Proposal for Original Gran Turismo Revealed in Kazunori Yamauchi Interview

• Thread starter Famine
  • 39 comments
I do like seeing people go into a lighthearted article with the series creator talking about the trials and tribulations of getting the thing off the ground and people immediately jumping in going ‘yeah cool Kaz but where new car?’. Never change GTPlanet.
This, people complaining because "where is my Koegnigsegg Kaaaaz???!!!" On an article based in an interview that is not about GT7 lol

1695590716487.jpeg

Really get the vibe of the first Gran Turismo menu screens, from the way this character is dressed. Definitely 90s fashion, but the menu music and city designs of the first three games, give that cool out vibe.
Similar to the Best Motoring videos. Look at how the drivers are clothed.

Last edited:
Really get the vibe of the first Gran Turismo menu screens, from the way this character is dressed. Definitely 90s fashion, but the menu music and city designs of the first there games, give that cool out vibe.
Similar to the Best Motoring videos. Look at how the drivers are clothed.
It's a cricket jumper.

It's a cricket jumper.
1695596344207.png

Really get the vibe of the first Gran Turismo menu screens, from the way this character is dressed. Definitely 90s fashion, but the menu music and city designs of the first there games, give that cool out vibe.

It's a cricket jumper.

View attachment 1289814

:lol:
Y’all are funny. Look at the coat, man. The style of pants. Those were the days of wearing baseball and rugby jerseys with leather jackets. I guess it’s from my era in NYC and y’all weren’t old enough to remember. Well, Famine should remember. Unless those fashion trends didn’t make it over the pond. ;)

GT back in the day was phenomenal but I accepted it will never get me that feeling again. I did play them all though and you cant deny the ambition the first games had and what they achieved.

I think they perfected the concept from GT1 in GT4. But really every iteration was just more of the same if you look at it and from 5 onwards it got stale in my opinion.

I do appreciate Sport for trying something new, its just that online racing isnt really for me. And honestly 7 couldve been amazing if they JUST focused on fixing some long time issues (opponent AI, grinding, chase the hare races).

For me personally as a console player I get my main racing fix from Project Cars 2, which isn't without it's flaws as we all know, but it at least attempts to emulate motorsport rather than some kind of Pokemon with cars. In sheer diversity of content it rivals Gran Turismo AND it respects my time by foregoing the whole grinding to unlock cars which I appreciate massively.

To each their own though and I really do hope GT finds it way again sometime in the future and people are back to universally praising it.

Last edited:
GT back in the day was phenomenal but I accepted it will never get me that feeling again. I did play them all though and you cant deny the ambition the first games had and what they achieved.

I think they perfected the concept from GT1 in GT4. But really every iteration was just more of the same if you look at it and from 5 onwards it got stale in my opinion.

I do appreciate Sport for trying something new, its just that online racing isnt really for me. And honestly 7 couldve been amazing if they JUST focused on fixing some long time issues (opponent AI, grinding, chase the hare races).

For me personally as a console player I get my main racing fix from Project Cars 2, which isn't without it's flaws as we all know, but it at least attempts to emulate motorsport rather than some kind of Pokemon with cars. In sheer diversity of content it rivals Gran Turismo AND it respects my time by foregoing the whole grinding to unlock cars which I appreciate massively.

To each their own though and I really do hope GT finds it way again sometime in the future and people are back to universally praising it.
Which game in current era achieved that level of phenomenal achievement? Talking in general, not only GT or even racing. Seems as if there are no new heights to be reached in games anymore.

Which game in current era achieved that level of phenomenal achievement? Talking in general, not only GT or even racing. Seems as if there are no new heights to be reached in games anymore.
There certainly are great games but every game has it's flaws of course. Assetto Corsa is amazing in terms of physics and FFB. iRacing for physics and online. Project cars (2) for its out of the box track and car content. Gran Turismo for amount of cars and accessible physics. But yes, that feeling that the first Gran Turismo's achieved might never be equalled for many :)

Back