Project Porsche in coming update?

• Thread starter Zukla
  • 37 comments
Netherlands
Friesland
Morning people. I follow a public relations employee of PD on social media. The person posted something about Project Porsche. About rebuilding a new Yellow Bird of some kind for their anniversary. Besides that there's a modern version, with some cool project livery on it. I saw it is being unveiled officialy at Laguna Seca on the 27th of September. Makes me think, one and one is two. Might be though, they will skip a real track in August, to release Laguna Seca in September.

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/pro...vision-unique-piece-individualized-15877.html

"Developing 450 horsepower, the classic sports car will celebrate
its world premiere at the Porsche Rennsport Reunion in
Laguna Seca (USA) on September 27, 2018."

Last edited:
Exactly who is this Polyphony PR person you follow? And what makes you think Project Gold or Laguna Seca is going to be in future GT Sport update? I could imagine Laguna Seca as an eventuality given it's a real circuit that's been on the roster, but Project Gold seems like a stretch.

Doesn't matter who the person is. I will let him do his work. The people doing PR for Polyphony build relations with car manufacturers and try to build a network. So if he got an invite for the event where they had the Porsche stand, I assume there is a chance that it could be involved in some update like the Toyota Supra or the Audi Project some time ago.

And besides, more people are asking for Laguna Seca and the 'Yellow Bird' model, and I saw the reveal will be at Laguna Seca, so I thought, HEY!

Maybe it's worth messaging the editor folks so they can write up a story. Hit up Famine, SlipZtrEm or joey D.

Morning people. I follow a public relations employee of PD on social media. The person posted something about Project Porsche. About rebuilding a new Yellow Bird of some kind for their anniversary. Besides that there's a modern version, with some cool project livery on it. I saw it is being unveiled officialy at Laguna Seca on the 27th of September. Makes me think, one and one is two. Might be though, they will skip a real track in September, to release Laguna Seca in September.

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/pro...vision-unique-piece-individualized-15877.html

"Developing 450 horsepower, the classic sports car will celebrate
its world premiere at the Porsche Rennsport Reunion in
Laguna Seca (USA) on September 27, 2018."
The next thing you post here will be a link to that social media post. This thread is useless and worthless without it.

Maybe it's worth messaging the editor folks so they can write up a story. Hit up Famine, SlipZtrEm or joey D.
What story? All that's here is just random theory.

Doesn't matter who the person is. I will let him do his work. The people doing PR for Polyphony build relations with car manufacturers and try to build a network. So if he got an invite for the event where they had the Porsche stand, I assume there is a chance that it could be involved in some update like the Toyota Supra or the Audi Project some time ago.

And besides, more people are asking for Laguna Seca and the 'Yellow Bird' model, and I saw the reveal will be at Laguna Seca, so I thought, HEY!
No the person does matter. If you keep the person to yourself why would we believe you

A theory requires proven evidence. The OP did not state that the dev mentioned GTS, so even with a link this is still rampant speculation.

Without one it's almost trolling.
Exactly. I want evidence. I want to know who this PR person is and what supposed evidence there is of GT Sport getting Laguna Seca or Project Gold. This just sounds sketchy. I would like it if GT Sport had either but I'm not buying it. Laguna Seca isn't far fetched in general though.

Thegranturismo is one of his followers, and he mentioned earlier this year on social media that his new job would be at PD.

Look at the snapshots...

Attachments

• AF0207E8-BBDA-44A5-AA98-2B6514876DF1.jpeg
    AF0207E8-BBDA-44A5-AA98-2B6514876DF1.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 06DE984D-105F-416C-8855-4F2879217708.jpeg
    06DE984D-105F-416C-8855-4F2879217708.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 56
  • AE1C1C02-99FD-436E-858F-0B55864D03FD.jpeg
    AE1C1C02-99FD-436E-858F-0B55864D03FD.jpeg
    23 KB · Views: 54
I respect this guy's privacy. I spoke to him briefly before and he won't let slip any information. I did some suggestions though, and he responded: "Thanks". And based on the way the previous update (W08 and St. Croix) was announced, chances are he (PD) really listened.

So sad to say, this thread is indeed all speculations. I don't have any more info than you have.

