because it doesn't have pit stops it doesn't have real tire wear and strategies.

However, the handling is terrific and I think the game looks beautiful but I have it on a PS5. The sounds are above average but not as good as ACC.

I can't compare it to the other game you're referring to but I can tell you that it plays FANTASTICALLY with a controller.

I shelved the game fairly quickly because I lean more toward Sim racing games. But, I had two weeks where my wheel was out of commission and I was wanting to play a racing game and PC3 was the natural choice. I had as much fun as I could have

Last edited:
I am trying really hard to enjoy this but... i can't... I feel like I am playing mobile game in this. To be honest, even if i take it for more arcade game i still enjoy GRID 2019 much more than PCars 3. Career mode is really bland in my opinion.

I am trying really hard to enjoy this but... i can't... I feel like I am playing mobile game in this. To be honest, even if i take it for more arcade game i still enjoy GRID 2019 much more than PCars 3. Career mode is really bland in my opinion.
For the short time that I did play the game, I did not care for the career mode. I like career modes that are just about race weekends but this one had too many silly objectives.

I mostly just did short 10 lap races at my favorite tracks with my favorite cars.

PC2 is my favorite console racer. Right now, I'm really liking F1 2021 on PS5

For the short time that I did play the game, I did not care for the career mode. I like career modes that are just about race weekends but this one had too many silly objectives.

I mostly just did short 10 lap races at my favorite tracks with my favorite cars.

PC2 is my favorite console racer. Right now, I'm really liking F1 2021 on PS5
yeah i did like some races in custom race, but still it has less options than PC2 so i don't see the point. The only reason too launch this instead of PC2 is some cars that i don't have there (like Aventador SVJ)

I am thinking I am going to try to buy it. I just have to figure out when. I want to but AC and Project Cars 2 Deluxe. I figure if I get the deluxe version it will much cheaper than trying to get all of DLC for Project Cars 2. I think after I get these I will have enough racing games for now.

Just bought the game today after hearing all the criticism surrounding it for a year.

Glad to say that i'm enjoying it, it's not a Project Cars game at all like the last two but it seems like this is what i wanted from Grid 2019.

Since this career mode seems more "friendly" i feel like i will play it for a while.

In custom race there's no way of choosing a car without those of your garage and have a go in any track?

Last edited:
In custom race there's no way of choosing a car without those of your garage and have a go in any track?
Yes. Just go into the Vehicle category and press square to toggle between Owned Vehicles and Loan Vehicles, then go to the Track category and pick your track. It's a great feature!

And yeah, I got this game on sale a while back and it's well worth it. I've had many hours of fun with it :)

Yes. Just go into the Vehicle category and press square to toggle between Owned Vehicles and Loan Vehicles, then go to the Track category and pick your track. It's a great feature!

And yeah, I got this game on sale a while back and it's well worth it. I've had many hours of fun with it :)
Tnks, in PC2 i didn't play the career at all because all i was doing was picking a track and a favorite car and just do some laps and take some photos.

Had some fun doing the rivals event in 488gt3.

And just like PC2 in the right conditions the game is beautiful!

Last edited:
Held off on purchasing Project Cars 3 initially because of all the negative reviews. Recently purchased it on sale and I don’t regret it one bit. Don’t have much time these days to use my wheel setup so I have been using the Dualsense recently. Feels great on the controller and the Rivals mode is a blast. Haven’t touched much of the career mode. I mainly use it to hot lap different cars around the various tracks and its very satisfying. If you enjoyed Grid Autosport and Driveclub, Project Cars 3 is a must buy.

Bought this today in the PSN sale. It's not what I'd call a SIM but I knew that already anyway. It's sort of in the GTS league when it comes to realism, and I can report that it does have competent controller support.

Found what I think is a bug. During a race around Sugo I made a mistake leading on to the straight. The AI cars didn't pass me properly but ghosted though my car. Has anyone else had this happen?

Found what I think is a bug. During a race around Sugo I made a mistake leading on to the straight. The AI cars didn't pass me properly but ghosted though my car. Has anyone else had this happen?
That is by design. You make a mistake and that results in you not being able to drive fast. The AI cars are not punished for your fault.

I see PC3 Deluxe version is on sale again $23 on the US PSStore. It is very tempting to me. i think it comes with all of the DLC.

Right now it is between PC3 Deluxe Edition , Ghost of Tsushima DLC or Dynasty Warriors 9 complete edition. Not sure what I want to do at the moment

So after months of vasilating I finally bought PC3 Deluxe version on sale from the PS Store. I must say I haven't played much but I have enjoyed it. It does give me some Drive Club vibes. Once I figured off my settings and which assist to turn off it was fun. I love the Havana track it is different enough from PC2 that I can play them both and enjoy them both.

So I have had PC3 for a week and it feels so much like Drive Club it is crazy. I think the track they have in the UK in road e career reminded me so much of one of the races in Drive Club. I have played them back to back I think the handling in PC3 is much better. The Ai in this game is a little erratic especially when you turn up the aggressiveness I feel like every AI is trying to t bone me. Other that I have enjoyed the game so far. I do wish they at least gave you the option to have tire wear, pit stops and fuel. Oh well it is what it is. Also I noticed the customization isn't as deep as I thought it was initially but that is okay

Last edited:
Back