Project CARS 3 Launch Confirmed for August 28

As i thought. It will be more like original GRID style. Which is good.

Yeah similar to the new Grid as well. That has tonnes of options minus the wheels and tyres. F1 2020 is like this too, ACC has pretty good level of livery editing for multiplayer in this style.

Pretty exciting! I wonder if it will be like the new Grid where there's real world inspired liveries to edit.

Yeah similar to the new Grid as well. That has tonnes of options minus the wheels and tyres. F1 2020 is like this too, ACC has pretty good level of livery editing for multiplayer in this style.

Pretty exciting! I wonder if it will be like the new Grid where there's real world inspired liveries to edit.

Yeah me too. It was problem in PCars 2 that some cars had only one or two liveries. Now there is more variety.

Rushed? The game must have, at least, 1.5-2 years of dev time, which is what a typical AAA racing game has. By no means is that rushed, especially if, as they say, they didn't intend to launch it on next-gen anyway.

I follow this industry long enough to know that it is very unusual to announce a high profile title so late in its dev cycle. August is also a rather unusual time to release such game. There is simply not enough time for marketing with such a sudden release. This is what you expect from budget games. Hope this wont look and play like one.

I follow this industry long enough to know that it is very unusual to announce a high profile title so late in its dev cycle. August is also a rather unusual time to release such game. There is simply not enough time for marketing with such a sudden release. This is what you expect from budget games. Hope this wont look and play like one.

Depends on how you want to market it. Do you want to slowly trickle information or go all out with a constant stream of information? Passive or aggressive marketing?

I don't see two months of marketing to be bad, as it can avoid frustration of the long wait and keep the game in people's minds with constant, more substantial updates.

Maybe with some examples I could see where you're coming from.

it is very unusual to announce a high profile title so late in its dev cycle. August is also a rather unusual time to release such game.
Perhaps they had planned things differently, but you know... coronavirus. And they probably want to get it out early to stop it getting lost in the usual end of year game releases - and this year with the PS5 release, even more so.

Its had over 3 years of continuous development. Theres very little about this thats budget. Look at the last game launches, loads of time to launch, massive build up, huge expectations, can only result in disappointment for a lot of people because the hype is huge and stays there for years. This seems like a sensible way to do it, short sharp marketing campaign, build it up quickly and then launch it to fanfare.

Let's not forget as well the marketing trial could have been shorter had Sony not inadvertently shown it too early.

When do you guys think will start seeing gameplay videos being release?

Does anyone remember when we started to see gameplay videos with pcars 2?

When do you guys think will start seeing gameplay videos being release?

Does anyone remember when we started to see gameplay videos with pcars 2?

To be fair gsmeplay videos for pC2 were out well over a year in advance iirc due to the openish, pay to play beta nature.

I imagine from a Codemasters marketing perspective they'll wait until after F1 2020 launches before giving the go ahead to go hard.

I wonder if this will be the last Project Cars game and whether the team will be integrated into the rest of Codies after this. If so, it would explain why the announcement and release is within such a short timeframe.

Quietly excited for Project Cars 3, hoping they haven't lost licenses in regards to Lamborghini, Ferrari etc. and even better have added the likes of Bugatti and Koenisegg.

whether the team will be integrated into the rest of Codies after this
There might be some integration but I wouldn't have thought it would be complete. SMS haven't just been about pcars, they have other projects too. There's also a commercial side that work with companies outside of the gaming world.

And the game was, unofficially, announced sometime back (before Christmas?) and has probably been in development for quite some time before that. It's just the official announcement that's been recent. And as I mentioned above, this year hasn't been the best for sticking to schedules. So it's not exactly rushed. ;)

Quietly excited for Project Cars 3, hoping they haven't lost licenses in regards to Lamborghini, Ferrari etc. and even better have added the likes of Bugatti and Koenisegg.

Agreed - I also hope for Maserati, Alfa Romeo and Lola - a huge amount could be done to strengthen the historic classes with those three!

I agree to a point. Later they would have put out against Forza Motorsport 8 I dont think it would do well as far as Pc and Xbox sales. I hope it turns out good. We need a good Shift type game on Ps4. I hated Grid physics.

With so many games coming up with new proposals still on ps4, supposedly at the end of its life, i am hopeful that a GT7 Prologue will still appear :bowdown:

With so many games coming up with new proposals still on ps4, supposedly at the end of its life, i am hopeful that a GT7 Prologue will still appear :bowdown:

I don't understand the thinking behind this? why would you want a prologue of gt7 rather then the full game coming out?

A prologue of gt7 to me is like pd saying please forgive us but gt7 may take 10 years to come out so here's a prologue.

I understand a demo yes but a prologue is the first sign of a major delay.

Last edited:
SHift was good for the FD, RX-8 and NC MX-5. Hopefully, there are more Mazdas in this game.

As for customisation, seems similar to Shift. A selection of tyre brand choices is great.

I don't understand the thinking behind this? why would you want a prologue of gt7 rather then the full game coming out?

A prologue of gt7 to me is like pd saying please forgive us but gt7 may take 10 years to come out so here's a prologue.

I understand a demo yes but a prologue is the first sign of a major delay.

My comment was more like a joke. For ps4 i just want updates that look more like they have been discontinued.

My comment was more like a joke. For ps4 i just want updates that look more like they have been discontinued.

Joke understood but I am pretty sure Kaz once said that there would not be another GT Prologue as they had new vision and would not go down the prologue route again.

Back