Not open for further replies.

ProtoSimTech

Premium
United States
U.S.A.
DSC_017711.jpg

$399

http://www.protosimtech.com

ProtoSimTech is very proud to announce the PT2 pedal set. The PT2 is a continuation of the original PT-1. We took the best features from the PT-1, integrated them into the PT2, added some additional features, and redesigned the overall look of the pedals themselves.

The PT2 will function just like it's predecessor, although it will be easier to adjust, and therefore be easier to set up. Compatibility will also remain the same (PC compatible only).

Production for the PT2 will begin in about a months time, and we're going to work as hard as we can to get these out to you as soon as possible. We've recently made some design decisions that should allow us to cut production times even more. We'd really like to increase batch numbers, but we'll be starting out with 42 per batch (just like the PT-1).

As the second video above shows, we've made some improvements that should make adjustments much easier. We wanted to ensure you spend less time adjusting things, and more time actually using the pedals ;-)

The build quality remains exactly the same as the original PT-1. We're using the same hardware and components, so reliability should be identical to the original, if not even better.

Don't forget to check out our brand new website - http://www.protosimtech.com

If the website is still showing the images of the PT-1, make sure you hit refresh (F5). We've added images of the new pedal set to the home page, media page, and added the info on the tech info page for the PT2.

We will be adding the "Adjustments" videos shortly (we're still working on them). If you own the original PT-1, the adjustment videos are still available, as well as the calibration videos. We'll be adding a new calibration video for the PT2 once we are closer to launch.

We really hope you like this new iteration of pedal set from ProtoSimTech. We've been working on this for quite awhile, and have been testing them for the past 4 months. This recent break has allowed us to concentrate on getting this new version of pedals ready for all of you ;-)

Last edited:
Dat price! :drool:
I saw the reviews of the PT-1 pedals from Gamermuscle and Barry over at Sim Racing Garage, very nice! And the improvements you have made here make these pedals even more attractive.
I have an Obutto R3volution rig. Do you think it would pe possible to mount these upside-down in that?

Dat price! :drool:
I saw the reviews of the PT-1 pedals from Gamermuscle and Barry over at Sim Racing Garage, very nice! And the improvements you have made here make these pedals even more attractive.
I have an Obutto R3volution rig. Do you think it would pe possible to mount these upside-down in that?

I believe there are one or two people that have done this, but it will require a custom setup. For example, you may need to build yourself an 80/20 frame so that you can mount these inverted. Shouldn't be too much of a problem I would think.

Hey guys,

We're going to be starting production very soon - probably Monday, August 28th.

We've had a ton of emails from customers asking when we will have these pedals in stock. This is a difficult question to answer, as we just don't know how long production will take with a new product like this. As I've mentioned in my replies to these emails, we've made significant improvements to our production process, which should help decrease lead times. With that said, this first batch is likely to take longer than normal due to it being the very first batch of a new product. How long? Well, again, we just don't know.

The amount of emails we've received since the announcement has blown us away! We did not expect such a huge response. Therefore, I would like to caution all of you when it comes to this first batch's release. We're only making 42 pedal sets in this first batch. The amount of emails we've received suggests there is a very large demand, and there will likely be a rush to purchase a set in the first batch. That means that some of you just won't get the chance to buy one right away, unfortunately.

We realize this isn't an ideal situation. We'd love to be able to make 200 pedal sets, but with our limited budget, that just isn't possible. With that said, the improvements to the shop, and with the changes to our production process, we should be able to get these lead times down far enough that you shouldn't have to wait very long before the next batch is released. Ultimately, this means you should have the opportunity to buy a set within a reasonable amount of time
8a80c6485cd926be453217d59a84a888.gif

I also wanted to mention that we've made a small design change to the side plates. The PT-1 had two extra plates that were attached to the clutch pedal, and those plates were designed in such a way that it gave a nice clutch "feeling". The first iteration of the PT2's side plates were very simple. They had a "hump" in the center of travel for the mechanism responsible for this clutch feeling. This simple design did the job, but not as well as we expected. Therefore, we've made a small change to the design which should help give the clutch the same basic feel as the PT-1. We've been testing this new design to ensure it works as intended.

This new design has a bump in the travel similar to the old PT-1's extra plates. The reason I mention this is because all three pedals use the same exact design for the side plates. We do this to help speed up production (We now stack multiple aluminum sheets during the CNC process). You will see this bump on all three pedals, even though they are only functional on the clutch.

That's all I have for now. Keep an eye on this thread and our website's home page, Twitter, and Facebook for details on a release date ;-)

Hey guys, nice to see you continue to refine the design, I have PT-1 batch 8 and really enjoy them!

I have a technical question though, perhaps you can help...

Currently I run these into my Windows 10 pc and using DiView they are calibrated great for all PC games... except Forza 7, which perhaps as a result of being a UWP app only see raw input. Anyway to fix that?

