PS4 Technical Question

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
My Father recently bought a PS4 Pro and downloaded GT Sport. When I logged into the PS4 and opened my garage there were cars in there that I don't have the rights to drive and I'm not able to delete them. I'm assuming that this is because he downloaded a newer release of the game from the Playstation Store, hence the DLC car pack was slightly different.

I guess the only way to fix this will be to delete his copy of the game and re-download mine??

My Father recently bought a PS4 Pro and downloaded GT Sport. When I logged into the PS4 and opened my garage there were cars in there that I don't have the rights to drive and I'm not able to delete them. I'm assuming that this is because he downloaded a newer release of the game from the Playstation Store, hence the DLC car pack was slightly different.
It's nothing to do with a "newer release". All accounts on any console get access to all DLC purchased on any one account on that console, so long as that console is the Primary device for that account.

If he bought the Spec II version of the game, that comes with extra bonus cars.

I guess the only way to fix this will be to delete his copy of the game and re-download mine??
"Fix" is a subjective term, but - as it sounds like the two of you have separate PS4s - you can change the situation by not logging into your account on his console.

I’m confused, you’re saying you want less car options?

No, I'm saying when I logged into my dad's PS4 pro (with GT Sport already installed) there were cars in my garage that I couldn't click on. I didn't have the rights to the vehicles. I cant even delete them.

It's nothing to do with a "newer release". All accounts on any console get access to all DLC purchased on any one account on that console, so long as that console is the Primary device for that account.

If he bought the Spec II version of the game, that comes with extra bonus cars.

"Fix" is a subjective term, but - as it sounds like the two of you have separate PS4s - you can change the situation by not logging into your account on his console.

Ah - Spec II is what I meant by "newer release". Cheers

Okay, as his console is now my console, the only way for me to remove the cars with the annoying triangle is to delete his copy (spec II) and download my copy, correct? (they are dups anyway. It's just annoying).

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, as his console is now my console, the only way for me to remove the cars with the annoying triangle is to delete his copy (spec II) and download my copy, correct? (they are dups anyway. It's just annoying).
I need more information to be able to advise.

It sounds like he's bought himself a new console and plays on that, while you now have his old console. Is that right?

@Famine

My son plays on the PS4 most of the time. I let him use the a/c I buy all the games under (the a/c with all my payment details etc). When I got myself a second PS4 I decided to make my new console the primary one and then created a secondary a/c just for me.

When gave me his PS4 pro, I logged his user out, logged my user in (the one my son plays on), made it the new primary console, logged my secondary a/c in. Only GT sport was already on the console. I didn't bother to delete it as I was gonna be playing it anyway. So it would seem like it was spec II that was on the console.

I'm gonna have to delete this version and download mine.

Back