Proud new owner of GT5

  • Thread starter Thread starter TwallZ
  • 32 comments
  • 2,505 views
Messages
9
Finally dropped the 59.95 on GT5 after renting it a month ago and Loving it, I own all all of the other Gran Turismo Games aswell, If anyone could give me some tips/tricks to this one I'd appreciate it alot! This is by far the best one to me.
 
60? GT5 has already lowered its price to something like 40€ even if it's not yet platinum.

But welcome, yeah.-
 
Buy a K-car, grind up some credits, get a bunch of cars you enjoy (Corvette ZR1 RM for offline A spec is a good investment), then go online after you buy all the cars you want and race to your heart's content 👍.
 
I am glad the you finally have your own copy of GT5. Well, I wouldn't say GT5 is by far the best one in the series... Don't get me wrong, there are some excellent improvements in this game from the other series. But there are also some problems that bring this game down. Overall, is a good game. Good Luck!

In my opinion, GT4 is still the best.
 
It's great to see a new face, full of joy about GT5 ... welcome, use the search and you can find great and usefull information, and please, don't turn yourself into a "SE delay moaner" too soon :D
 
Yeah I really enjoyed GT4 aswell, and I've been grindin, just got myself a Ferarri 599 for supercar event's and I have been searching for a 92-95 honda civic hatchback in the used car section :P
 
Yeah I really enjoyed GT4 aswell, and I've been grindin, just got myself a Ferarri 599 for supercar event's and I have been searching for a 92-95 honda civic hatchback in the used car section :P

Keep an eye on your UCS because some of the cars don't pop up very often. Just remember you can buy a New car anytime. If you're planing on buying all cars buy the used ones online as they are at 1/2 price right now.
Have fun.
 
Congrats and I agree. No doubt this is the best in the series. GT5 is not perfect but all the improvements just make me want to forget about the old GT games. And all the online functionalities takes the experience to a whole new level.
 
Thanks! I need to get some more money before I go shoppin for more cars haha.

Can anyone reccomend a couple of cars for just joy rides? one's that you can keep stock and still enjoy.
 
Can anyone reccomend a couple of cars for just joy rides? one's that you can keep stock and still enjoy.

To begin with I'd recommend the Subaru Impreza WRX STi '10 from the Dealerships. It's fairly cheap and it's a very enjoyable stock car.
 
60? GT5 has already lowered its price to something like 40€ even if it's not yet platinum.

But welcome, yeah.-

Most/A lot of places are selling it at launch price.

Nielsen, you speaketh the truth.

TwallZ, get an S2000 or NSX.

If you create a room online, you're able to set a specific time to whenever you want at Nurburgring or Sarthe.
 
Pimp up a Roadstar! You won't regret it! :lol:
 
Welcome to the GT5 family! As a blogger, I knew it was a long drag until I finally got GT5 (also needed a PS3). I told a friend that I don't believe in expectations. While not bound to expectations, I still remained mostly positive with GT5 despite its flaws. Just have fun playing around in the realm of GT5!
 
Thank's for all the warm welcomes! - Another_jakhole, I absolutely love NSX's and I have full intentions of owning several lol. This is a very friendly community I love it:P
 
Yeah I really enjoyed GT4 aswell, and I've been grindin, just got myself a Ferarri 599 for supercar event's and I have been searching for a 92-95 honda civic hatchback in the used car section :P

Hope you enjoy the game! Sure it's perhaps not as awesome as it perhaps could've been but has a ton of stuff to offer, especially to established fans!

To those who have owned the game for a while here, don't you miss that initial looking out for your fave car? And snapping up the awesome cars as they appear? A shame that particular aspect is relatively short-lived, but without an infinite number of cars it's pretty much unavoidable.

I guess i'm ever the car collector/nerd :)
 
Last edited:
Which currency is your 60 monies in? sounds dam expensive !

What's your fav car that's in game, I am sure one of us can send you it :)
 
It was 59.95 USD, everywhere I looked it never went on sale or lowered in price since it was released where I am from.
 
Which currency is your 60 monies in? sounds dam expensive !

What's your fav car that's in game, I am sure one of us can send you it :)

my favorite car's are Eg SiR civic hatchback, Honda CRX SI, and Acura NSX with the flip up headlights :P
 
As far as fun rides I would pick up a nice muscle car. There are a few premiums, but are far many standards. If you don't need to always have a cockpit view you will find many nice rides.

My advice I would say put some time in b spec. You get alot of good cars from letting bob drive around.
 
My advice, don't sell anything unless you are really sure. You never know when you might need a specific car to enjoy.

Also, don't be in a hurry to clear all the A Spec events. Keep the opposition just in reach. Don't just overpower them to finish the A Spec section. There is no more A Spec.

Play around with photo mode and track builder. They add to the games content and lots of enjoyment can be found there.

My last advice, when going racing online for the first time, try shuffle racing. You can get an idea of the handling differences, people seem more relaxed and you get to try a few cars.

Enjoy! :)

Edit: I love GT5 and try to play every day.
 
Last edited:
Welcome! Hopefully you're enjoying the game like myself and most of the others are!
 
Do a web search for "GT5 race series guide". There's a great one on there from Pesico on the PS3trophies.org site.

Shows a game walkthrough, what cars to buy, the race breakdowns, a few helpful tunes, etc. It's a great help.
 
It was 59.95 USD, everywhere I looked it never went on sale or lowered in price since it was released where I am from.

Weird... it's been on sale lots of places in fact I think I picked it up from Amazon for $50 shipped on release day plus a $10 amzon GC... it's currently $54 at newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=gt5 with free sihpping and it's been on sale a few times in different places on top of soon to be a platinum hits title...

http://slickdeals.net/newsearch.php?firstonly=1&forumchoice[]=9&q=gt5
 
Go to mygranturismo.net to keep track of your cars, and see which ones you'll be lusting after.
Also, the seasonal events are a great way to build up your credits. Befriend the right people, and you'll have a nearly endless supply of cars to borrow for any event in the game.
Happy driving!
 
Thank's for all the tips guys! Still looking for a CRx or eg civic hatchback! enjoying the game alot!
 
Add me and we can work on getting you that CRX. GT5 Really is a worthwhile investment, its alot of fun online, & off.
 
I'll send a eg civic if he's doing the crx :) add me.
 
asdfg11
I'll send a eg civic if he's doing the crx :) add me.

Oh you beat me to it! I myself was in the mood to gift a civic to our newest comrade. :)

From here you can browse on my collection, perhaps you might fancy one? :)

http://www.mygranturismo.net/1607

The civic will come in handy to race in the online seasonal of only Civics, great races!! XD
 
Finally dropped the 59.95 on GT5 after renting it a month ago and Loving it, I own all all of the other Gran Turismo Games aswell, If anyone could give me some tips/tricks to this one I'd appreciate it alot! This is by far the best one to me.

Spend some time knocking out the licences, you'll not only be a better driver but you'll get a bunch of free cars to race with, I completed almost the entire amateur and professional series without hardly needing to pay for anything. 💡
 
Last edited:
Back