Project CARS Online Multiplayer Features (Update: Response from Ian Bell)

Discussion in 'Project CARS 1' started by Markeeez18, May 24, 2015.

1. martinezlj

martinezlj

Ability to create tournaments/championships. Points, a set of races, etc.

McKiernan, Markeeez18 and VBR like this.
  2. the_D_

the_D_

Again, like GT6, say you join whilst a race is being run, a little screen (click to enlarge of course) to watch the race while you wait.
    Rfactor 1/2 has this too, a necessary and less boring feature I think.

3. Markeeez18

Markeeez18

Added guys :tup:

the_D_ likes this.
  4. David Talle

David Talle

More rules like: mandatory pit stops, tyre/tuning restrictions...

5. priesty_lfc

priesty_lfc

Basically you want GT6 lobby system with 1 or 2 extra options, you and me both! :)

And you can join friends on PS4 but I think they need to be in a party, if there not then it doesn't give you the join option.

Saying that you should not need to do that via the PS4 OS system the game itself should let you do it!

6. David Talle

David Talle

No you don't need to be in Party. If you can't join either the lobby is full, the race started or the lobby is set to private (to be confirmed for the last one).

And yes I want at least the options I had in GT6 because now you absolutely cannot set tight rules and must rely on each other's good faith and trust to comply with regulations you've set in a series (for instance).

VBR likes this.
  7. HBR-Roadhog

HBR-Roadhog

I disagree with adding tuning restrictions. Its not like the game allows you to add a powerful turbo or strip a few hundred pounds of weight off the car. IMO the result of restricted tuning would basically be to give an advantage to those who can not tune while penalizing those who are used to having their car setup a certain way.

I can kind of see it for spec racing but even then I do not totally agree with it unless at least some things are allowed to be tuned, anti roll bars, brake bias and brake pressure should always be allowed as should any real assists that may be present on the car.

Smuttysy, copes24 and McKiernan like this.
  8. David Talle

David Talle

I never said total restriction.
    And why wouldn't you want an option as long as it is an option. It's like a toolbox, the more tools you have the more different things you can do. And in certain cases you may want to restrain certain settings (gearbox or air restrictor or fuel load for instance).
    And that doesn't mean it's locked on stock neither.

That's what I meant by "tuning restrictions". :tup:

9. Adrenaline

Adrenaline

The ability to mute people beyond the lobby. Like in practice, qualifying, etc.

10. David Talle

David Talle

You can while you're in your box (via "multiplayer lobby" where you have the player list). Don't remember if it possible during the race though.

11. cotijuba

cotijuba

Perfect!

12. HBR-Roadhog

HBR-Roadhog

That is not as bad as what I was picturing. One of my major issues with restrictions at this point is the lack of available online games on any given server. It is hard enough to find a race without them being restricted to the point that I don't want to run in them. Of course if they opened it up to where you could see lobbies from more than one server and some more search features it would not be a big deal at all.

David Talle likes this.
  13. Markeeez18

Markeeez18

Added :)

David Talle likes this.
  14. TT92

TT92 Premium

Here's another idea that my crew and I tried in GT6 but would be nice to have as an option.

Handicap races where there is a staggered start and you can set the handicap times when a person starts. That is, enter any car, set a qualifying time and then have it adjusted for a staggered handicap start. Whether the game is smart enough to do the calculations itself or the host has to enter them either way it would be nice. But you need the feature that when some one 'foxes' during qualifying you penalise him for the next race.

Further, having the real life feature that they use in British Touring Car championships, you win a race you have 25kgs added to your weight. And you keep having weight added until you don't win anymore.

Just some added bonus features that would nice to have the game do rather than rely on "gentlemen's agreements" ;-)

These two suggestions are 'bonus" features I would like to see available down the track, the ones that are already listed are ones I would like to see implemented immediately.

VBR likes this.
  15. Lusitano

Lusitano

Just some highlights...

- "Adjustable count down timer
    so the host can adjust the length of time when the event finishes after the winner has crossed the line."
    -NO.
    Many people use this to "cheat", while first group cars pass trough finish line, may people that come back just get a DQ, and move out from the server. Many time because some a**h**e f*k the race behind. And make last people lose
    deliberately. The time must be fixed for all.

Wheel or controller only rooms or both is a good idea that I miss too.

Lobby names, must be show inside of server host too.

Host can kick players direclty without vote. A must have!

Mandatory pitstop option, yes!

Have the option of having maps previously selected in our server rotation.

David Talle likes this.
  16. Pichon617

Pichon617

You nailed everything bro great job

Markeeez18 likes this.
  17. Finnstar

Finnstar

great list! I would also like the host to have the option to save multiplayer lobby setups

18. Markeeez18

Markeeez18

Thanks guys :) also added yours Finnstar

19. Markeeez18

Markeeez18

Just added a little bit more to the Lobby name section - The class of racing needs to be more specific, e.g. Instead of the lobby displaying Open Wheel, they should add what class of open wheel is it e.g. Formula A/B/C/Rookie as you don't know what class it is which is frustrating as FA is bit to full on for me, much prefer FB/C, you don't know what it is until you join.

Also the liveries you choose in your garage stays the same when you go online and does not revert back to 'Random'.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  20. TT92

TT92 Premium

We nearly forgot one of the most important ones.

Able to chose your own race number online. 0-99 at least but it would be nice to have 0-999. I mean really, even GT6 lets you do this on PS3 ;-)

Further to this when you initially set your preferences up when you first load the game it asks you for your nationality and preferred racing number BUT nowhere I have seen so far is this used.

VBR and Markeeez18 like this.
  21. diesel97

diesel97

The Twitter feed will have it sometimes, but not that big of a deal

22. Markeeez18

Markeeez18

That's a good shout :) I'd also like this feature, added :)

23. VBR

VBR Premium

Cannot believe that this isn't in the game already, what an oversight!

:boggled:

24. Markeeez18

Markeeez18

Another one could be custom liveries for console versions which could be used online, but am I right in thinking you can make custom liveries on the PC version but not allowed to use them online? Only Solo mode?

25. LVracerGT

LVracerGT

I've asked this question multiple times and still haven't got a solid answer. Can you perform driver swaps online with another person? I.E league endurance races.

26. McKiernan

McKiernan Premium

Nope I don't believe so.

27. FLX1981

FLX1981

No. And its not coming in the near future afaik.

28. SK8RBOI

SK8RBOI

Really the lobby's need to be more like GT6! You would hab thought that they would take whatever there competition is doing better then them and learn from it! But no... They would do it worse.

priesty_lfc and Markeeez18 like this.
  29. LVracerGT

LVracerGT

Wow really? That's not good. A lot of people I know were really looking forward to online driver swaps for team based league races. iRacing, even rFactor 1 had driver swaps. This needs to be added ASAP!!!!

30. Markeeez18

Markeeez18

I do believe project cars will grow and grow with every month but just needs time, I'd still rather have the game now so we can actually play it than wait another year for it to be completely finished with all the features us fans want, we know lots are coming like pitstop crews, Indycar etc etc so were see what happens.

I'm happy that most of the developers at SMS are interacting with all the fans on their official forum and listening to everything we've got to say, never seen this before on a game and think more developers should follow suit.