PS4 CareerPS4 

• Thread starter TT92
  • 101 comments
\

So I've you keep playing the career mode is getting better (yup, it's quite boring at beginning)

If you think the beginning is boring you are in for huge surprise at the end!!! It is like watching paint dry, except not as interesting.

There's always something with today's games to stop it hitting the 100% or getting the tick of approval by yourself. For example, a game would be realeased and it has everything you wanted, then after a few weeks you notice small things that are missing or left out or simply could've been better coded into the game. The older boys will remember the sega master system and NES days. Games were virtually bug free and the enjoyment and satisfaction you got playing these games is a very very rare feeling you get today. The reason for this is simple IMO, back then, a game was made for making and enjoyable entertaining experience at home, today it's about money and get it out as fast as possible and patch the rest. Quality of gameplay has improved but quality of workmanship has massively declined, it's only technology that makes it looked more advanced than it is.

There's always something with today's games to stop it hitting the 100% or getting the tick of approval by yourself. For example, a game would be realeased and it has everything you wanted, then after a few weeks you notice small things that are missing or left out or simply could've been better coded into the game. The older boys will remember the sega master system and NES days. Games were virtually bug free and the enjoyment and satisfaction you got playing these games is a very very rare feeling you get today. The reason for this is simple IMO, back then, a game was made for making and enjoyable entertaining experience at home, today it's about money and get it out as fast as possible and patch the rest. Quality of gameplay has improved but quality of workmanship has massively declined, it's only technology that makes it looked more advanced than it is.

This. I played old PSX games today on PS2, one of them MGS1, one of the game that reminds me of how great the old days were, not in terms of tech in graphics or sound or physics, but how solid the game was, how complete it was and enjoyable to play. The old SNES racing game Top Gear 2 also right on top of the list of the best games I ever played, and I still play it even these days. I think one of the sign of great game is "timeless", I can play old Top Gear 2 today, and still have as much fun as I had more than 20 years ago even if it had ugly graphics, almost non existent physics.

IMO you're looking at things with the rose coloured glasses of youth. It's much more complicated than that. I look back at driving games in particular and, while I enjoyed many of them 10 or 15 years ago, the driving experience is far, far, far better today than it ever was back then, and the enhanced graphics, sound and levels of simulation available only add to that. Are the games perfect? No, not even close. But they are also incredibly more complex and the overall experience is much richer and more immersive than ever IMO. Modern games simply have exponentially more lines of code and with that comes exponentially increased levels of complexity and room for error.

And gaming has always been about money, then and now, no one works for a non-profit gaming company as far as I know. As with everything else, the marketplace determines the outcome in the long run. If people buy more of the better games in the long run, you'll have more of the better games in the marketplace. If people are buying more unfinished and broken games, then they are telling the marketplace that completion and brokeness don't matter, so much as just getting in and playing do.

IMO you're looking at things with the rose coloured glasses of youth. It's much more complicated than that. I look back at driving games in particular and, while I enjoyed many of them 10 or 15 years ago, the driving experience is far, far, far better today than it ever was back then, and the enhanced graphics, sound and levels of simulation available only add to that. Are the games perfect? No, not even close. But they are also incredibly more complex and the overall experience is much richer and more immersive than ever IMO. Modern games simply have exponentially more lines of code and with that comes exponentially increased levels of complexity and room for error.

And gaming has always been about money, then and now, no one works for a non-profit gaming company as far as I know. As with everything else, the marketplace determines the outcome in the long run. If people buy more of the better games in the long run, you'll have more of the better games in the marketplace. If people are buying more unfinished and broken games, then they are telling the marketplace that completion and brokeness don't matter, so much as just getting in and playing do.

I do agree with this to an extent but IMO the gameplay and overal game enjoyment is no where near what it is to be. Now some may put this down to a number of factors, which it could be but when your playing a game made by a developer who's number one intention is to make the best gaming experience possible compared to a game made as quickly as possible with profits as its number one goal. Yes people do do it for the money but back then when the gaming industry wasn't the size of what it is today, companies made games on the love of making games, that's my point and it shows big time in the end result. Yeah the graphics are a lot better but I put that down to technology getting better over time more so than the game actually being that much better. Until I come across a game that has been made with such dedication and commitment and made with the intention of making it as close to bug free as possible and selling you a complete game instead of rushing it out rife full of bugs and have to download verious patches to fix certain issues. I feel that people,especially younger people who haven't grown up in this older era of gaming, will never feel that type of excitement that I and many others enjoyed when the home console first started getting big. Basically what Iam saying is that something will always be better if it's made because the person wanted to and not because they had to.

The AI from F1 2016 is for me on the same level of Assetto Corsa honestly (good but don't brilliant)

There's no way I could agree with this. AC's AI all just follow their one racing line around the track, and if the player happens to be on the racing line when an AI is nearby, the AI will simply ram right into the player as if they can't see them. They're about as basic as GT6's AI, with the only difference being that GT6 AI go out of their way to avoid contact, where AC AI will plow right through you if you dare get in their way.

