Project CARS - Logitech Wheels NOT Supported on PS4

• Thread starter biffdiver
  • 2,132 comments
United States
Louisiana, USA
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but......

Looks like Logitech G27, G25, & DFGT NOT likely to be supported on PS4.

Project CARS announced official controllers for PS4 and Logitech is not on the PS4 list. Given that Project CARS extensive wheel support list for PC, I really believe that if it could have been possible, Logitech would have made the list for PS4.

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/beyond-reality-wheels-pedals-controllers

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/beyond-reality.html

Hard to believe we'll have to spend more than what the console costs to get a decent sim setup. About double if you want the clutch and shifter.

I've got a G27 and while not unexpected, I'm not too happy. What was a no brainer decision to upgrade to PS4 may now become a XBone purchase as its pricing in Australia is pretty sharp and Forza 6 has really got my attention.

You realise that Logitech wheels won't work on XBone either right?
Yes, of course. I'm simply saying it muddies the waters if I'm going to have to buy a new wheel to play either console. Once my PS+ subscription lapses there's really nothing holding me to the playstation ecosystem.

XBone will be cheaper and possibly have a better range of racing games, that's all I'm saying.

Bit gutted myself, was hoping that DFGT wheel would work, hopefully like they mentioned the list is still unfinished, will this put me off buying Project cars ? No still one of my most anticipated racing games ever.

It is up to Logitech to deliver. I think they don't really care because they stopped making wheels some months ago. Some time sho they said they were working on support. I don't believe that anymore.

Every one on the WMD forums and the devs are trying there best to get it supported as the most common wheels are the g25/g27.
SMS understand the importance but they can only apply light pressure. It up to Logitech and fanatec to release the the driver for ps4.

My guess is, that Logitech (in fact, Logitech still manufactures the G27 and DFGT - new packages and serial numbers in 2013) and Fanatec are trying to avoid costs, 'cause I'm pretty sure that Sony will charge them for implementing signed code (in form of a driver here) on their PS4.

Fanatec did it before (avoid costs) by taking outdated G25 drivers to make their wheels work (in form of G25 emulation, poor poor..) on PS3.

This time it seems not so easy for them to get their wheels working on PS4 and of course XBOXone with no investment at all; both, Sony and M$ has already and obviously signed contracts with Thrustmaster as well as SMS did.

But I'm confident that the final support list will contain at least Logitech devices, 'cause everybody knows these are by far the most commen low priced sim hardware periphals around and already installed.

There will be an epic s**tstorm over Logitech and probably Fanatec as well, if they will fail to deliver support for their wheels.

Last edited:
Simple, no PS4 nor Xbone for me.
And yes there is that note "that the list is not final", but i guess if there would have been a true effort from Sony/ wheel manufacturers, they would have known it was in the works more than half a year after the new consoles got released and the wheels would have made the list.

Looking forward to building a pc come 2015 and giving them all the middle finger.

Logitech CEO CEO Bracken P. Darrell announced last year that they they were out of the console peripheral.

"We have also identified a number of product categories that no longer fit with our current strategic direction," ..............."we plan to discontinue other non-strategic products, such as speaker docks and console gaming peripherals, by the end of Calendar Year 2013."

I had always hoped this applied to new products and their popular racing wheels would at least get driver updates on PS4, but Logitech has been eerily quiet about driver updates.

IMO, as popular as the G27/G25 & DFGT have been for years, Logitech's absence from the "initial" list has the ring of impending doom for us Logitech owners.

Thanks for that, I was just about to suggest something like this. It's certainly more proactive than complaining about the current state of affairs and who knows may just make a difference. We as consumers are the ones who actually generate profit for companies like Sony, Logitech, Fanatec, Thrustmaster & game developers. And let's face it generating profit is the bottom line for these companies.

Also I think it would be useful if people who are not affected by this should sign the petition anyway, my own Logitech wheel has died and am planning to get a Thrustmaster, but I signed anyway. The more the merrier right.

Last edited:
This shows the greedy sleaze balls that are Sony and Microsoft. They do the sleaziest of things (charge ridiculous prices for companies to work with their console, pretend lots of wheels will be supported, force us to pay $400-$500 for the console and have hardly any games in the first 6months, have to pay for Playstation Now (so another buffoon doesn't read this wrong: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Now ) instead of being free, drop the xbox one price to $400 after many people payed $500 a few months ago, force you to pay $50 just to play online (aka playstation plus)

Last edited:
Yes, it's an absolute disgrace that people have to PAY for a Playstation... :odd:
I think he's pointing out to "Playstation Plus" service which is a must have to play online against others (F2P titles aside) on PS4.

Anyway, this whole "whichever already purchased hardware is compatible!?" discussion plus the secretiveness of manufacturers and game developers makes me sick.
Same issues we had with the 300$ e.g. Turtle Beach headsets (wow, patched now - great Sony, great!) and will show up with pricy Arcade Sticks as well (I don't give a 🤬 about whether my beloved HORI RAP V3-SA kai has a share button or not and therefore isn't supported out of the box on PS4 - yes, USB connection isn't enough these days).
The cash cow runs folks, you better run...:rolleyes:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but......

Looks like Logitech G27, G25, & DFGT NOT likely to be supported on PS4.

Project CARS announced official controllers for PS4 and Logitech is not on the PS4 list. Given that Project CARS extensive wheel support list for PC, I really believe that if it could have been possible, Logitech would have made the list for PS4.

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/beyond-reality-wheels-pedals-controllers

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/beyond-reality.html

Hard to believe we'll have to spend more than what the console costs to get a decent sim setup. About double if you want the clutch and shifter.

Was this a surprise to anyone? I thought it was well known by now that Logitech wouldn't be supported on the PS4.

Back