[PS4] PITSxSRM | Thursday Night AC Racing (Currently in ACC)

As we discussed earlier.

Ferrari = 480 deg
McLaren = 480 deg

BMW = 565 deg

Lamborghini = 620 deg
Lamborghini ST = 620 deg
Honda = 620 deg

Lexus = 640 deg
Aston Martin = 640 deg
Bentley = 640 deg
Nissan = 640 deg
Mercedes = 640 deg

Jaguar = 720 deg
Audi = 720 deg
R-EX = 720 deg

911 GT3 = 800 deg
911 CUP = 800 deg

acc steering rotation

As we discussed earlier.

Ferrari = 480 deg
McLaren = 480 deg

BMW = 565 deg

Lamborghini = 620 deg
Lamborghini ST = 620 deg
Honda = 620 deg

Lexus = 640 deg
Aston Martin = 640 deg
Bentley = 640 deg
Nissan = 640 deg
Mercedes = 640 deg

Jaguar = 720 deg
Audi = 720 deg
R-EX = 720 deg

911 GT3 = 800 deg
911 CUP = 800 deg

acc steering rotation
I find it's ridiculous you have to change steering rotation for different cars.

A little experiment I did the other day:

Mercedes AMG GT3 at Leguna Seca

ACC (Default Tires): 1:27.861
AC (Default): 1:27.975
GTSport (Racing Hard): 1:24.219 (Yes, 1:24!!!!)
PCARS 2 (Hard Slick): 1:27.542

All of them can do better, but ACC, AC and PC2 will remain in the same ball park lap times. GTS was not even difficult - must be the frame rate and 4K resolution...:sly:

Difficulty / Satisfaction:
PC2 was most difficult mainly because of how the ABS works. Minor lock-ups make the entry into the corkscrew very tricky. Satisfaction level is very high though

ACC was slightly easier than PC2, but satisfaction level is higher than PC2

AC was a bit easier than ACC and satisfaction level similar to PC2

GTS was easy peasy to drive and satisfaction level sucks because there is no communication between steering wheel and road if you stay on the asphalt. It feels the curbs and grass, but on the road you only hear squealing tires with no feel. Then I looked up and see I am THREE SECONDS faster than the other games....:confused:

A little experiment I did the other day:

Mercedes AMG GT3 at Leguna Seca

ACC (Default Tires): 1:27.861
AC (Default): 1:27.975
GTSport (Racing Hard): 1:24.219 (Yes, 1:24!!!!)
PCARS 2 (Hard Slick): 1:27.542

All of them can do better, but ACC, AC and PC2 will remain in the same ball park lap times. GTS was not even difficult - must be the frame rate and 4K resolution...:sly:

Difficulty / Satisfaction:
PC2 was most difficult mainly because of how the ABS works. Minor lock-ups make the entry into the corkscrew very tricky. Satisfaction level is very high though

ACC was slightly easier than PC2, but satisfaction level is higher than PC2

AC was a bit easier than ACC and satisfaction level similar to PC2

GTS was easy peasy to drive and satisfaction level sucks because there is no communication between steering wheel and road if you stay on the asphalt. It feels the curbs and grass, but on the road you only hear squealing tires with no feel. Then I looked up and see I am THREE SECONDS faster than the other games....:confused:
Well now that's some interesting Data. Good to see the sim games are very close in lap times and did you do the same amount of laps in each game?

Well now that's some interesting Data. Good to see the sim games are very close in lap times and did you do the same amount of laps in each game?
ACC: 8 laps. Was the first test. Had to get used to it
AC: 5 laps
GTS: 3 laps
PC2: 4 laps

Last edited:
Ok, I did my first few runs on ACC, and long story short it's not working well for me right now (I'm on PS4 Pro).

Same issues some people are reporting, the inconsistent frame rate and sudden frame pacing/drop thing (+ input lag). Apparently it's more of an issue on the PS4 Pro rather than the original one. I don't care about 30 fps vs 60 fps nor pretty graphics, but at the moment can't really play seriously. Had some fun, will do some more tests, but I'll wait for update patches to really deep dive into ACC.

Having said that, I'm sure the game is amazing and will be awesome for league championships.

First world problems :)

See you in a few weeks (fingers crossed)

Ok, I did my first few runs on ACC, and long story short it's not working well for me right now (I'm on PS4 Pro).

Same issues some people are reporting, the inconsistent frame rate and sudden frame pacing/drop thing (+ input lag). Apparently it's more of an issue on the PS4 Pro rather than the original one. I don't care about 30 fps vs 60 fps nor pretty graphics, but at the moment can't really play seriously. Had some fun, will do some more tests, but I'll wait for update patches to really deep dive into ACC.

Having said that, I'm sure the game is amazing and will be awesome for league championships.

@Mike Lobban and @Rednose58 had a workaround I think for the Pro. Maybe they can chime in with something. :confused:

@Mike Lobban and @Rednose58 had a workaround I think for the Pro. Maybe they can chime in with something. :confused:

I have read that there is some kind of a problem with the Pro.

I played around with my TV picture modes. In "Game" mode it seems to work the best (I had to play with colors, brightness and contrast to improve the picture appearance - personal preference). The TV is a 55-inch Sony Bravo XBR. I think this improvement is more to do with input lag between the Controller/PS4 to TV when the TV is in Game Mode.

