PS5 CompatibilityPS4 

Sick_Cylinder
Does anyone know whether AC will be playable on the PS5? Has there been any announcement? If so will cross generational online play be possible as recently announced for Dirt 5?

Thanks for any guidance!

Does anyone know whether AC will be playable on the PS5? Has there been any announcement? If so will cross generational online play be possible as recently announced for Dirt 5?

Thanks for any guidance!
I´ve seen a more or less official list of PS4 games that were not playable on PS5 and AC, was not include in such list... so... figure it out, Cyl....

Thanks for any guidance!
On ps store ac, acc and pc2 are all listed as playable on ps5.
Also playable are seb loeb, dirt rally, motogp19, that’s as far as I checked, but looking good for our sims so far.

On ps store ac, acc and pc2 are all listed as playable on ps5.
Also playable are seb loeb, dirt rally, motogp19, that’s as far as I checked, but looking good for our sims so far.

Thanks very much Frankie and @Mirror_man - I recently went back to AC after skipping PC3 and this time round I am really loving it! I discovered how to create my own offline championships and am addicted to racing the Maserati 250F straight 6 and V12 F1 cars - they feel very authentic around the Highlands layouts and other tracks without kerbs with superb FFB through my wheel.

I have been wondering this ... & also wondering if AC will look better on the PS5, as (from what I understand) it looks better on a (good) PC? This would be a bonus. As far as I'm concerned, AC looks fine on a standard PS4, but a little more eye candy would still be a welcome addition. Same with PCars2 - it looks pretty bad on my PS4, but I'm assuming it will look a lot better on a PS5?

Really afraid about compatibility of AC on PS5. On PS Store, it says :
When playing on PS5, this game may exhibit errors or unexpected behaviour and some features available on PS4 may be absent. To play this game on PS5, your system may need to be updated to the latest system software. See PlayStation.com/bc for more details.

And for ACC it says :
To play this game on PS5, your system may need to be updated to the latest system software. Although this game is playable on PS5, some features available on PS4 may be absent. See PlayStation.com/bc for more details.

Let see which kind of errors will be.
With ACC, it's the game I play most on PS4, i really think to cancel my PS5 pre order if i can't play well !

If some of you will have the ps5 on 12th, please make us a report !

Last edited:
Seems like a standard disclaimer on all PS4 bc titles, most likely drawn up by legal team rather than devs.
Keeps them safe throughout the early stages of operating system as that will be constantly updated to account for any unforeseen glitches that may occur.

In short, I wouldn’t read into it too much, nor panic about cancelling ps5.

Last edited:
Seems like a standard disclaimer on all PS4 bc titles, most likely drawn up by legal team rather than devs.
Keeps them safe throughout the early stages of operating system as that will be constantly updated to account for any unforeseen glitches that may occur.

In short, I wouldn’t read into it too much, nor panic about cancelling ps5.

I think Frankie is correct! Also I would expect people always to be operating their PlayStation on the latest system software!

As a T500RS user, ACC is a complete nonstarter on the PS4, so what happens on the PS5 will be critical. I'm giving some serious consideration to going the PC route, which would open up all the AC mods, which frankly are more appealing to me than ACC.

I comeback to assetto too. How good is this game! Altough i didn't manage to pre order a ps 5, i really look for it, hoping to play both assettos in better performance!

Last edited:
I have been wondering this ... & also wondering if AC will look better on the PS5, as (from what I understand) it looks better on a (good) PC?

It's doubtful that AC on a PS5 will look as good as it does on a good PC, not because the PS5 isn't capable of it, but because a large part of the reason AC can look like this on PC...

Screenshot_austin_mini_cooper_s_1000_oulton_park_29-8-120-23-4-10.jpg

...is down to the Sol and Custom Shaders Pack Mods. Which will not be something AC on Playstation will be able to take advantage of.

Last edited:
I questioned this over on the PC2 thread, wondering if the SX version would add auto hdr to AC & PC1, but not sure if auto hdr is only available for the original XB or 360 games.

It's doubtful that AC on a PS5 will look as good as it does on a good PC, not because the PS5 isn't capable of it, but because a large part of the reason AC can look like this on PC...

View attachment 971081

...is down to the Sol and Custom Shaders Pack Mods. Which will not be something AC on Playstation will be able to take advantage of.
Yeah,I'm going PC in the new year. The mod's for this game are amazing.

