PS3 Disk Dilemma

Superf15kid
Hey guys
If you want the long bit, read ahead, but theres a tl;dr down below

So ive been an avid GT5 fan for 2 years now, but over december when i needed (or rather really wanted) to get a Macbook Pro, i had to sell my PS3 to get the last 200$ to buy it.

Well, 3 months later, and im loving my Mac, but horribly missing my PS3, mostly just Gran Turismo 5 and F12011. Luckily i kept those games and my Logitech Driving Force GT when i sold my PS3

So now, broke and craving some gran turismo, ive been trying to find cheap ways to get a hold of a PS3

Latest, i found a PS3 for 50 bucks, but with one huge problem.
Its disk drive doesnt work at all, however, everything else does.

So! i have a copy of the games i want, is it possible to transfer the whole game from the disc to a USB? because the usb still works, this would be the only way to get some precious Gran Turismo.
Anyone know if thats possible?
Thanks ahead of time for your help, i was very active member of this community up until i sold my PS3, glad to be back

TL;DR: Messed up, need a ps3, found a cheap one, but only way to play is on usb. can i transfer a game from the original disc to a usb?

Thanks Again!

Just buy a new BD drive and replace it yourself. You won't be able to play off of the USB port unless you install a custom firmware on it. You'll lose PSN connectivity so it's a big tradeoff.

Back