PS4 G29 FFB Settings

• Thread starter alainsenna
  • 17 comments
Hey man,

I'm using the following settings:

I drive on manual transmission with the built-in sequential shifter without a clutch and without an external/attached manual shifter!

FFB: 66%
Curbs: 11%
Road: 33%
Slip: 22%
US effect: NO
H shifter: NO

Hope that helps. I found those are the best settings for my liking.

Thanks Georgeagea, thanks for reply.

Yes I added you and we will hook up at some point for sure, I have only sunk a very little amount of time in so far, it's a big change coming from GT6 and my skill level on A/C isn't great but then again I haven't raced online to see how I stack up, the main trouble I have had is braking on Road cars seems really weak and also the fact I'm learning all the tracks from fresh as there is a lot on AC that I don't know and then even all the ones I do know well need relearning.

I will try your settings and let you know how I get on.

looking forward to a wee race with you, my saving grace is, that the one time I tried online everyone seemed just as bad as me, if not worse in that most where losing it all over the place.

I am just going to concentrate on getting round tracks consistently, then focus on getting faster and faster.

Hoping to gather feedback specifically relating to peoples FFB settings used on PS4 for G29 wheel, thanks.

Hey Jamsy,how are you getting on with your G29 on Assetto?

I just can't seem to get the wheel feeling great at all,there's a huge floaty central deadzone that just kills it for me.I keep returning to it with every update hoping to feel that 'magic' handling,but to no avail.
Oh well,back to chasing your ghosts around on Takahagi hills it is then!

Hey Blood, still not great tbh, it is still good everywhere but the deadzone! still messing after last update though, I am enjoying the game, the road cars are very difficult and the gap between them is bigger than I am used to, but this is as it should be though.

I leave FFB: 70. All other are 0 or off because all of those are canned artificial effects. Kunos developers themselves say that in one of the interviews. They add those options because some people like canned effects. Those are not real especially the curb and understeer ones. You can validate this point by driving your own car over some bumpy area or preferably curb, your steering wheel is not going to rock because it has all dampening in it. You only feel the bump through your body. The understeering one is definitely not real. You lose some force but not completely like it was implemented in the game. Again, the developer knows this is unreal but just leaves options open for gamers.

I got the G29 when it first came out and was using it on pcars just couldn't get a nice setup thought all would be great when ac come but still not that good so got a t300 and so impressed. It's not ac its the g29

I got the G29 when it first came out and was using it on pcars just couldn't get a nice setup thought all would be great when ac come but still not that good so got a t300 and so impressed. It's not ac its the g29

Hi mate, this was my fear and suspicion! no new will be coming in short term, so gutted, it plays great on dirt rally, also on grand turismo 6, so confusing!

Hi mate, this was my fear and suspicion! no new will be coming in short term, so gutted, it plays great on dirt rally, also on grand turismo 6, so confusing!
I know, For loyal logitech customers myself included I think we were ripped off. I always thought the g series wheels were great but how wrong I was (honestly)considering the the t300 came out a while ago and the g29 was brand new when I got one they are world's apart on the latest titles the t300 really is superb on AC. G29 was awful on pcars for myself also tried the t300 on pcars n still don't like pcars physics. Pcars went in the bin yesterday next to the g29

Yea its pants, g29 has exact same internal components as G27, didfferent skin to work on PS4, license issues blah blah, basically had to buy a nicer looking g27 to play on PS4, disgusting, so its really old tech but It felt good on other games, heres hopin g it feels better on pcars 2 and gt sport,

_20170425_085030.JPG

Only setup what I've found to give minimal deadzone on effects and not rattling wheel, without this I would dump AC. :)

Same for me... persevered with the G29 for 4-5 weeks, never got on with it, so bought a T300 (though still using G29 pedals).

I don't think it's the wheel itself, more how AC works with the G series. The T300 is a much better wheel on AC (I say this having had 3 G series wheels previously).

Back