Last edited:
Allows you to enjoy the real PC3 as well (AMS2) and don't forget that RFactor 2 is a mod fest as well.
Yeah,there are so many better games on PC. Sad Slightly Mad made that piece of garbage it just served up. AMS2 looks really good.

Yeah,there are so many better games on PC. Sad Slightly Mad made that piece of garbage it just served up. AMS2 looks really good.
Oh it is, really good, and so much more awaits.

I'm in part, honestly kicking myself for waiting as long as I did.

Installed SimHub a few nights ago and my tactile rig is even better now its telemetry driven, cost me a £10 donation for the software and its free to try, add in cheap older titles such as Race 07, GT Legends, RBR, etc and it's just so much to do. I haven't had a back catalogue this big for a long, long time.

Oh it is, really good, and so much more awaits.

I'm in part, honestly kicking myself for waiting as long as I did.

Installed SimHub a few nights ago and my tactile rig is even better now its telemetry driven, cost me a £10 donation for the software and its free to try, add in cheap older titles such as Race 07, GT Legends, RBR, etc and it's just so much to do. I haven't had a back catalogue this big for a long, long time.
I still have my copy of Nascar 2003 by Sierra Papyrus. I wonder if that still works. That game was awesome. It's basically what spawned IRacing.

PS5 is mine since 2 days now !
I have played 2h this morning on Assetto Corsa, and everything is fine ! My T-GT and T-LCM are fully functionnal.
It's the only PS4 game I have where a warning message is showed at launch "this PS4 game can have an unexpected behaviour", but nothing special happens during playing, no crash, bug, and online is accessible.
PS4 save is working, just copy it on your PS5 before installing the game.
Loading times are slighty better.
Forced HDR is on, it makes a little change on colours, like more "real", OK for me.
And the best for the end, frame rates drop have totally disapear. On my PS4 Pro I was unable to play Ultimate Event #76, Audi TT Cup on Red Bull Ring, 24 cars. On my PS5, it's totally smooth !!
So, at this time, it's perfect !!!

Not the rigth thread for that, but ACC is totally playable now, frame rate is perfect !!

I have played 2h this morning on Assetto Corsa, and everything is fine ! My T-GT and T-LCM are fully functionnal.
It's the only PS4 game I have where a warning message is showed at launch "this PS4 game can have an unexpected behaviour", but nothing special happens during playing, no crash, bug, and online is accessible.
Forced HDR is on, it makes a little change on colours, like more "real", OK for me.
And the best for the end, frame rates drop have totally disapear. On my PS4 Pro I was unable to play Ultimate Event #76, Audi TT Cup on Red Bull Ring, 24 cars. On my PS5, it's totally smooth !!

Not the rigth thread for that, but ACC is totally playable now, frame rate is perfect !!

Thank you for posting - nice to read your impressions!

It´a pitty that it has nt a special upgrade for PS5. allowing the game to have the VR mode has it has on PC (it´s probaby one of the best (if not the best) VR racing games on Pc...

Last edited:
It´a pitty that it has nt a special upgrade for PS5. allowing the game to have the VR mode has it has on PC (it´s probaby one of the best (if not the best) VR racing games on Pc...

Too few people play AC on PS4 / PS5, and now, it's ACC.
We can hope specific PS5 upgrades for ACC, but AC is dead on console ....
Sometimes I'm thinking to buy a mid-range PC only to play AC and its modes.

I woul dn t call it Dead.. more like into induced comma... but something like that, coulfd very well revive it...

Last edited:
Ac may well be dead on Xbox, but over on PS4 there’s still plenty playing it.
It’s been on my rota ever since release along with pc2, acc and dr2.0 and will be one of the first onto my ps5 when that time comes.

Sim titles aren’t like regular game releases in that their played to a finish then moved on from, at least in the case of people that primarily sim race.

I2ve played AC on PC last 2 years, and i comed back to PS4pro, because if you want good looking AC on PC with CSP and SOL, you"ll need good PC performance too. And that"s wide more expensive than PS5. But if you want mods that"s anotjer thing. It"s countless. What i liked most is all possible world circuits availible and some of them from different periods.

It's mods ... not modes. Why? Who the hell knows? Unlike the French, the English decided not to bother much with consistent spelling & grammar rules. :dopey:

Back