Project CARS Revolution is "200% Better Already" Than Project CARS 2

They're not making a new PCARS every day? Lame. Worse than GTR3. :lol::lol::lol:

It has to include all the features, be ready by tomorrow and be played on anything from Gameboy Advance to a high end F1 sim. And it has to include all the cars and tracks.

the 2 on ps4 is ugly, I do not play anymore because it hurts my eyes, so I often put the first is fluid and beautiful, I will not do project cars 2 and 3, I will have preferred DLC on the first opus which is ben nicer ... add circuit, cars etc
if the 3 is nice and nice, and it includes the content of 1 and 2, see more, it will be fine ... I'm skeptical about driving, but impatient, curious ...

the 2 on ps4 is ugly, I do not play anymore because it hurts my eyes, so I often put the first is fluid and beautiful, I will not do project cars 2 and 3, I will have preferred DLC on the first opus which is ben nicer ... add circuit, cars etc
if the 3 is nice and nice, and it includes the content of 1 and 2, see more, it will be fine ... I'm skeptical about driving, but impatient, curious ...
Yes I've always said the anti aliasing is very bad on base PS4, and after playing F1 2019 for a while then going back to pCARS it looked really jaggedy.
Still, I had great fun with it since it released and am eagerly awaiting the next one. I just hope it performs better.

I was like that at first but then i realize that i enjoy driving my p1 gtr more then caring about how the game looks 👍

I hope it will be adapted for the pS4, and the joysticks too :)

I think we have discussed this a few times but I hope it wont be, despite the fact that I'm not sure how fast I'll buy a PS5. The PS4 will limit the game too much, or they would have to produce a 'slim version' of the game but I doubt that's a good idea.

On the graphics department I think the game looks good but I have to admit that I don't care too much about graphics. Have to say though that sometimes details load in a bit late mostly when there are too many other things to process ( the amount of cars, the trackside objects etc ).

Ya, PS4 or PS5 or even just consoles in general for that matter are just constraints in the production of these racing titles.
pCARS2 looks great on my PC. It performs just fine on my PC. It even feels better on my PC.
On my PS4 PRO, screen tearing, jaggies, something a tad off/different with the physics.

I mean, Gran Turismo Sport can't even have dynamic time and weather due to them trying to make a more impressive graphical display all while being held to the constraints and compromise the console dealt them.
AC on PS4 was dumbed down obviously as well but still fun. Not like the modded version though.

I like that they can add a dumbed down version though so that people can try it out on the consoles they already have. My opinion, if you want to get into SIM racing, start plotting out the PC you want to build and build it if you want the best experience. Controllers? What's a controller?

Ya, PS4 or PS5 or even just consoles in general for that matter are just constraints in the production of these racing titles.

How do you know the PS5 constraints games like project cars when the specs for the ps5 haven't even been reveal or the ps5 itself?

Controllers? What's a controller?

I dont no my experience with pcars 2 has been pretty good with a controller, in fact i'm still using my controller setting from two years ago,

Well, every console up to this point has been underpowered to it's PC counter part. Why? Because kids and kids parents aren't going to spend $1200 dollars on a console. Consoles need to be priced around the $500 dollar mark or the sales will drop. Something needs to give, usually performance.

It was cool in the PS3 era where the PS3 became like this "entertainment center". You listened to music on it, watched movies. Now we've passed the needs of a gaming console to do these things as just about all devices do this kind of thing now. If we had to spend exorbitant amounts of money just for a console to play exclusive titles, sales would drop dramatically.

I don't plan on buying a PS5 just so I can play Gran Turismo. Again, only my opinion, but GTS is a mess. Unless somehow they can get it together for a GT7, that's the last of my interests. Especially with what you have for (actual) SIM options on PC.

There's an argument to be made that consoles are not the best platform for a cutting-edge racing sim hoping to push the envelope with a demanding simulation and high-fidelity visuals, but that does not at all preclude the viability of racing sims on consoles. A racing game can be realistic and fun without overworking the hardware.

Overextension is the problem, not consoles. And PD and SMS are two good examples of developers who have demonstrated a tendency to overextend themselves.

pCARS2 looks great on my PC. It performs just fine on my PC. It even feels better on my PC.
On my PS4 PRO, screen tearing, jaggies, something a tad off/different with the physics.

I mean, Gran Turismo Sport can't even have dynamic time and weather due to them trying to make a more impressive graphical display all while being held to the constraints and compromise the console dealt them.
AC on PS4 was dumbed down obviously as well but still fun. Not like the modded version though.

I like that they can add a dumbed down version though so that people can try it out on the consoles they already have. My opinion, if you want to get into SIM racing, start plotting out the PC you want to build and build it if you want the best experience. Controllers? What's a controller?