I respect this guy's privacy. I spoke to him briefly before and he won't let slip any information. I did some suggestions though, and he responded: "Thanks". And based on the way the previous update (W08 and St. Croix) was announced, chances are he (PD) really listened.
So why did you made this thread at all?:confused:

Edit: I know how this is

Last edited:

So sad to say, this thread is indeed all speculations. I don't have any more info than you have.
A mod has told you what your next post should be. I'd comply with that if I was you. Provide the relevent links.

Thegranturismo is one of his followers, and he mentioned earlier this year on social media that his new job would be at PD.

Look at the snapshots...
But that is all just supposition (you got a problem with that word @TheGeologist ?) and you're taking 1 and 1 and ending up with 17.

So there's a random guy on your social media who may or may not work for PD (or GT as he says :rolleyes: ) and he's liked a Porsche that's getting revealed at Laguna Seca in September, and you're taking this to mean that Laguna Seca is being released for GTS that same month?

That's quite a stretch.

I respect the fact that @Zukla is respecting the guys privacy.

It may be that he is on to something but it's surely a big leap right now.

The timing would be about right for the next update end of September. But i think that's as far as this thread goes for now unless someone hears something else.

If it does happen, @Zukla gets an internet cookie from all of us and a mention in the news post next month.

But that is all just supposition (you got a problem with that word @TheGeologist ?) and you're taking 1 and 1 and ending up with 17.

So there's a random guy on your social media who may or may not work for PD (or GT as he says :rolleyes: ) and he's liked a Porsche that's getting revealed at Laguna Seca in September, and you're taking this to mean that Laguna Seca is being released for GTS that same month?

That's quite a stretch.

Much better word choice boo! :lol::P

Morning people. I follow a public relations employee of PD on social media. The person posted something about Project Porsche. About rebuilding a new Yellow Bird of some kind for their anniversary.

Why would Porsche celebrate the anniversary of another car maker’s most famous car?

I know who you’re talking about. If we assumed every car he posted about on social media was coming to Gran Turismo, we’d actually already have 500 cars in the game!

I’m not 100% ruling it out — the time machine is in the shop — but this is one step below “I saw a Gran Turismo windshield banner on X car at Pikes Peak, so it must be coming to the game”. Which is a very apt comparison...

I found him, using a different method. He seems legit, I wouldn't go deeper, he has protected his tweets for a reason and has private and public accounts. So that part looks about right. Thereby, I choose to believe that the '"dry lake" (Laguna Seca) is coming... despite being aware of that part being just theory.:cheers: Thanks for the info @Zukla !
(I always thought that Spa would come first)

edited: I actually found him, so all this I wrote is worthless.
A little exercise of research. Internet registers everything. Let us try to find something that Kaz wrote six years ago.

"You can start downloading the camouflaged Corvette C7 for free at the PS Store right now" Bingo, here it is:

Let us now find in what moment someone wrote: "I can't wait to work alongside my mentors and friends at GT to help shape the future of the automotive industry and car culture"

No results found for "I can't wait to work alongside my mentors and friends at GT to help shape the future of the automotive industry and car culture"

Internet remembers everything, I wonder why that sentence is not in internet at all? Not saying anything, I just think is weird that we can find something Kaz wrote six years ago, but not this recent announcement (which definitely looks like someone's -very well redacted- announcement to me).

Last edited by a moderator:
A little exercise of research. Internet registers everything. Let us try to find something that Kaz wrote six years ago.

"You can start downloading the camouflaged Corvette C7 for free at the PS Store right now" Bingo, here it is:

Let us now find in what moment someone wrote: "I can't wait to work alongside my mentors and friends at GT to help shape the future of the automotive industry and car culture"

No results found for "I can't wait to work alongside my mentors and friends at GT to help shape the future of the automotive industry and car culture"

Internet remembers everything, I wonder why that sentence is not in internet at all? Not saying anything, I just think is weird that we can find something Kaz wrote six years ago, but not this recent announcement (which definitely looks like someone's -very well redacted- announcement to me).

I can't find my own tweets too. Does it mean my tweets don't exist?

It is cool news and anyone who gets excited thinking it will definitely come to GTS only has themselves to blame.
However you would think that because GTS now has Porsche that the very few cars we have in the game now can't be all of them and at some point we would get more.
Also I believe at some point we should get Laguna Seca added to GTS as another real world location that's been in the Series for a very long time.

I hope the OP stumbled upon something but only time will tell.

Latest Posts

Back