Project CARS Series UI Ideas

United Kingdom
Southampton
RacingAtHome
Since we had a discussion regarding UI design with some ideas shown in the DLC thread, I've decided to create a thread for you to create anything you like. Whether it be Graphical UI Designs, Component Designs or whatever else, showcase it here. Feel free to explain your own design choices as well. All skills, abilities and experiences are welcome here.

Another inspiration for this was the old "GT7 Interface Fan Art" thread. Feel free to have a look there for some ideas.

Below, I've created an implementation for a new style Competitive Racing License.
Project CARS 2 CRL Idea Average Driver.png
Project CARS 2 CRL Idea Good Driver.png

Note: The green license title is supposed to be green. That was a mistake. Not a design decision.
Project CARS 2 CRL Idea Weak Driver.png

My inspirations for this design were the original and the MSA Racing License. I did like the additional privileges and the logos on the original as they give a more official outlook. However, I was unable to find the SMS-R and the Driver Network logos so I swapped the Driver Network logo with a Project CARS Esports logo instead.

The MSA inspiration came from the main header 'Project CARS 2 Competition Driver' which made the license appear to be a license more than the original Project CARS one. The information on the bottom is from the same license with instead of Rating and Country, that shows License Number, Date of Birth and Expiration Date which I think is not useful information for a racing license in a game. The license qualifications shown in the good and average driver is also inspired by the qualification on the MSA license. As gaming is International, I feel it was more suitable to keep everyone as "International" as opposed to National or Regional.

I did like the background for the Project CARS 2 license but my skills are too limited to implement that. I feel it would give a more professional and aesthetic look. The colours for each license were an idea to instantly distinguish between an experienced and rated racer and an Unrated racer with Santa Fernotcci.

Feel free to comment on mine and other's designs. This is for fun. Not a competition to become a GUI Designer. ;)

Last edited:
Back