PS3 owners vs. future PS3+GT5 owners ratio!

  • Thread starter Thread starter speedfreak69
  • 40 comments
  • 3,710 views

Do you own a PS3 or are you waiting for GT5 release to buy it?

  • Yes, I already own it.

    Votes: 174 89.2%
  • No, I'm waiting for GT5 release to buy it!

    Votes: 21 10.8%
  • I won't buy the PS3. I'm a masochist.(or Xbox fanboy)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    195
Messages
812
The article in the news gave me the idea to make a poll to find out what's the ratio of people on gtplanet that are waiting for GT5 to buy the PS3 vs. everyone else who already bought it.(yes, I know a lot of you already bought it precisely for GT5(GT5P), but that's not the point of this poll)
btw. I'm one of those still waiting(and hoping for a great PS3+GT5 bundle:D), but of course, I'll play the other games too when I get it, also catch up on some great PS3 games I missed so far.;)
 
I actually bought mine at Christmas to try out the GT5 Time Trial, just couldn't resist.
That's all I had going on the PS3 for a while, and a bunch of demos, but being a Tower Defence junkie, I picked up Comet Crash and Pixel Junk Monsters off the PSN a month later.

Then picked up a really cheap 2nd hand copy of Prologue off Ebay 2 weeks ago. Not a bad game for $18AUD :)
 
We need the choice of:
I bought a PS3 in hopes of GT5 coming out soon, but that didn't turn out.

Now mine's a Netflix dvd player, but once I have my copy of GT5, it will no longer be sitting around.
 
BTK
Now mine's a Netflix dvd player, but once I have my copy of GT5, it will no longer be sitting around.

Same for me, only Blu-Rays though and an occasional game on MLB 10:The Show.
 
I brought mine primarily for GT5 and MGS4. Now, however, the only real time I'm on the PS3 is when I'm watching a Blu-ray movie, or I have a sensation to play Bayonetta, Burnout Paradise, or Prologue.

Everything else is just....mreh.
 
I bought mine 1 week after PS3 release...you know that one with the 700EU

15 days after the guarantee expired i got a YLOD...nice eh..?

They changed my console with a brand new one and i pay 145EU

After one week i played for the first time on my new console...after 15 min. playing GT5P i got a YLOD...for the second time in a brand new console..!!

This time they changed it for free...Yey

I rent a game from time or a movie but i bought my PS3 mainly for GT5...where is this game...?????:ouch:
 
Own mine since a year or two/three (:confused:) now mainly for Prologue becoming available and expecting GT5 to follow shortly afterwards:ouch:.
Use it for gaming only and the occasional DVD, free online keeps me entertained with Prologue although its limited content ( cars/tracks ) makes it a bit boring now.
Other games i like playing now are Il2 Sturmovik, Battlefield BC ( thinking of buying the new one ), and sometimes GTA and the first Dirt game.
Oh, and FIFA when friends come over, don't really play it alone and i somehow look forward to Red Dead Redemption becoming available.
 
Had a PS3 since launch, although I'm on my second now, soon to be third.
 
Since PAL launch, still running without problems.
 
I actually bought mine at Christmas to try out the GT5 Time Trial, just couldn't resist.
That's all I had going on the PS3 for a while, and a bunch of demos, but being a Tower Defence junkie, I picked up Comet Crash and Pixel Junk Monsters off the PSN a month later.

Then picked up a really cheap 2nd hand copy of Prologue off Ebay 2 weeks ago. Not a bad game for $18AUD :)

I did pretty much the same this Christmas, too! Except that I bought Prologue back in June-ish and played it on a friend's PS3 :dopey:
 
I've owned a PS3 for 2 and half year now and only had one crash in it playing MGS4. I really want to buy one after I saw GT HD, but since PD discontinued it I was really disappointed, then I heard GT5 will come out around 2008, but that didn't happened. And now I'm stuck with GT5p which is still ok. Playing with G27 really extend the game play, but how long will it last. :(
 
add the poll option: bought ps3 mainly for gt5

which I did. got mine January 2008, though, but I've been enjoying the wait because of it :)
 
I bought my PS3 mid-2007, because I wanted that next gen gaming library. GT5 was the biggest prize, but since the demise of SEGA hardware, the Playstations have had the best library of games. I have 25 PS3 games or so, and I'm just getting started.
 
I think most people on this site fit into the GT hardcore audience. I would say a large percentage would already own a ps3 so that we could get a taste of GT5 from prologue.
 
Same as most bought one a while ago. After the first price drop cam through. Mainly in anticipation of prologue. Feels like it's been ages since then.
 
I'm on my second one now. Bought the 60 gig version in hopes of GT5 ended up with prolouge and broke before the full version release. So I bought a second one, if they delay the release again I might endup buying a 3rd one or maybe the PS4. Maybe I should stick with GT4 and PS2 it seems to work much better since it out lasted my first PS3.
 
I bought one earlier this year with the assumption that GT5 would be out by now. It is collecting dust at the moment.
 
I have two, actually. An original 60 GB one back in Texas, and a 120 GB Slim with me currently.
 
Last edited:
Had a PS3 since launch, mainly for GT5, but enjoyed plenty of other games in the meantime.
 
I have a 80 gb launch model since march 08, i realy dont use it, it still gathering dust, literally, i play Prologue a lot! but now im tired of it. Also i have an xbox and a pc to play games. PS3 its only for GT5 and she still gathering dust.

Sorry my english.
 
Waiting for GT5 release to buy a bundle.
Actually I played GT5P only half an hour at a friend place...
 
I bought my PS3 in the knowledge that GT5 would, at some point, be released for it. I also wanted a next-gen games console and a Blu-ray player. Apart from a brief dalliance with GT5P and maybe an hours worth of the Time Trial, it's served it's time playing other games and showing DVD's and Blu-ray films.
 
Honestly, this Poll would be more valuable if it was placed in a GT general section, there's plenty of members which visit only GT4 forums (they're pissed of wating and speculation) and don't own a PS3, but will buy for GT5 surely. The results will be biased to show "I already own it", this is a GT5 section after all ;).

I own a PS3, bought mine's in september to play Prologue, MGS4 and MW2.
 
I own a PS3 since 2007 just for GT5. Still waiting. I would say thanks to PD and Sony for not saying information about GT5. I think it's easy to say: GT5 will come in 2 years at least.

Anyways, I have fun times with my PS3.
 
Waiting for GT5 to be released before I even consider buying a PS3. If GT5 isn't worth buying a PS3, I won't get a PS3 and save a lot of money.


It seems that there is already a thread with a similar subject.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=119747
The point of this thread wasn't so much discussion, as it was getting some clear numbers to compare to the general public results(33% vs. 12%(gtplanet current percentage)). That's why it's just a simple yes/no choice basically.


Honestly, this Poll would be more valuable if it was placed in a GT general section, there's plenty of members which visit only GT4 forums (they're pissed of wating and speculation) and don't own a PS3, but will buy for GT5 surely. The results will be biased to show "I already own it", this is a GT5 section after all ;).

I own a PS3, bought mine's in september to play Prologue, MGS4 and MW2.
Maybe you're right, but this is directly linked to GT5, so I think it belongs on this part of the forum.;)
 
I've had 2 PS3's, The first I imported just to have a new console, was underwhelmed with GT:HD being the only real racer which got dumped, so sold it..

Relented with GT5p, got another PS3, sold it when it became clear GT5 was not on the horizon and GT5p wasn't getting any meaty udpates..

But will get a new one for GT5!..

I'm not entering the poll though, the childish 3rd option isn't how I roll.. :)
 
Back