Also, and more importantly, is how I run these on PS4: I have Gimx running on Win 10 and can output these pedals just fine to a PS4, emulating a G29 pedal set, but what I would ideally like to do is be able to plug them directly into my Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 editon wheel base so I can use it on the PS4 without emulation.

Is there physically anyway to convert the USB output from the PT-1/2 Leo Bodnar box to something the Fanatec wheel base could use, and plug in via RJ12?

I am interested in ordering too.

Why not take deposits to help with the financing? (just like car dealerships and apartment/house builders)

Or like, why not reply to existing customers?

Is there another forum I should be looking at?

Or like, why not reply to existing customers?

Is there another forum I should be looking at?
I'm mildly concerned something has happened. Chris has been silent for three months now, which is unusual.

I'm mildly concerned something has happened. Chris has been silent for three months now, which is unusual.
I hope he's still doing these. I'm practically sold on these pedals. I would rather buy these than spend the extra moolah on Heusinkveld Pro pedals.

I'm getting the SW20+ and it wouldn't kill me to go for Heusinkveld but I really don't want to. I've got other things to get and complete my setup.

I hope he's still doing these. I'm practically sold on these pedals. I would rather buy these than spend the extra moolah on Heusinkveld Pro pedals.

I'm getting the SW20+ and it wouldn't kill me to go for Heusinkveld but I really don't want to. I've got other things to get and complete my setup.
The pedals are great. I have the PT-1's. Highly recommended.

But I'm concerned for him personally. It's an odd thing to make a huge announcement and then go silent for going on 4 months.

The pedals are great. I have the PT-1's. Highly recommended.

But I'm concerned for him personally. It's an odd thing to make a huge announcement and then go silent for going on 4 months.

My apologies for that. I've been so busy with real life things + business things that I haven't had a chance to check various forums. I try to keep on top of things, but sometimes things happen, and my mind goes elsewhere ;-)

Again, my apologies. I'll try to keep an better eye on this forum. You guys have been great, and I feel bad that I've been neglecting you.'

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot - things are going well with production. We are now down to nothing but CNC work, which just takes time, unfortunately. Once that's done, though, we'll be ready for assembly. During the holiday season, things tend to go slower, but I'm still working ;-)

My apologies for that. I've been so busy with real life things + business things that I haven't had a chance to check various forums. I try to keep on top of things, but sometimes things happen, and my mind goes elsewhere ;-)

Again, my apologies. I'll try to keep an better eye on this forum. You guys have been great, and I feel bad that I've been neglecting you.'

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot - things are going well with production. We are now down to nothing but CNC work, which just takes time, unfortunately. Once that's done, though, we'll be ready for assembly. During the holiday season, things tend to go slower, but I'm still working ;-)
Ha! I'm just glad all is well. Great to hear!

Great pedals. It is a shame that you stopped to sell 2 pedals set( without the clutch pedal)! I think s lot of F1 or rally sim racing drivers would love to have this opportunity.

Great pedals. It is a shame that you stopped to sell 2 pedals set( without the clutch pedal)! I think s lot of F1 or rally sim racing drivers would love to have this opportunity.

Yes, we originally wanted to do that, but it turned out that it just wasn't feasible from a financial standpoint. The good thing about our pedals is that you don't have to use the clutch at all. In fact, you can remove the clutch from your rig without any consequences, and with a price of only $399, that's still a hell of a deal ;-)

Hey guys, things are going smoothly for batch #2 of the PT2's, so hopefully we'll be announcing a release date for batch #2 soon ;-)

Hey guys, things are going smoothly for batch #2 of the PT2's, so hopefully we'll be announcing a release date for batch #2 soon ;-)
I'm a little confused - are pre-orders not possible? Is it just a mad scramble to try to order as soon as stock goes live? If I try to add pedals to the basket right now it just says 'out of stock'. Wouldn't it be better for you (and your customers) to have a pre-order system to stack requisitions in a controlled way so that they can be processed in the order they are received? You'd get a better idea of demand that way too.
Cheers.

I'm a little confused - are pre-orders not possible? Is it just a mad scramble to try to order as soon as stock goes live? If I try to add pedals to the basket right now it just says 'out of stock'. Wouldn't it be better for you (and your customers) to have a pre-order system to stack requisitions in a controlled way so that they can be processed in the order they are received? You'd get a better idea of demand that way too.
Cheers.
That's how he used to do it, but you end up with folks who pre-ordered but do not follow through with the purchase in a timely manner, if at all. Management of it can get messy for the seller, but seeing how Fanatec did the McLaren rim pre-order, I don't know why it can't work in this case as well.

