Project Cars vs Gran Turismo Sport

Project Cars has a lot of things that I wish GT had. The variable weather, the track evolution, tyre model, tyre pressures, and the extensive amount of tuning options (particularly on race cars) make it a more realistic experience. It's as close as I'll ever get to real racing and that's why I've been playing it extensively. GT Sport is more fun but less involving in comparison. I'm not saying that's a bad thing because sometimes I just want to get in and play without stuffing around in the tuning screen for hours.

If I had to count how many races I've finished in GT Sport versus Project CARS 1 & 2 due to how much better GT is on a controller, it wouldn't even be a contest. Physics, dynamic stuff and more varied content is great and all but when it comes to actually being able to effectively use that stuff, PC2 just isn't there for controller players. For that reason, GT will always be above PC2 for me.

(yes I have a wheel, no it's a G25 and doesn't work on the PS4, thanks.)

Good point about people having played both. Pc2 is still very playable with a controller. Much more so than PC1 but maybe not as good as GTS.

I actually kept going back to PCars 1 because it was easier for me on controller, probably due to less physics going on I think. PCars 2 is a bit more sensitive but obviously still very playable. I did a 2 lap full Nordschlefe with 10 AI with a controller and it was great.
Now I've got a wheel PC 2 has come alive for me. I'm quicker than my controller benchmarks, it's not twitchy, cold tyres don't chuck me off the track straight away.
Forza 7 feels awful with the wheel so far, that's better with a gamepad.
I'm not throwing the controller under a bus just cos I've got a wheel, it's still very useable as a load of top times show. It's just my personal experience.

As for damage, I've just joined an online Xbox racing lobby and last night inevitably had a crash, someone span in front, honest but!
The aftermath was me limping to retirement with the steering at 45 degrees just to keep straight.
You don't get that in Forza or GTS.

Que @Mr Grumpy
Just had a look through your PC2 to GT replica liveries @MisterWaffles, very nice. 👍

Thank you. If there’s one thing PC2 has going for it, it’s that all of the pre-made fictional liveries in the game are really good. I’ve had to take some creative liberties because not every decal is available to me, but I tried to get them as close as possible.

Another thing I wanted to say about PC2 is that I’d totally get a foldable playseat and drive hub and hook up my G25 to my PS4, but I’m saving up for a new computer right now after my last one broke so I don’t have any disposable income really. I know that would help a lot with my enjoyment of the game but it’s not feasible at the moment for me to be spending hundreds of dollars more for a setup when I need a new pc and the PS5 is incoming. For that reason GT Sport will remain my most played.

6 - Tracks - Yes. lol. If you want to drive on real life circuits, PC2. All of them were laser scanned, so every aspect of the track is how it is in reality. GTS has great tracks too, yet most aren't real. So this is really subjective.

Excellent post, but not all the tracks were laser scanned and not all are accurate - however there are many more tracks in PC2 and they don't have that bland, flat feel that GTS provides with my wheel.

Well, last night, I did something. Jumped in PC2(PS4), selected the #17 Porsche GT3 R, 10 minutes, Algarve, Identical , 19:00, Real Time, Medium cloud/Clear/Overcast/Light cloud, STANDING, AI 85/75, 27 opponents + me

Next, AC. Carrera Cup 2016, One Make, 1 Lap, Imola, Hard, 14:00, Clear, Fast, Normal standing start, 16 cars

Finally, GTS. RSR, One Make, 2 Laps, Barcelona, 20:00, Professional, Grid start, 20 cars, no BOP for me.

No word of a lie, all three races were fantastic.

PC2 AI were the fastest. I qualified 27/28. Made up 4 spots at T1-T3. Made a mistake on my 2nd Lap and was at the back trying to catch up. Could only get within 2 seconds of the last AI. The car felt awesome. Braking, turning, cornering, view from the cockpit of blind crests, the susnsetting, width of the track, undulations of the surface, sound of the car, steering animation. It's a good experience and rewarding just to finish.

The AC experience is bonkers. Ai are fast, spatially aware- great tight and I mean tight pack racing- they give just enough room and maintain pace, keep pace in braking zones, the hand animation is the worse, but the handling is a little more sensitive than PC@. HOWEVER, the bumps on the surface. My oh my, i felt like I was having my fillings shaken out.. and I don't have cavities! It's the best feeling from the tight suspension, hoping over a kerb, the tightbouncing of the springs and dampers, just like a real tightly sprung race car. The best feeling of the three games.

GTS. Surprisingly, the Ai were fast at this track. Usually, I'm met with AI parking it at corners, but no. The Ai were braking strong for T1, fast around the next few corners, strong under brakes for T4, fast enough thru the middle of the circuit, strong braking after the back straight, fast enough all the way to the final chicane. Really good. I pressed hard, but not dive bombing. Made up 5 positions. Well done to PD. They need to have AI consistently programmed like this, at every track and not the nonsense at tracks like Bathurst.

Good stuff.

Back