PS4 Gt Sport How To Upload/Export Replays to USB Device

• Thread starter Harpic
  • 11 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Harpic1950
Does anyone know how to do this? I know how to do it for screen scapes and pics. I also know how export into My collections but want to export Replays to external USB device. Thanks.

Does anyone know how to do this? I know how to do it for screen scapes and pics. I also know how export into My collections but want to export Replays to external USB device. Thanks.
Replays are just instructions for GT Sport to recreate the video - there's no actual media content in them.

The replays from My library are special format, can't see them like you do in game, with all camera options and switch players, so what's the point, why would you expert them? And watch them where?

Replays cannot be exported to USB like they could in GT5 & GT6. This is very frustrating for people who want to back them up, or want to save more than the limit allows.

For exporting replays, you have to play the replay then hit the Share button to start recording. The video you just recorded using Share is the one you would export to your USB drive.

Replay files in GT Sport are not videos, they're just instructions for the game to recreate what happened during that race/time trial. If you're still confused, look at their file size. It's impossible for a 1080p 30/60 fps video like that to be just a few MB in size.

So for a comprehensive replay you would have to record multiple camera angles via Share from the playback within GT? Then export the footage to a card and import them into an editing system?

Thanks guys much appreciated. Basically I can't then.
The only way when I backup videos to a USB for backup, I use Elgato Game Capture HD it connects to your PC, and you record straight from your PS4.

For exporting replays, you have to play the replay then hit the Share button to start recording. The video you just recorded using Share is the one you would export to your USB drive.

Replay files in GT Sport are not videos, they're just instructions for the game to recreate what happened during that race/time trial. If you're still confused, look at their file size. It's impossible for a 1080p 30/60 fps video like that to be just a few MB in size.

Hi, I am new here. I am after the file that contains the info on how to replay the game (rather not have the video actually :)). Do you, or anyone else, know how to export this file to USB (or whatever) from the PS4? I cannot work this out...

Do I need to connect my PS4 to PC?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back