The frame rate issue from the game becomes very apparent when you go around medium to high speed corners where the movement of the things on the screen is very jumpy. I'm sitting very close to the TV, so the the jumps between the frames are more apparent because the physical distance from one jump to the other is bigger than in would be on a smaller screen. When I start the game it is very irritating, but after a few minutes my brain adjusts somewhat to ignore the background.

I also read that motion blurring will help. I haven't look at of it is adjustable in ACC, but I think in PCars2 there are a number of visual settings that you can play with. I'll experiment on that.

One thing I can say is that when you switch from ACC to PC2, then PC2 looks amazing. When you switch to GTSport then GTS looks spectacular....

I did 4 test runs with a Mercedes AMG GT3 at Laguna Seca on ACC, AC, GTS and PC2. You can definitely see that ACC is more jumpy. But, if you try to ignore the background and focus on the road, it is not too bad. Strangely enough, PC2 almost looks the best.....

So, I think the biggest improvement on ACC for me at this stage is probably psychological.

@Bruno Gallo @Mike Lobban

I have read that there is some kind of a problem with the Pro.

I played around with my TV picture modes. In "Game" mode it seems to work the best (I had to play with colors, brightness and contrast to improve the picture appearance - personal preference). The TV is a 55-inch Sony Bravo XBR. I think this improvement is more to do with input lag between the Controller/PS4 to TV when the TV is in Game Mode.

The frame rate issue from the game becomes very apparent when you go around medium to high speed corners where the movement of the things on the screen is very jumpy. I'm sitting very close to the TV, so the the jumps between the frames are more apparent because the physical distance from one jump to the other is bigger than in would be on a smaller screen. When I start the game it is very irritating, but after a few minutes my brain adjusts somewhat to ignore the background.....
So what? Just to play ACC you have to change your TV settings to Game Mode"? And then when you go back to watching regular/cable TV you have to change it back to whatever mode and whatever else you had previously set? And then when you go back to play ACC you have to change it back to Game mode and so fourths? That is crap. I ent doing that ****.

@Rednose58 thanks for the tips mate, I'll have a look.

I'm guessing my problem is beyond what you described as your video look waaaayyyy smoother than my gameplay... Perhaps there's something wrong with my PS4 Pro - I'll try some maintenance stuff I can do on it (resets, cache, boost mode, etc)

So I won't be racing this week on Tuesday or Thursday. I wanna take a small break before f1 2020 and pc3 drops because I know I'm gonna be on them all day lol.
Fort ou guys putting in the work and dropping info thanks alot

Same issue here.... it’s almost unplayable with my ps4 pro for the moment....

I've been watching this guy's video just at zolder I went from doing 1.54 to 1.51.

He also mention and talk about using the motech data thingy to help us tune

Still like another language to me.
Watch it a few times or maybe just take some time to understand how camber cater toe and spring rates and dampers work. I neve bothers to Learn Tuning in pcars because it felt over the top and unnecessary
AC and acc is simpler and it's only one car class.

Games updating today idk what they did but I just got on and it's. Updating will update post once I find something g
This from Twitter. Apparently it just a small hotfix.

Assetto Corsa
@AC_assettocorsa

CONSOLE USERS: A small hotfix launches today for PS4. This contains fixes to the livery editor, a career mode network issue and a pop-up bug. Xbox users, stay tuned! #beACC
7:56 AM · Jul 1, 2020·TweetDeck

You gonna be up and running tomorrow @Stanc03 ? What should we do, more ACC? I can be the ring leader if need be. 👍
If you could run another ACC tonight in Stan's absence that will be cool. Please let me know if y'all will be on and if around the usual time 7:30pm EST.

@Stanc03 s PS4 has a flat tire, or blown head gasket, or something. Probably just low on headlight fluid. :lol: Hope you get it worked out dude.

I'll open a party chat for ACC around 7:30 PM EST and we can see what we can get into. If you want in let me know!

@Canita
@HazardLvL4
@bigtimedave
@SGETI
@coltsjugg
@sgohsixthree
@davidt33
@ONESPACE
@yogi bear
@Stanc03
@CB_racer
@Mike Lobban
@Senna94f1
@swjaxon
@Hanable
@Luckymouse71
@etcetera_911
@aerolite
@GTLehman
@cesar_alfetta
@Wilo28
@Rednose58
@TheGaul22
@Bruno Gallo
@fordlaser
@FabesL
@ssternko

Last edited:
@Stanc03 s PS4 has a flat tire, or blown head gasket, or something. Probably just low on headlight fluid. :lol: Hope you get it worked out dude.

I'll open a party chat around 7:30 PM EST and we can see what we can get into. If you want in let me know!

@Canita
@HazardLvL4
@bigtimedave
@SGETI
@coltsjugg
@sgohsixthree
@davidt33
@ONESPACE
@yogi bear
@Stanc03
@CB_racer
@Mike Lobban
@Senna94f1
@swjaxon
@Hanable
@Luckymouse71
@etcetera_911
@aerolite
@GTLehman
@cesar_alfetta
@Wilo28
@Rednose58
@TheGaul22
@Bruno Gallo
@fordlaser
@FabesL
@ssternko
I'll log in around 7:30pm EST and look out for the Chat invite and info about whichever server to join.

Oh yeah should have mentioned that. It is.
in like Errol Flynn!
cf4628f.gif

Back