[PS3 - V] Vinewood Hill Climb Time Attack

Antarctica
TRAPPIST-1g
ProjectWHaT
http://rsg.ms/TmYbhU

Based on the famous Pikes Peak Hill Climb, this is a prestigious time attack race to the Vinewood sign.

Add the race to your game and give it go and post your times here! There will be 11 vehicle classes, Compacts, Coupes, Motorcycles, Muscle, Off-Road, Sedans, Sports, Sports Classics, Super, SUVs, and Utilities. Then that will be further divided into Limited and Unlimited. The Limited class will be for cars that have no performance tuning, for example, brakes, engine, turbo, etc. The Unlimited class will have no restrictions.

When racing, make sure you have traffic off.

On the track, you'll see there are tire stacks, these are clipping points and are there to make it harder to cut corners. Do not hit these tire stacks, unless you want a slow time.

When submitting times, please post them in this format:
GTP:
PSN:
Car Class:
Limited or Unlimited:
Time:

[As you can see the track's only in pre-alpha, if there's any problems, please post them here so I can fix 'em]

Hehehe, I always do some driving round the vineyards when I get a new sports car so this should be good. :mischievous:

I've got a few fast rides to tackle this. My Jester, Comet and 9F are all tuned except my Massacro and Turismo R.

Breaking the form a little , here's my time with stock Blista Compact (provided by game) 5:04.274 . With some luck a sub 5 minute could be possible.

Is the track alright? Anything needing to be fixed?

I'd say block off the road at sharp turns so people know where to go, I often found myself getting confused at those points. Also, try and add more checkpoints so they line up properly. I keep going round a few corners that I could probably keep my foot planted to the floor but end up braking because the checkpoint is pointing towards the next one and not the way the actual road goes.

Is the track alright? Anything needing to be fixed?

Well , there are a few places where the tyre stacks are at blind apex. And there is a big shortcut at the gas station where "Learning Curve" - track starts.
Instead of going down the road in to a slower set of turns , you can just steer right and jump down before the gas station and carry more speed.

Then there is in a few places enought room behind the tyres to shortcut. The blue walls or other big clear track limiting objects could work better in those cases.

Overall , it's true to it's name , a hill climb track that takes more than just a few tries to master. 👍

Hello everyone, this looks very entertaining. I just added the track to my GTA and will probably give this a try tomorrow. Good luck to you all!

GTP: Michelin
PSN: GTP_Michelin9960
Car Class: Sports
Car (Make & Model): Dewbachee Massacro
Limited or Unlimited: Limited
Time: 04:35.033

I still can find a good 5-7 seconds on that run if I attack some corners a bit more and if I don't lamost fall down the hill on the last few corners. :lol:

Got a few times to submit.

GTP: Doodle
PSN: doodlemonoply
Car Class: Super (Zentorno)
Limited or Unlimited: Unlimited
Time: 3:58.254

Car Class: Motorcycle (Bati 801RR)
Time: 3:39.294

Car Class: Compact (Blista)
Limited or Unlimited: Limited
Time: 4:54.447

Car Class: Sports (Elegy RH8)
Time: 3:59.640

I have picture proof if needed. I'm planning on doing an Unlimited Muscle car and Unlimited SUV tomorrow. :D

Got a few times to submit.
Car Class: Motorcycle (Bati 801RR)
Time: 3:39.294

Is the Bati 801RR that superior to the Bati 801?

GTP: Michelin
PSN: GTP_Michelin9960
Car Class: Motorcycles
Car (Make & Model): Pegassi Bati 801
Time: 04:57.033

Is the Bati 801RR that superior to the Bati 801?

They have exactly the same performance. The only difference is that the RR has liveries. It's very important that when you use the Bati to wheelie as much as possible on the straights because the speed you gain from them is immense. 👍

They have exactly the same performance. The only difference is that the RR has liveries. It's very important that when you use the Bati to wheelie as much as possible on the straights because the speed you gain from them is immense. 👍

I didn't do the wheelies (even thought I know that since I purchased it :lol:) and I was able to roll down the mountain on the last turn. :(

FYI - shortcut between checkpoints #35 and #36 if you hit the hillside right. Also, maybe some turn warning signs at checkpoint #2. The arrow in the checkpoint halo points straight; I'm an idiot and kept going instead of taking the road to the right :dunce:

GTP: Katiegan
PSN: Katiegan
Car Class: Sports (Elegy RH8)
Time: 4:24.537

I've already been royally hammered by @Doodle. This was only after 5 runs and I was improving by a second each time, so I could probably get it lower if my PS3 would kindly like to stop overheating everytime I go on GTA.

Car Class: SUV (Huntley S)
Time: 4:25.897

Car Class: Muscle (Gauntlet)
Time: 4:21.739

Latest Posts

Back