• Thread starter MadMax
  • 51 comments

MadMax

GTP Race Admin
Finland
Finland
GTP_MadMax
Hi,

Allow me to present you the (PAL) GT2 Starter pack for PS3 Virtual memorycard.

-All licences golden
-6 golden licence prize cars
-game progress 0.00% completed
-10.000Cr :lol:

Here's link to my (PAL) GT1 Starter pack in case you would need one.

Here's a MaxDrive , (PAL) GT3 Starter pack for PS2

The idea is that you can start right away with all licences and a few cars to play with.
You can also get these "licence prize cars" to your own save just by trading them from this save file.

I started doing these licence tests May 8th and finished May 15th 2009 .
It took me just 2 days to do licences from B to IA golden , but the S licence took the next 5 days.

When I had finished I realised how long time it had actually taken to complete the licences and
I desided to put the game save file here so that others could get started a little easyer.

And here it is:

Attachments

• PAL GT2 PS3 Starter pack.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 1,810
Last edited:
Thank you very much indeed!!! Have you or anyone else done the same with GT1?
I would attempt to do it myself but I know i'm not that good and I don't have the time either.

Mega Awesome!! Thank You so very mutch! All thumbs up!

You're welcome. :cheers:

Thank you very much indeed!!! Have you or anyone else done the same with GT1?
I would attempt to do it myself but I know i'm not that good and I don't have the time either.

You're welcome aswell. :cheers:
I actually have done this on GT1 but can't tell for sure if I've started the game progress yet.
I'll check if I have starter pack for GT1 alredy waiting.
If not I'll do one! :D

MadMax

Thank you in advance! Its strange playing GT5P and then going back to where it all started. It looks and feels very different but still manages to be enjoyable.

Boooo....👎 This sucks...no offense. :yuck:

You're missing out on all those moments of glory and accomplishment if you simply cheat. 👎:dunce::ill::indiff: Do it the "hard" way if you're any sort of car-enthusiast...otherwise, you're nothing but a big, fat

CHEATER

Is it even legal to post this info here at GTP? I hope not....

Boooo....👎 This sucks...no offense. :yuck:

You're missing out on all those moments of glory and accomplishment if you simply cheat. 👎:dunce::ill::indiff: Do it the "hard" way if you're any sort of car-enthusiast...otherwise, you're nothing but a big, fat

CHEATER

Is it even legal to post this info here at GTP? I hope not....

No offence taken.
I appriciate that you like to play legit and encourage people to do so ,
but it can be frustrating and time consuming.
Allthought I did all the licence tests the old fashion way instead using some hacking method. :sly:

I hadn't been able to get gold in all licence tests on a PS1 memorycard save.
So accomplishing it on PS3 was an undicribeable feeling of joy.

Even thought using my game save can be seen as sort of cheating ,
it's main idea is to bring joy for people.

The GT1 starter pack may take a little longer than I expected.

MadMax

Cool. And I apologize if I came across as negative. I get very passionate about good racing games, can't understand why anyone would want a shortcut of any kind.

Do you know whether the Japanese version is PAL or NTSC? Anyway I played at 60 FPS.
It took me about 3 days to get all gold in GT1, and I don't want to do it again in GT2. And GT1, IMO, had a better feeling than GT2.

Do you know whether the Japanese version is PAL or NTSC? Anyway I played at 60 FPS.

This stuff is over my head for the most part, but I do know this: Japan/parts of Asia have their own version of NTSC. America has a different version of NTSC. Pal=Europe.

That's as far as my geek-knowledge goes on this subject, but I'm sure someone else will show up here and out-geek me. :lol:💡
It took me about 3 days to get all gold in GT1, and I don't want to do it again in GT2. And GT1, IMO, had a better feeling than GT2.

Dude, don't fear GT2 golds. They're actually mostly easier than GT's. GT2 does have a few toughies here and there, tho, but overall, you have nothing to fear.

Cool. And I apologize if I came across as negative. I get very passionate about good racing games, can't understand why anyone would want a shortcut of any kind.

The first thing I do with a new GT game is pass the license tests. Then I back up that save to act as a starting point for any new games a decide to play. It prevents me from having to go through the license tests again.

Since we have all had to do the license tests on up to four separate occasions so far, is it really that necessary to do them again?

God.... why don't they have the same format?

I think it has something to do with the fact that after WWII, Japan, America, and Europe were all seperately trying to rebuild or at least regroup (in America's case), and so there wasn't much interplay as to how TV formats developed between these three areas of the globe.

That's my matchbook-philosophy guess, there. :dunce: Someone should google or Wiki this info and get the actual story. I'm too busy now. :indiff:

I think it has something to do with the fact that after WWII, Japan, America, and Europe were all seperately trying to rebuild or at least regroup (in America's case), and so there wasn't much interplay as to how TV formats developed between these three areas of the globe.

That's my matchbook-philosophy guess, there. :dunce: Someone should google or Wiki this info and get the actual story. I'm too busy now. :indiff:

That's so lame. I hate wars. However, since everybody is at peace now shouldn't they make a universal TV format? I dunno, it just makes more sense that way.

That's so lame. I hate wars. However, since everybody is at peace now shouldn't they make a universal TV format? I dunno, it just makes more sense that way.

One would think with all the new technology these days it's easy to do, but the truth is, it's probably like building a new house on an old-fashioned foundation...

Famine or one of those guys would know the full answer to all this. I know I've seen them rattling on about different TV formats before.

Thanks, great contribution, I'm going to set up an new internal PS1 memory card for this, it'll be my 16th internal card for GT2 LOL.

I know that.I got the code from a website and it told me to visit the honda used car lot after enetring the code in the gameshark.

thanks, just starting GT2 again after hearing some music from it lol :D

Now the GT1 Starter pack is ready and it can be found here

77 views/downloads sofar for GT2 Starter pack,

lest see if the GT1 Starter pack will be as great success :dopey:

:cheers:

MadMax

Thankyou for this. I tried getting back into GT2 again, but just wasn't finding it fun enough and generally gave up after an hour or two. With the good start you provided though, I got the start I needed and got to quickly replay my favourite nostalgic parts 👍.

NTSC-US for North America, and NTSC-J for Japan. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTSC#NTSC-M

Thanks for making these available MadMax86. I can't handle a DS2 so use a wheel, i have GT1 and GT2 but never tried because of my inabililty to use a DS2. But now at least I can look at them and try without the pressure of trying the licenses. But I will have a go at the licenses as I think it is very important.

Last edited:
Back