That's how he used to do it, but you end up with folks who pre-ordered but do not follow through with the purchase in a timely manner, if at all. Management of it can get messy for the seller, but seeing how Fanatec did the McLaren rim pre-order, I don't know why it can't work in this case as well.
Fanatec have much, much higher production capabilities along with cash reserves to buy all the equipment and space to stock and ship it all from.

You could take the full price for pre-order but I imagine that also has inherent complications with refunds when people don’t want to wait and providing customer service keeping people up to date. You’ve seen how rabbid sim users get over tiny issues, just makes it not worth the hassle.

I just want to address the pre-order/waiting list question -

We tried a waiting list in the beginning, but it ended up hurting our business more than it helps. It really set us back significantly, so we decided it was best to abolish that system.

As far as pre-orders are concerned, we don't do that. The reason we don't do that is because I do not like taking money without having product on hand and ready to go. It's great for larger businesses that have the capability to keep up with demand with mass production. We don't have that luxury. With that said, even if we did, I still don't like taking money for something we don't yet have.

Even if we did allow pre-orders, there would still be a "mad dash" to pre-order, just as there is to order normally. We only make 42 per batch, so pre-orders would be "sold out" just as quickly as an actual product. It's just an extra hassle I'd rather not deal with.

Some say this hurts our business, and some say we should do it their way, because their way is better. Well, that may be true. Perhaps in the future we can look into these things, but for right now, this is how we're handling sales. May not be ideal (for anyone), but for us, it's the best way.

I'm always open to new ideas and suggestions, so please don't hesitate to throw out ideas ;-)

I just want to address the pre-order/waiting list question -

We tried a waiting list in the beginning, but it ended up hurting our business more than it helps. It really set us back significantly, so we decided it was best to abolish that system.

As far as pre-orders are concerned, we don't do that. The reason we don't do that is because I do not like taking money without having product on hand and ready to go. It's great for larger businesses that have the capability to keep up with demand with mass production. We don't have that luxury. With that said, even if we did, I still don't like taking money for something we don't yet have.

Even if we did allow pre-orders, there would still be a "mad dash" to pre-order, just as there is to order normally. We only make 42 per batch, so pre-orders would be "sold out" just as quickly as an actual product. It's just an extra hassle I'd rather not deal with.

Some say this hurts our business, and some say we should do it their way, because their way is better. Well, that may be true. Perhaps in the future we can look into these things, but for right now, this is how we're handling sales. May not be ideal (for anyone), but for us, it's the best way.

I'm always open to new ideas and suggestions, so please don't hesitate to throw out ideas ;-)
Great stuff! And many Thanks for the transparancy. Since you build in batches why not open (limited) pre- orders on batches you plan to build on certain dates throughout the year. That way you will keep you company liquid throughout. Just don’t make your schedule to full for yourself.

People really don’t mind to pre-order and give you money in advance. The gaming market already shows that. It’s a great way to build anticipation too.

If you don’t make it to production on a certain batch on a certain date, just refund the money or ask they wish to wait for the next batch. It takes some extra work managing but is also great marketing. And trust people don’t mind to wait... they just want transparency.

I just wanted to give everyone an update on what's been happening the last few weeks.

As many of you have noticed, it's been awhile since I posted any news regarding production on batch #3. Rest assured, we're still plugging away. However, I've had a few personal things come up in recent weeks that have put production on hold (sort of). Real life can be a pain in the ass at times, and so it's been tough to manage production during times like this. I do work on things whenever I have free time, which is just about every other day, recently.

This means that a release date for batch #3 will not be as soon as I'd hoped. However, we don't have much left to do. A lot of it is just CNC work. Assembly only takes about a week, so once production is done and we start assembly, I'll be announcing a release date.

I really do apologize for the lack of info, and at some point I'd love to get back to making videos. I've been lacking in that department for quite awhile, and I miss that. Interacting with the community, and showing everyone what goes on behind the scenes is a lot of fun for me, and I do plan on getting back to that at some point.

I also wanted to mention (very briefly), that I am very interested in other areas of manufacturing. Right now, we're focused on sim racing products (well, pedal sets), and I have other areas of interest. For example, I absolutely love 3D printing, as some of you may already know from watching my videos. Over the past few months, I have been attempting to design my own 3D printer. It's a coreXY design that would be built similar to an Ultimaker, but using 80/20 as a frame, and a bed that is attached to lead screws on both sides (which helps eliminate vibrations). I'm also considering using linear rails, which would make it more expensive, but also much more accurate.

With a potential addition to our products, our company name may not make sense. I've been considering other possibilities, with regard to company names, that would be generic enough to cover just about everything we do without focusing on one specific area. I have a couple options in mind, with logos to match, and when the time comes, I'll be sure to fill you guys in with all the details

Well, that's just about everything I wanted to mention. Again, things have calmed down a bit, so you should see some news regarding batch #3 fairly soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back