PS4 - keeps freezing up?

• Thread starter GA 52
  • 10 comments
Norway
Philippines
Good day all, my new T-GT wheel keeps freezing up twice or three times a day while "waiting for the track to be loaded". Then I have to turn the game completely off on the main box. -Is this a common thing happening with you too or could it be my new steering wheel has some issues? Thanks for your time.

Good day all, my new T-GT wheel keeps freezing up twice or three times a day while "waiting for the track to be loaded". Then I have to turn the game completely off on the main box. -Is this a common thing happening with you too or could it be my new steering wheel has some issues? Thanks for your time.

What do you mean by, "T-GT wheel keeps freezing up"? Does it lock into one position? Or does it lose its center position and fail to provide input to the PS4?

What do you mean by, "T-GT wheel keeps freezing up"? Does it lock into one position? Or does it lose its center position and fail to provide input to the PS4?
LG - It freezes everything - even the PS button is "dead"... nothing on the wheel works?> . :boggled:

LG - It freezes everything - even the PS button is "dead"... nothing on the wheel works?> . :boggled:

It would be important to determine if the problem is only in your wheel or not. Next time the wheel dies, pick up a DS4 and see if works with the game. If it does not then the problem is in the PS4; if it does then the problem is in the wheel.

That said, what you're describing is similar to a problem I'm having with my T-GT. There is a short in the wheel and occasionally (once every few days) it basically just dies. It happens most frequently when I'm racing and wind up with a lot of FFB and the wheel shakes a lot. Believe it or not, a smack up the side of the base of the wheel fixes the problem. I need to get off my butt and get it replaced with Thrustmaster, but it works 99% of the time and I love to race, so....

It would be important to determine if the problem is only in your wheel or not. Next time the wheel dies, pick up a DS4 and see if works with the game. If it does not then the problem is in the PS4; if it does then the problem is in the wheel.

That said, what you're describing is similar to a problem I'm having with my T-GT. There is a short in the wheel and occasionally (once every few days) it basically just dies. It happens most frequently when I'm racing and wind up with a lot of FFB and the wheel shakes a lot. Believe it or not, a smack up the side of the base of the wheel fixes the problem. I need to get off my butt and get it replaced with Thrustmaster, but it works 99% of the time and I love to race, so....
I will try that tomorrow LG! (if it freezes up) - Appreciate - very good idea! My FFB is 8... is that too high?

I will try that tomorrow LG! (if it freezes up) - Appreciate - very good idea! My FFB is 8... is that too high?

In theory, the wheel is designed to support any FFB setting. Therefore, no FFB setting should cause a wheel failure. If it does then the hardware is bad and should be replaced.

In theory, the wheel is designed to support any FFB setting. Therefore, no FFB setting should cause a wheel failure. If it does then the hardware is bad and should be replaced.
Sorry LG - second thing was not related....... :banghead: . I just wonder if FFB on 8 is too much feedback?

Sorry LG - second thing was not related....... :banghead: . I just wonder if FFB on 8 is too much feedback?

If FFB isn't actually causing any problems then it is really just a personal preference. Whatever setting you think feels best should be fine. FWIW, I haven't changed FFB from the default setting. I don't even know what the default setting is.

If FFB isn't actually causing any problems then it is really just a personal preference. Whatever setting you think feels best should be fine. FWIW, I haven't changed FFB from the default setting. I don't even know what the default setting is.
When you click on The Driving Option button - (middle one after you have signed up for qualifying - next to Car Settings.) You scroll all the way down to bottom click for the next page and scroll down again and there you see the FFB. I personally will try to set it down to 7...... getting very tired in my arms with 8.. Cheers . :cheers:

Back