Project CARS Revolution is "200% Better Already" Than Project CARS 2

I still haven't milked out that many gaming hours out of 1 and 2, and 3 is on the horizon? Wow.. I hope SMS really take their time with this one because I want the physics and car audio to blow everything else clean out of the water.

Haven't they partnered with Codies? I wonder if they will borrow their insights on PCARs-R or future projects only. Because Codies' influence on a PCARS game would really be the cherry on top.

Can't wait - this stuff better run nicely on One-X :D

They got bought by Codies, pCARS is one of Codemasters franchise now.

I still haven't milked out that many gaming hours out of 1 and 2, and 3 is on the horizon? Wow.. I hope SMS really take their time with this one because I want the physics and car audio to blow everything else clean out of the water.

Haven't they partnered with Codies? I wonder if they will borrow their insights on PCARs-R or future projects only. Because Codies' influence on a PCARS game would really be the cherry on top.

Can't wait - this stuff better run nicely on One-X :D
I don't for a moment imagine PC3/R will be produced for current gen consoles.

I don't for a moment imagine PC3/R will be produced for current gen consoles.

Hmm, that would be a mistake then on their part, a huge one. I don't imagine everybody's going to rush out to get an X series Xbox, especially those who have recently picked up a One-X.

Well, there's still plenty of great racing titles on the current gen Xbox One.

Wasn't there another racing game coming out on consoles called GTR3 or something? I wonder if its ever coming to consoles.

Hmm, that would be a mistake then on their part, a huge one. I don't imagine everybody's going to rush out to get an X series Xbox, especially those who have recently picked up a One-X.

Well, there's still plenty of great racing titles on the current gen Xbox One.

Wasn't there another racing game coming out on consoles called GTR3 or something? I wonder if its ever coming to consoles.

Considering how the standard consoles are not powerful enough to run the game properly then it would be completely illogical to release the next game on current-gen consoles considering it will be an even more demanding game

Considering how the standard consoles are not powerful enough to run the game properly then it would be completely illogical to release the next game on current-gen consoles considering it will be an even more demanding game

Oh it's going to be demanding like anything, you bet. And I think you might be right, sadly.

Oh it's going to be demanding like anything, you bet. And I think you might be right, sadly.

Honestly, it's probably for the best that they don't, they got quite a bit of backlash over it with PCars 2 and I've seen quite a few people put off by it entirely

it will be an even more demanding game

Oh it's going to be demanding like anything, you bet.

I've no doubt it will. But there is a tendency among software developers who create their games primarily on/for PC to let the increased oomph of top notch gaming rigs compensate for the extra features they add and also perhaps for a lack of optimised code. So when transferred over to a console, or even run on a lesser PC, the systems struggle to run it as intended. They should really cater for the majority first and then work upwards from there.

Perhaps, if they intend to have a console release, developers should start with those platforms in mind. The optimised code needed to run smoothly on console would also benefit the more powerful number crunchers when scaled up (perhaps with added features).

Games written exclusively for consoles even taking into account their limitations can appear to look and run brilliantly.

I've no doubt it will. But there is a tendency among software developers who create their games primarily on/for PC to let the increased oomph of top notch gaming rigs compensate for the extra features they add and also perhaps for a lack of optimised code. So when transferred over to a console, or even run on a lesser PC, the systems struggle to run it as intended. They should really cater for the majority first and then work upwards from there.

Perhaps, if they intend to have a console release, developers should start with those platforms in mind. The optimised code needed to run smoothly on console would also benefit the more powerful number crunchers when scaled up (perhaps with added features).

Games written exclusively for consoles even taking into account their limitations can appear to look and run brilliantly.
Yeah, I'm not convinced everything PCARS2 tried to do was maximally optimized, or that it couldn't have achieved the same driving experience with some shortcuts on some of its more costly simulations.

As incredibly detailed as PCARS2 is, its fundamental handling behavior doesn't exactly break new ground among sims. Although I'd say it's among the best, the sims I consider to be its peers are more than a few years old, playable on old hardware.

I think games like PCARS and AC will continue to be made around PC, just like Forza is made around the Xbox (just read about the never-ending issues PC users face even on really high-end systems).

I also believe that they don't want the Xbox to edge ahead in terms of "the platform to have for realistic racing games" and will probably keep people focused on PC/Steam to get the best simulation experience. Plus, MS may be running a monopoly where they don't want any other racing game running better on the Xbox other than Forza.

Yeah, I'm not convinced everything PCARS2 tried to do was maximally optimized, or that it couldn't have achieved the same driving experience with some shortcuts on some of its more costly simulations.

As incredibly detailed as PCARS2 is, its fundamental handling behavior doesn't exactly break new ground among sims. Although I'd say it's among the best, the sims I consider to be its peers are more than a few years old, playable on old hardware.

Well put Wolfe. They could have definitely squeezed a lot more HP out of the Xbox One-X - I mean just look at how seamlessly it runs both FM7 and FH4 at 60 fps, granted the physics model isn't anywhere as complex. Given my experience with PC and console over the last 3+ decades, I believe they could have done so much more to make the game run flawlessly on One-X and PS4 Pro. But as always, industry red tape and politics get in the way.

I might be wrong here but I thougt that PC2 sold the most copy's on PS4, also I think that on consoles they have a better edge than on PC considering the competition. Therefore I would think it's wise to optimize the game for the consoles.

At least on the standard PS4 the game struggles with more than 16 cars on track and in some weather conditions regardless of the amount of cars.

But of all of this comes back to bringing out a well rounded and polished game with the necessary new tracks, cars and features.

Hopefully MS and Sony both go with support for enhancement of existing PS4 games when running on PS5. Whilst we wait for PCR it would be nice to see PC2 running at say native UHD on PS5 upscaled to 8K UHD.

I think it was a difficult balancing act for SMS. They had to try to compete with Gran Turismo graphics while doing dynamic time of day, dynamic track, dynamic weather and presumably running a more demanding physics engine.

I think it was a difficult balancing act for SMS. They had to try to compete with Gran Turismo graphics while doing dynamic time of day, dynamic track, dynamic weather and presumably running a more demanding physics engine.

I don't think they were trying to compete with Gran Turismo, but agree it was a difficult balancing act.

Back