PS4 Pro about to take off and baking hot when playing this game

• Thread starter sejtur
  • 13 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
Hi guys,

Just bought this game, and I never had this much noise from my PS4. No matter where you are in the game, driving or menus. It became really hot as well.
I'm afraid for my PS4's life now if I start Competizione up again. I bought the system new last january, and when playing other games there's none of this.

I started up GT Sport after closing Competizione, and it's nice and calm again, no jet-like noises.

Anyone have this as well?

Update: I installed the latest firmware on my T300 GTE (firmware 31.00), and the jet noises are less now. Still more than GT Sport, but not noises like it's about to blow up.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t say it’s any worse than other titles but I did switch off my console completely earlier to give it a break.
I’ve also given it a quick vacuum and currently have a large desk fan pointed at it.
It’s very hot in the UK at the moment and it’s still another week or so before I’m back at work so it’s getting a bit of a bashing.

I have a standard PS4 and couldn't play more than 10mins before blue screen and overheating warning, stripped and cleaned but no difference, GTS runs fine :(, I'm hoping it'll be better on PS5.

do you play cod warzone? My standard ps4 sounds like it’s going to implode into a black hole when I play that.
:lol: Very true.
Are you guys on disc version?
ACC is saved to an external, my PS was quieter then when I play disc version of GTS.
Then again maybe I couldn’t hear it cause I had the sound cranked up and it sounded like I was in a real car?! :cheers:

ACC is saved to an external, my PS was quieter then when I play disc version of GTS.
Then again maybe I couldn’t hear it cause I had the sound cranked up and it sounded like I was in a real car?! :cheers:
I don't care about noise when the game engine is working hard but ACC keeps the console hot even when in menus. That's not OK.

I downloaded the game, no disc.

This game uses max power of the CPU from the consoles,known to be the bottleneck of this generation , that's why the fan work full power and also the reason why they had to downgrade graphics and framerate.

Not a lot of optimation can be achieved I presume.

About PS5,in the event streaming they said that they didn't even looked towards next generation, there priority is the PC version and next up the consoles version

Latest Posts

Back