ps3 shutdown everything

SidewayzinCA
So last night my ps3 beeped twice and turned off by itself now its all working but I'm on day one now of the game. No cars, no progress, no money. Can I do anything? Has anyone else had this happen/

It sounds like the HDD might have corrupted. Was there any messages when you turned your PS3 back on after it shut off?

sounds like the ps3 has overheated and shut down probably while it was saving, corrupting the game save, unless you had a backup theres no way back

It probably shut down while saving and your file got currupted. If you backed up the file on a usb stick then just load it again.

Damn! You beat me for a second, dannylill1981

It probably shut down while saving and your file got currupted. If you backed up the file on a usb stick then just load it again.

Damn! You beat me for a second, dannylill1981

sorry lol, at least there are knowledgeable people here to help when these type of things go wrong. i lurk a lot in these forums but rarely post.

Had this happen to friends before.I've since started backing my data up on a flash drive just in case.
If you need any cars,paints,whatever to help get you going again you can add me. I'll send it if i have it. psn alleycat22469

Had this happen to me when i reached level 40 and had 450 cars, had to start all over again, with the difference of having a USB stick laying right next to my PS3 now.

There is this thing tough, when you go in the options menu of GT5, where you can try and recuperate corrupted game data. Try it who knows you might get lucky but i don't know if it works. Anyone tried this option before?

Just watch out for the 3 beeps when shutting down your system (two beeps when starting up), this means your blu-ray drive is going and needs to replace. Two beeps during shutdown is improper/quick shut down, usually caused by over heating unless user input. One beep during start-up means everything is ok.

Why, when saving, the game does not create backup save?

Indeed. This should be. 👍

I wish GT5 didn't save all the time. Every time it saves, I hold my breath and cross my fingers that it doesn't freeze or get hit by a powercut. :scared:

I did try the restore data feature in the game but to no avail. I could have probably saved it but when I turned the game on the first time it auto saved my new game. Until that point I assume I still had my current garage somewhere.

Why, when saving, the game does not create backup save?
Huh? Without external memory, the backup save would be on the same hardrive as the normal game save, so both will be corrupted should anything happen.

Unless I completely missed what you're saying.

Had this happen to me when i reached level 40 and had 450 cars, had to start all over again, with the difference of having a USB stick laying right next to my PS3 now.

There is this thing tough, when you go in the options menu of GT5, where you can try and recuperate corrupted game data. Try it who knows you might get lucky but i don't know if it works. Anyone tried this option before?

That backs up replays and pictures that are saved on to the hard drive . I never thought I would ever get my data corrupted, it was launch date and i had the game a week early:tup: How i loved that french car!!

Huh? Without external memory, the backup save would be on the same hardrive as the normal game save, so both will be corrupted should anything happen.

Unless I completely missed what you're saying.

I think he might mean a secondary file. So if you lost power due to overheating or outage instead of it killing your file by screwing up half way through overwriting, it would make a second so you would only lose up to your last save.
Then I assume next save would overwrite the older one.
Wouldn't save you for any major hard drive issues but if there was a small error it may.

Just a lesson to be learned, whenever you PS3 shuts off while playing a game, never start up and go back in to the game, go directly to your saved files and check the game you were playing last to see if the save file is ok. Sorry to hear that my friend, I haven't had any weird issues like that as yet with my PS3 but I do have an external drive which I back up my GT5 main game save to and I have to do my monthly back up tonight.

Back