Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'PCARS Racing Series' started by Sick Cylinder, Feb 10, 2017.
AWESOME Flaco !!!
sorry to say I'm still not able to participate with the back still out
I have been using the controller to play gts but am well of pace ..
Hope you have a good one ...
Thanks for the invite skip
Good racing, sorry about the bump buy, Paulbe was hard to catch, did he get dc?
I was trying my headphones for first time online, with PS4.
Unfortunately, I couldn't hear anyone, so if anyone, only person I could hear was the guy on the pit wall.
With the new pedals (no more excuses) i had plans to fight for the top positions last night. It started well with p1 in quali and into turn 1 as well before my nerves got the better of me. I lost a position to flaco and on the same lap simba got by as well.
Another lap later or so, i tapped the barrier on the left up the hill in turn 1 and had a spin which cost me another 2 positions and left me 7 seconds after Sick.
I managed to catch and pass him at the end of the race and kept him close behind for the final two laps which was totally unnecessary as i had a nervous, lousy exit at the final hairpin which gave him the opportunity to pass just before the checkered flag.
So, two races in a row i lose a position in the final bend.
Anyway, congrats to Flaco for the win and sorry to paul who had a disconnection towards the end of the race.
About hearing other people. When races finish the first three do one more lap to the finish than the others so if they are already talking, the first three cars are fighting for the podium. So please be quiet for this round, because of concentration. Thanks a lot.
Round 4 from Sonoma Raceway GP
Congratulations to Flaco on a fine win and Simba on second place. Commiserations to Paul Bee who holding third place until a disconnection quite late in the race.
I had practised a bit at the weekend, finding a setting for the AI at which I could just win a 5 lap race when starting from the back provided I made no mistakes. Unfortunately in qualifying I did make a mistake - a big one - I turned the car upside down and had to sit out most of the session. I started fifth and found myself following Paul Bee. TigerPaw went off track and suddenly I was fourth with Paul Bee third. I was just about able to keep up, but would not have been able to pass. When Paul disconnected and without him to follow, my lines deteriorated and consequently my lap times suffered. Suddenly TigerPaw loomed large in the mirrors. It was difficult to resist the pressure and soon he was through. By concentrating on his lines I was able to up the pace and stay close then slip through on the last lap to retake third place - a very exciting and satisfying race which was spiced up by lapping some of the AI drivers.
This is an exciting circuit and I expect Wednesday's Formula Ford (Type 51) race to be a cracker.
PS - sometimes I can't get the car to load in my chosen livery - it seems pot luck whether I get my red number 22 or not!
Next Round 5 from Donnington Park GP
Try this Sick, I go to garage, pick car livery, its safes down in bottom right of screen. You might have to repeat, every time.
When I was doing so practice, you get, random car as well.
I think if you create a lobby and has to change car it takes random so first lobby creation with right car then back again to the garage and choose car.
Some circuit information, Donington Park. Some interesting clips, one on the old circuit in 1938.
I wont make it home before race start. See you on wednesday and good luck everybody!
I'm happy to have won this race, even though I spun once from a stupid mistake and feared Simba could catch up but I'm happy for two reasons, one is this date, this day is a Special day that should never be forgotten! For all the racers that didn't hear me speak after the race, when I said I want to dedicate the win to, and say Thank you ('Obrigado' in portuguese) to the man I followed already as a kid and had to go through my first sorrow when I heard of his passing.
Oh and second is I just love Donington and took the risk of not practicing at all, phew, I was lucky. (I guess I have to thank Codemasters for TOCA )
Congrats to Simba and Buybon on Podium!
Sorry @PaulBee_58 for first corner incident, even didn´t noticed the touch while racing, realised after watching replay that I caused that you were going off track. Very Sorry.
RIP Ayrton Senna
Unfortunately I just couldn't seem to gel with the car and track combination - I did more practise than usual, but my car was either wheelspinning in too low a gear or labouring in too high a gear. It is a great track, which I enjoy (in other cars!) and I am hoping for better results on wednesday in the Formula Ford (Lotus 51). The final straw came when I had to take a phone call half way through and dropped from 4th to 7th place. Fortunately I managed to make up time on two of the cars which had passed - they were AI cars. Overall a bad race from me - I hope I didn't get in the way of too many people - I qualified 6th, but got away 4th. I think there was too much contact and too much impatience in the opening lap and I was sad to see Paul Bee depart after an accident. This is a somewhat wayward and wobbly car, which can need a lot of track width so everyone needs to be patient - it is a 30 minute race and overtaking opportunities shouldn't need to be forced - they will arise.
It was quite a bad race, Al seemed to be very, hard tonight. I got hit at Foggy Esses. Made up to 7 place, then got rolled other at goddards. I saw skip get hit, going down craner curves.
I think Paulbee got hit by Al as well, saw at lot movement just after start.
I did some practice in both cars and 51 lost a wheel.
