[PS4] Uncharted 4: A Thief's EndPS4 

• Thread starter gtone339
  • 410 comments
Survival Mode is complete garbage. All the enemies are bullet sponges, with the specials being capable of surviving several mags of 7.62X51mm to the face. What a joke... Naughty Dog should stick to single player, as they prove time and time again that that is all they're good at.

Since the update yesterday, it seems we now have (possibly) six hi-res images of the main characters ahead of the update that will allow us to use saved images as a background to the UI.

They appear for a few seconds each before the main menu screen. I've seen Ellena and Nadine but was too slow to capture them via screen shot. I do have Sully and Sam though.

Uncharted™ 4_ A Thief’s End_20170205152848 by Jim diGriz, on Flickr
Uncharted™ 4_ A Thief’s End_20170205152858 by Jim diGriz, on Flickr

Last edited:
These are the only other pictures I've found so far.
Uncharted™ 4_ A Thief’s End_20170207112612.png
Uncharted™ 4_ A Thief’s End_20170207112621.png
Uncharted™ 4_ A Thief’s End_20170207140507.png

Survival Mode is complete garbage. All the enemies are bullet sponges, with the specials being capable of surviving several mags of 7.62X51mm to the face. What a joke... Naughty Dog should stick to single player, as they prove time and time again that that is all they're good at.

What difficulty did you play on?

What difficulty did you play on?

Does it matter? I played it on the hardest difficulty excluding Crushing, as that one needs to be unlocked.
Enemies being bullet sponges can best be described as artificial difficulty. It doesn't increase the skill required, just the patience. It's what game developers resort to when they don't know how to make an actual difficult game. I love most of ND's games, but they haven't got the slightest clue about what makes a game genuinely difficult, as opposed to just making it cheap.

Does it matter? I played it on the hardest difficulty excluding Crushing, as that one needs to be unlocked.
Enemies being bullet sponges can best be described as artificial difficulty. It doesn't increase the skill required, just the patience. It's what game developers resort to when they don't know how to make an actual difficult game. I love most of ND's games, but they haven't got the slightest clue about what makes a game genuinely difficult, as opposed to just making it cheap.

Just asking. It just isn't my impression that they are bullet sponges. But on the harder difficulties, headshots are you friend.

Just asking. It just isn't my impression that they are bullet sponges. But on the harder difficulties, headshots are you friend.

I don't know the exact difficulty you play on, but how can you possibly say that they are not bullet sponges?
Being able to survive several headshots, or entire magazines to the body before dying, is the exact definition of being a bullet sponge. On the hardest difficulty (again, excluding Crushing), even the bolt action sniper rifle required 2 headshots in order to kill targets. Punching people somehow does more damage than medium caliber rifles...

I don't know the exact difficulty you play on, but how can you possibly say that they are not bullet sponges?
Being able to survive several headshots, or entire magazines to the body before dying, is the exact definition of being a bullet sponge. On the hardest difficulty (again, excluding Crushing), even the bolt action sniper rifle required 2 headshots in order to kill targets. Punching people somehow does more damage than medium caliber rifles...

Well if you went directly to hard, then you did so with the lvl 1 guns. Of course that's gonna raise the amount of hits it's gonna take to bring the enemies down. Is that not the way with pretty much all games. You start out with the weakest weapons to start out with on the easiest difficulties, and then as you progress through the game, and the enemies get tougher, your weapons get more powerful.

Well if you went directly to hard, then you did so with the lvl 1 guns. Of course that's gonna raise the amount of hits it's gonna take to bring the enemies down. Is that not the way with pretty much all games. You start out with the weakest weapons to start out with on the easiest difficulties, and then as you progress through the game, and the enemies get tougher, your weapons get more powerful.

But that is just artificial difficulty meant to force you to grind the lower levels. I stand by what I said. I find the survival mode to be a complete waste of time, which wouldn't bother me, if it didn't also add trophies to the trophy set. So now my 100% completion is down to 87% :(

It's trivial, I know, but it annoys me so much.

But that is just artificial difficulty meant to force you to grind the lower levels. I stand by what I said. I find the survival mode to be a complete waste of time, which wouldn't bother me, if it didn't also add trophies to the trophy set. So now my 100% completion is down to 87% :(

It's trivial, I know, but it annoys me so much.

Please explain to me what none artificial difficulty is then?

Please explain to me what none artificial difficulty is then?

Having AI that actually works together, and exercises self preservation? Guns just being deadlier all together?

Right now, it's just swarms of bullet sponges lacking any real AI.

If it's 10 hours long and comes with the MP it isn't too bad, Lost Legacy's campaign looks a similar length to something like Resident Evil 7 and people were happy to pay full price for that. The price is spot on imo.

Only got this yesterday and spent a lot of time taking photos, but from the initial level as young Nate on the rooftops and then the prison yard brawl, I can already appreciate just how great a title this is.

I've actually bought and never played UC2 and 3, so this is my actual first entry to the series.

Back