So what you are basically saying is that I should spend about 2000 Euros initially to get into sim racing. And then lets add another 250 a year to keep my hardware up to date. Only for a piece of hardware to sim race on because I want to play my other games on PS4 with my friends.

Unfortunately not everybody is in the position to do that and I will just stick with my PS4 and controller, although the latter part may change soon. And I am perfectly happy with the sim experience so far and with the competitiveness I can get out of my controller.

Don't want to sound to offended or agressive but I get a bit tired of everybody dismissing controller players on consoles as not that into racing.

So what you are basically saying is that I should spend about 2000 Euros initially to get into sim racing. And then lets add another 250 a year to keep my hardware up to date. Only for a piece of hardware to sim race on because I want to play my other games on PS4 with my friends.

Unfortunately not everybody is in the position to do that and I will just stick with my PS4 and controller, although the latter part may change soon. And I am perfectly happy with the sim experience so far and with the competitiveness I can get out of my controller.

Don't want to sound to offended or agressive but I get a bit tired of everybody dismissing controller players on consoles as not that into racing.

Ahh but do you have a racing-sim controller, Blob? You're clearly not a sim racer without one!

(I jest, of course, but found the below image online and thought this would be a good place to post it. Needless to say, I definitely want one!)

Screenshot_20190919_205358_com.instagram.android.png

I like to add that also not everyone likes gaming on pc, i bought a gaming laptop that can easily run pcars 2 close to max setting but yet i choose to play pc2 on my ps4 pro in fact i barely even game on my laptop and that's what i bought the damn thing for :lol:

I just like the easiness of console gaming.

I like to add that also not everyone likes gaming on pc, i bought a gaming laptop that can easily run pcars 2 close to max setting but yet i choose to play pc2 on my ps4 pro in fact i barely even game on my laptop and that's what i bought the damn thing for :lol:

100 percent agree

I have the PS4 Pro and my game looks beautiful, at least, beautiful enough for ME to still be in love with it 2 years after release

I have no interest in getting a PC just to play a racing game. I fully expect the next version of this game to be even more amazing because PS5 is going to be a major power house machine

Not to mention that the PC lifetime will considerably lower if you decide to do constant heavy gaming there.

Contributing to the PC vs Console side of this discussion, I was exclusively on console for years.
The only reason was money, my refusal of the entry price and lack of motivation to save.

What pushed me into finally moving to PC was my 67 year old full motion 1440/4K sim racing neighbor.
I had an hour long PC2 race on his rig, came home to PC2 on my PS4. :(

A few years on now I’ve not only
had a much better sim racing experience on PC, but I’ve gained another hobby with building them.

I can’t describe how godly you feel the first time you build a PC and see that bios screen come up.
I jumped around and screamed in the kitchen like an idiot, my wife said WTF are you okay?

Still can’t afford that motion rig, but I’m going to tell you if you consider yourself more than just a couch racer, you deserve to at least have a look.

I can build a G4560/1050ti console beating PC today for $350.

Are we up to 500% better yet, Ian?

A quick way to get to 200% would be to add more Corvettes!

GTD - a C1 - early model, Blue Flame Six powered - (compete in game with the 1952 Merc 300 SL)
GTC - a C1 - maybe a replica of the class winning 1960 Le Mans car - 4 headlight, 290 hp, 283 cubic Inch, fuel injection model (compete in game with the Ferrari 250 GT).
GTA - a C2 - to compete with the 1966 Mustang (probably a 327 Coupe).
GTA - a C3 350 - to compete with the V12 E Type Jaguar (its natural competitor and also winner of SCCA B Production Class).
Group 5 - a Wide Body 7 litre model - perhaps a Greenwood le Mans Replica.

A quick way to get to 200% would be to add more Corvettes!

GTD - a C1 - early model, Blue Flame Six powered - (compete in game with the 1952 Merc 300 SL)
GTC - a C1 - maybe a replica of the class winning 1960 Le Mans car - 4 headlight, 290 hp, 283 cubic Inch, fuel injection model (compete in game with the Ferrari 250 GT).
GTA - a C2 - to compete with the 1966 Mustang (probably a 327 Coupe).
GTA - a C3 350 - to compete with the V12 E Type Jaguar (its natural competitor and also winner of SCCA B Production Class).
Group 5 - a Wide Body 7 litre model - perhaps a Greenwood le Mans Replica.

Are you kidding!? That's at least 400% right there! :lol:

(But I also would LOVE it!) :cheers:

I still haven't milked out that many gaming hours out of 1 and 2, and 3 is on the horizon? Wow.. I hope SMS really take their time with this one because I want the physics and car audio to blow everything else clean out of the water.

Haven't they partnered with Codies? I wonder if they will borrow their insights on PCARs-R or future projects only. Because Codies' influence on a PCARS game would really be the cherry on top.

Can't wait - this stuff better run nicely on One-X :D

Back