Could we maybe try Al off for Wens, we need too even more carefully.
Congratulations to this weeks podium men: Flaco, Simbalora and Buybon.
I am not anticipating a problem with the AI on Wednesday - they will be at level 40 so I fully expect them to be lapped by the leaders - note we are using the shorter Donington National track without the loop.
There does seem to be a problem in Project Cars with an inconsistency in the speed level of the AI from track to track and car to car. They were turned down to 35 for yesterday's race, but in future with that track and car I would use 30.
I think the collisions at the start and in the opening laps were mainly down to human error and were also a product of the "Countdown Lights" system used in Project Cars 1, which I very much hope will not be in Project Cars 2 - it looked like one person had jumped the start as they moved first, but the game did not give a jump start penalty so this was an anticipated start.
I have a lenghty Video from Sonoma Race, I tried to involve different players perspective, sorry if I can't cover all of you, these videos are quite work and time consuming. So I hope, at least some of you, can enjoy!
Guys, I just finished watching a bunch of raw and scripted video of Alonzo's private practice day at Indy today. It is all on YouTube, so if interested it made for very good watching! Will give those who are not up to snuff on the challenges Fernando is facing in this endeavor at the 500 a really good idea of what he is up against. He looked really good in his rookie orientation laps and got up to just under 220 mph laps in the last segment. He will have to increase that by 10 to 15 mph before quali and they at Andretti are sure he will do just that. This is soooo cool!!!
Just a reminder that we are racing the Aston Martin DBR1/300 tonight and a reminder to myself to try turning the AI down to 30 on Monday's.
Please everybody pay attention to blue flags and let the leaders through when they are lapping - you may be in your own race, but they are too and we don't want to interfere with the battle for the top spots.
Also everybody please treat the AI drivers with the same respect as human drivers - i.e. take care to avoid contact and rejoin the track in a safe manner.
The AI drivers should now be set low enough that they can be overtaken easily even by the slower drivers and I expect the faster drivers to be lapping them.
I'm away with work today but will be back for Wednesday
What gear is best for Abbey in Aston, 3 or 4?
Sometimes with blue flag its been Al behind me, when I look back.
For not to get false, starts I've been putting foot on brake.
Just a few points regarding this to consider:
1. Turning down the AI doesn't make them more courteous drivers, only slower and somewhat less competent. They duplicate our cars colors and numbers to some extent..I have raced and passed my own car more than once! So when leaders come up on them fast, take care! At 30 they will be even slower and easier to run into!
2. The blue flags in pcars are not leaders, but any faster cars approaching...so if you spin or are coming out of pit, for example, you can get a flag for an AI car coming up on you as John mentions in his post. Sometimes in the game you can get a blue flag as a 'phantom'...there is no car coming. The same thing happens with yellow flags.
3. As one of the backmarker guys in our group, I can tell you that it is difficult to know where everyone is on the track as the race goes on..actually impossible to tell since we have no full course map like GT6 had on HUD. Even if we did you cannot tell whether the cars are human or not. If you go off track in a big way, have to get damage fixed in pit due to a shunt, or for any reason find yourself shuttled back further in pack, it is disconcerting to not know what you are seeing ahead of you, or in your mirrors...who are these cars??
4. Even some of you really fast guys bang into each other up front, and spin off track, get damage, etc...and end up back with us on track at least for awhile. Please understand us slower cars won't readily know it is you behind us, especially if we are running slower than normal with damage of some kind. I actually have given quarter to a car coming up on me only to realize I have just let a non-points AI car pass me...
5. I know I have caused some of you frontrunners issues of late; I assure you I will do whatever I can to clear the way for you, but please remember the Navy blue #14 you are zooming up on may not be me, but the AI dopelganger!!! I can't vouch for what he does...
6. I have a suggestion; since we backmarkers have a responsibility to you front runners to let you thru easily, maybe it is only fair that you guys flash your headlights if we don't react quickly enough so we know it is you not AI. Like I said though, you need to keep in mind that car you are running up on may not be one of us humans and the light flashing wont help! Be cautious! Also, we could turn on the ID option so we see the driver name above each car as we race...would help with ID as to human or not???
I love this club we have become, but it is supposed to be fun to me...a hobby to deflect from our real lives issues. I hope all the added tensions lately due to early race banging, and passing issues, lapping problems, etc. Don't get really bad or the fun goes away. Then what have we got...this world we all share is crazy enough!
Thanks for reading..
It would be better as well if the names above the cars stud out a bit more. Also not to duplicate the Al car colours.
i will also sign me in
Thanks for constructive comments Skip - you have raised a lot of good points - I'll ponder them for a while before responding.
Results from Silverstone
congrats to the nr. 1 and 2 of the race!
it was a lot of fun and one of the most important things, it was a clean race.
Congrats on Podium in the very first race!
thanks, you also with you're podium finish