PS4 PSN ID change and GT Sport

Well I have no issues with the game itself or my save data since I changed my identity on the PSN website yesterday.

Haven't checked my leaderboard times or anything this week on the in game website but so far all is well.

How did you find 25% name changed on a race?
The search came up empty when I tried to find them on KP, just like it did when I searched for my own new ID.

I know some people like to use doppelganger spelling which can make it difficult to find their profile but all of them had unambiguous spelling. With such a consistent result for multiple players I met in a randomly matched Daily Race lobby I drew that conclusion.

Last edited:
I'm taking it that you retain all your psn friends when you change ids?

Yes, and if selected there is an option that will show your old PSN for 30 days next to your new one NewName (oldname)

There are very few games will serious issues even those aren;t too bad tested games can be searched here https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/network/onlineid/games-list-home/.

My only issue was with MLB the Show 16 where it basically deleted my game profile, my saves were all still there so it wasn't even a big deal. I just had to redo all my difficulty settings, camera settings, preferences etc. I did lose a bunch of online related stuff and XP and what not but since the game is 4 years old now I only play my offline franchise now which is into the 2023 season lol.

Yes, and if selected there is an option that will show your old PSN for 30 days next to your new one NewName (oldname)

There are very few games will serious issues even those aren;t too bad tested games can be searched here https://www.playstation.com/en-ca/network/onlineid/games-list-home/.

My only issue was with MLB the Show 16 where it basically deleted my game profile, my saves were all still there so it wasn't even a big deal. I just had to redo all my difficulty settings, camera settings, preferences etc. I did lose a bunch of online related stuff and XP and what not but since the game is 4 years old now I only play my offline franchise now which is into the 2023 season lol.

Perfect. I don't give a 🤬 about MLB but for those that do thats useful info.

I'll pick a new PSN soon.

So I just changed my username while signed in to the PS4. I accepted their agreements and then it signed me out. I signed back in, started up Gran Turismo, and not a problem! Even my liveries that had my driver name applied changed automatically. Perfect. I've yet to play Fallout 76, which is not on any of their lists as of yet. I hope I didn't break it. It's okay though, I backed it all up.

Terrifying

What happens to my trophies+replays+saves for my GT5P+GT5+GT6? Guess I shouldn't change nick huh?

Last edited:
@DaigoD You mean absolutely everything remains+intact?

Stunning! I guess because they are essentially offline, but I also recall GT6 updating from ingame, I guess those are not possible no more?

@DaigoD You mean absolutely everything remains+intact?

I only checked GT6 as I don't have saves for the other games. Cars, money, replays and game progress are all there.

Stunning! I guess because they are essentially offline, but I also recall GT6 updating from ingame, I guess those are not possible no more?

I don't really know. I made sure that i have the latest version before the game went offline. I would think that it should be possible to download the latest patch from the general menu.

i felt like a cornball with 420 in my name tbh lol. i loved xbox 360 because instead of a ban I got to change my name for free if people reported me. I went through a bunch of names.

Pat McCrotch
Neil Anblomi
Harry Boughner
Dixon Yarmouth (Still my 360 name and lasted the longest)

i also managed to have an account named USA SUCKS **** with a different spelling of the censored word but it was swiftly reported in like 24 hours lmao. i used to just see how long ridiculous names would last lol.

I always thought "Harold Balzac" had a nice ring to it.

Hi all. I'm assuming by the comments here that there is no separate ID changing for GT Sport only? I'm interested in changing my GT Sport name without changing anything else; and of course I want to keep all my progress etc.

Hi all. I'm assuming by the comments here that there is no separate ID changing for GT Sport only? I'm interested in changing my GT Sport name without changing anything else; and of course I want to keep all my progress etc.

Not possible with this, unless GT Sport is updated to include an actual driver name/profile that shows separately from PSN ID it would change for all games.

iirc GT6 had the feature so you could set an in-game name separately from your psn name... I wish GTsport had that as well, I kinda hate when I race offline there’s the driver list with all these realistic names and then my psn name instead of my real name.

I was one of the few who got into the 2018 beta for PSN name changes, and GT Sport has still worked fine ever since.

Does this forum allow name changes, too? I haven't looked. 'Cause this place is the only one on the Net where I'm still known as Super Klonoa, whereas everywhere else, it's Lux Klonoa ("Lux" being Latin for light, btw).

Are trophies on PS3 affected? Or PS4?
On PS4, no.

Back