Project cars DLC

• Thread starter SK8RBOI
  • 6,095 comments
How can we tell it's the 2016 Fusion? Last pic of it I saw, it had gauges, making it the 2014 car.

The grill has changed for the Fusions this year.

The 2015 car.

21motorcraft-fordpr.jpg

The 2016 car.

original

The new digital display were just made mandatory for 2016 so SMS couldn't have known about the change beforehand.

The easy thing about the Fusions..the headlamps and grills etc. are just stickers, so that's a super easy change for PCars (though I'm curious how many people will complain "oh man the headlights and grills just look like stickers, they didn't bother to model them!") :D

Yeah, it's a huge joke.

Tube chassis full-on race cars with gigantic V8s...with fibreglass bodies. They slap stickers on them and call them street cars, including the Toyota Camry for a while (a V6 economy front wheel drive economy car).

Now, they may have some microscopic 5% relation to the road car (maybe the wheel bases, or something?) but as a whole, not related at all in any way to street cars. Oddly, NASCAR began as a form of touring car racing based off booze-smugglers cars. It then became more touring-esque with cars based off of showroom muscle cars. Now it's absolutely nothing related to normal cars.

People are still die-hard Ford or Chevy fans...even though there isn't much to those claims now. They'd be better off watching Continental Sportscar Challenge where they actually raced Mustangs and Camaros against each other etc.

The popularity of NASCAR is not so much in the actual racing. It's popular in the South among country people because all of the engineering centers are based down there and the majority of drivers are from the South. The attraction to the events is far more 250,000 people getting together to get drunk for three days in their trailers - and occasionally a motorsport event breaks out.

There are a heapload of people who spend the entire season driving their motorhomes around, following the series, sometimes too drunk to actually watch the race. That being said there are some actual motorsports fans who follow it - but it's popularity is not due to the hardcore racing fans. It's more of a life-style thing.

When a NASCAR race shows up to a city in the South people stop working, shops shut down, the whole week is tailored to the race. It's ingrained very much in the culture down here. The atmosphere is tremendously different from an Indy Car race, or a Rolex Sportscar race. Not to say one is worse or better ---- but NASCAR is its own animal.

Will Daytona be coming along with the new cars?

That would be sweet along with Indianapolis and the infield tracks for both courses. Epic :bowdown:
But I think there is a programmatic problem with ovals in project cars.

:boggled:Not sure if SMS can produce a proper oval without serious performance issues.
Or so I think. Can anyone confirm or deny? :confused:

Yeah, it's a huge joke.

Not sure how the cars not being related to the road apart from stickers, A-pillers and fascia is a "Joke" when a certain series in Germany also has race cars not at all related to the cars they are based on apart from name and aesthetics.

Yeah, it's a huge joke.

Tube chassis full-on race cars with gigantic V8s...with fibreglass bodies. They slap stickers on them and call them street cars, including the Toyota Camry for a while (a V6 economy front wheel drive economy car).

Now, they may have some microscopic 5% relation to the road car (maybe the wheel bases, or something?) but as a whole, not related at all in any way to street cars. Oddly, NASCAR began as a form of touring car racing based off booze-smugglers cars. It then became more touring-esque with cars based off of showroom muscle cars. Now it's absolutely nothing related to normal cars.

People are still die-hard Ford or Chevy fans...even though there isn't much to those claims now. They'd be better off watching Continental Sportscar Challenge where they actually raced Mustangs and Camaros against each other etc.

The popularity of NASCAR is not so much in the actual racing. It's popular in the South among country people because all of the engineering centers are based down there and the majority of drivers are from the South. The attraction to the events is far more 250,000 people getting together to get drunk for three days in their trailers - and occasionally a motorsport event breaks out.

There are a heapload of people who spend the entire season driving their motorhomes around, following the series, sometimes too drunk to actually watch the race. That being said there are some actual motorsports fans who follow it - but it's popularity is not due to the hardcore racing fans. It's more of a life-style thing.

When a NASCAR race shows up to a city in the South people stop working, shops shut down, the whole week is tailored to the race. It's ingrained very much in the culture down here. The atmosphere is tremendously different from an Indy Car race, or a Rolex Sportscar race. Not to say one is worse or better ---- but NASCAR is its own animal.
Wow,your kidding right? It's popular in the south among "Country People". That should go over well with my buddies from Carolina.Uhm, Kyle and Kurt Bush are from Las Vegas, Kevin Harvick is from Bakersfield, Joey Logano is from Middletown, Connecticut, Jimmy Johnson is from El Cajon, California,should I continue on were drivers are from? Have you actually been to a race? Whole cities shut down for a week,laughable at best.

Not sure how the cars not being related to the road apart from stickers, A-pillers and fascia is a "Joke" when a certain series in Germany also has race cars not at all related to the cars they are based on apart from name and aesthetics.

Yes, DTM is also a joke if you try to convince anyone that the cars are in any way shape or form related to the street cars. The point is, why even advertise it as a certain car when it's a full-on race car? That is a joke of linking it to the road car. DTM is probably further from the street car than a NASCAR one is. Now, I'm sure it doesn't hurt the occasional sale "Well, the M6 is in the DTM...", but it is downright silly to affiliate such a race car with its streetcar counterpoint.