F1 2016's AI will race the player and each other very hard, and will use multiple lines, both when trying to overtake, and when defending. They mostly will yield in situations where they should yield, and race hard when they should, and they will actively try to avoid contact with other cars. They also have the ability to strategise, and will change their pit strategy depending on their situation. They will choose their tyres depending on the weather forecast for the race (not just the weather at the start of the race), and will change their strategy on the fly in order to undercut drivers they're stuck behind, or choose to stay out on slicks when it starts raining if they think they can benefit from it. They will also switch their strategy when a safety car or VSC comes out, if they think they can benefit from it.

There's also a massive variety in strategy between AI drivers. They don't all choose the same strategy, and when things like rain or a safety car change things, the AI will choose different strategies to each other. I haven't seen this done on this scale in a racing game before. Pcars would come the closest, but they're nowhere near as smart as F1's AI, and there's not the big spread of strategy like in F1.

There's always something with today's games to stop it hitting the 100% or getting the tick of approval by yourself.

This would be because games are now released with missing promised features e.g AC with Custom Online Lobbies or games are released riddled with bugs e.g PCARS.

A contributing factor for dissatisfaction with games is they keep missing their promised released dates and delays just breed expectations of the game being more perfect when it is finally released. Again I point to AC and their announcement that private lobbies were not in the release only 24hrs before it was released. And to add insult to injury they still advertise it as a feature on their website!!!

For these reasons I am not expecting much of GT Sport and I think Kaz has lost the plot totally. Not only has the major studio not released a game on the current console but will miss it totally, as in the PS4 Pro is about to be released. Yes I know not an entirely different model but a significant upgrade all the same and the introduction of VR.

So basically I think it can be summed by saying "The pre-release hype rarely meets the expectations at launch".

As an example didn't SMS say they delayed release of PCARS because it was 98% complete and they just wanted to polish it a little more? Well just look what we got at release?! And I should add, it still has day one bugs in it!!!

Totally agree mate and the reason the industry has got this bad is because people allow it to happen. If we stood up and asked for a refund if the game didn't deliver on the pre release hype or on time for that matter. Let sales do the talking and hopefully they'll get the point. It really strikes me because all these developers have to do is just go have a look at some comments about there products on there forums, that's it. All these issue could be rectified and give the customer what they want, it just blows my mind when there's information out there telling these companies that this is what people want and what they'll pay good money. Yet they still fall short blaming technical issues and what not and not telling the truth that marketing manager for that company simply didn't want that. My brother worked for ea for 7 years as a game developer, in the end they drove him to quit as they wouldn't let himself literally "express himself as an artist" as it was just do this, get it out as quick as possible and you can all do overtime to create patches that wouldn't need to be done if the job was done properly to begin with. Not only that, with him being a gamer himself and growing up through the 80s when home consoles hit big for the first time, the amount of experience he has on games is amazing yet it's overlooked at companies like ea because it takes longer to do something properly the first time.

This would be because games are now released with missing promised features e.g AC with Custom Online Lobbies or games are released riddled with bugs e.g PCARS.

A contributing factor for dissatisfaction with games is they keep missing their promised released dates and delays just breed expectations of the game being more perfect when it is finally released. Again I point to AC and their announcement that private lobbies were not in the release only 24hrs before it was released. And to add insult to injury they still advertise it as a feature on their website!!!

For these reasons I am not expecting much of GT Sport and I think Kaz has lost the plot totally. Not only has the major studio not released a game on the current console but will miss it totally, as in the PS4 Pro is about to be released. Yes I know not an entirely different model but a significant upgrade all the same and the introduction of VR.

So basically I think it can be summed by saying "The pre-release hype rarely meets the expectations at launch".

As an example didn't SMS say they delayed release of PCARS because it was 98% complete and they just wanted to polish it a little more? Well just look what we got at release?! And I should add, it still has day one bugs in it!!!
Oh you just can't get over PCars can you. Too bad they sold 2 million copies. Guess you got a bad one.

I think the quality overall of PC overlooks any bug tbh it may have. I accept every game has bugs nowadays, just depends on the severity of them and PC IMO is pretty light compared to some games which just makes you face palm. The biggest and most wtf bug I've come across in recent times has to do with dirt. Pre game hype stated it fully supported the g29 and shifter package. Only to my shock horror find out that the clutch and 6 speed h box just doesn't work like wtf. Change it back to paddles it worked fine just didn't read the clutch or shifter. You would have the clutch in revving the car, light goes out, you drop the clutch and car just sits there revving its head of. Put PC in straight away and everything works sweet. How could they release it after stating its compatibility for it not to be compatable, they have updated it now and works fine but the fact it even left the production line with such a huge bug blew my mind. Did they even test that at all? It certainly didn't look like it as the bug is imeditaly noticeable if those particular options were selected.

Last edited:
Oh you just can't get over PCars can you. Too bad they sold 2 million copies. Guess you got a bad one.

Samsung mobile phone division is looking for someone just like you to explain their issues to customers. OH BTW they sold over 10 million so according to you it cant be a problem and it's the owners own fault they bought a bad one. Great reasoning there pal.

Samsung mobile phone division is looking for someone just like you to explain their issues to customers. OH BTW they sold over 10 million so according to you it cant be a problem and it's the owners own fault they bought a bad one. Great reasoning there pal.
Uhm is your console or disk exploding? Kinda funny that the 15 guys I race with twice a week haven't encountered 1 tenth of the problems you have.

Back