Yeah, sorry they're not fibreglass...though by now I would have thought they'd be carbon fibre or something similar. I guess the amount of hitting they do it must all still be metal. The fact is it's not a street car turned race car. It's a purpose built race car with zero to do with the road car.

EDIT: Actually I'm curious for the die-hard NASCAR fans, what is the majority of the bodywork on the cars now? They were all sheet metal I think the last time I saw one up close. Have they gone to any fancy stuff now? Is there carbon fibre involved the cars heavily now?

PS: I think a closer similarity to NASCAR would probably be Aussie V8 supercars. Those are barely the street cars by the time they're racing - do they still cut 8-10" out of the rear seat area when making the cars, or are the new cars of tomorrow based on the street car bodies?

Last edited:
Um...yes. I have. I've also lived in Charlotte for a decade, and been to a number of the workshops, and raceways. So. Yes.

It's funny you say this given the amount of outright lies in your previous post.

1) The bodies are made with 24 gauge steel
2) The wheelbase for every NASCAR Sprint Cup car is set at 110 inches.
3) The towns don't "shut down" as you claim. If anything, alot of the businesses are open more to take advantage of the increase in tourists.

Your opinion (and that's all it is, certainly isn't a fact) of the NASCAR 'lifestyle' as you called it is hilariously stereotypical. True there are alot of drunks at the race, but there are also alot of drunks at sportscar races (Daytona 24). And the crowd is always packed with people wearing the info headsets, wanting to stay informed about as much of the race as possible.

Seems to me like your post was nothing more than an excuse to bash the south.

Last edited:
You realize I'm from the South right? Been to plenty of races. What part of my post bashed the South?

If you find it offensive, tough. The reality is that a large portion of the NASCAR culture is very akin to tailgating to football games, with less attention paid to the game than to beer and food (not that's there's anything wrong with that). NASCAR more than any other motorsport in the U.S. is a "lifestyle", a full culture of its own. You have plenty of folks who like the racing, and plenty of others who are just along for the ride. It's a reason you get absurdly huge crowds (in the 200K+ size) that you no longer get at Indy Car races, Sportscar races etc. Even if 50% are actively engaged in watching the race, it's still huge business, and a gigantic crowd.

Charlotte does shut down when the race rolls in. To be fair, not Charlotte proper since the track is a good 20 miles from downtown Charlotte - but the Concord/University area does. Well half of it shuts down, the rest converts into supporting NASCAR. You can't do anything within 10 miles of the track because all of the roads turn toward/away the track depending on the event time. If you live in Charlotte around Lowes you don't bother leaving the house/apartment unless you're going to the track.

Downtown Charlotte converts over to their...whatever they call it when the downtown area is cordoned off for race festivities (Speed...something, Speed Street?). A lot of businesses shut down so that their employees can attend the race. It's a big "get out of work" card and becomes its own small holiday. Obviously anybody selling parking spaces, food, or hotels is in full swing.

Short of the motorsports weekends around street circuits and the big endurances races, motorsports is relatively small potatoes by comparison with NASCAR events. There is a reason it's big money though I think it's popularity has been waxing/waning a bit the past 5-6 years.

PS: Since you're the renowned expert - is there any impact that the street car has on the proper NASCAR at this point in the sport? Does it affect any component directly, or is it just stickers?

Edited for calmer heads prevailing.

Last edited:
I'm not coming in here to anger anyone or piss on NASCAR fans. Short of the fibreglass typo (typing too fast for my own good) I'm just stating what I've encountered and seen having lived in one of NASCAR's hubs for a long time.

I don't dislike NASCAR, but I don't follow it. What I've said may come along as callous, but just stating what I've seen/encountered. You can call me a lying bigot all you want - no offense taken. Nothing I've said is just made up out of thin air. It's all what I've experienced numerous times.

I'm still in the Charlotte area, but no longer get involved in the race weekend (different location). Even in SC where I do most of my business NASCAR is freakin' huge. These days I'm more likely to run into dirt track stuff than speedway stuff.

And a public apology to wildly careening the DLC thread off. 88Fox, if you ever come down to Lowes Motor Speedway I'll buy you an ironic beer. If I can make it through the traffic.

No dog in this fight, but it should be said NASCARs have a fair amount of carbon fiber in them. The hood, trunk, interior dash, seat and many other small parts are made with carbon fiber.

And they don't have real headlights or taillights for safety reasons.

Also keep your eye out on the PC buggers getting to drive the new DLC cars early on Youtube......
Not going to be particularly happy watching somebody else drive my bright yellow baby before i do.... but i can't resist not watching either :sly:

The next thing is said in the oficial forum of the game...

"Nothing cracking actually, SMS knew about us checking the usual location (GUI and custom livery folder) and seem to stopped leaving stuff behind."

Really nothing new this month, not a single new content even when you crack open the files. Found updated pictures of all February DLC cars and the upcoming AMG GT3:

aWApRFf.jpg

3aimcxJ.jpg

hSRNVKl.jpg

rOELi4U.jpg

GuGzDiO.jpg

5dIuaB6.jpg

Back