PS5 console covers painting/skins?

Finland
Finland
Hi all.

I'm not sure if there is an existing thread for this or not, tried searching but nothing came out.

Anyways, I recently ordered a PS5 disc version with the white covers.

What I would like to know is has anyone tried painting the stock covers or bought skins for them?

I'm thinking about turning the covers to some shade of green, but dunno what method to use.

Can anyone share their experiences regarding painting or skins and maybe post links to the place where they bought the skins.

And if there is an existing thread for discussing these things, I'm more then happy for mods to remove/merge this thread with it.

Last edited:
A friend of mine plasti-dipped his panels in a matte black finish, then applied a vinyl skin to the center area. It came out really well and plasti-dip comes off fairly easily if you peel it.

I bought new faceplates for my PS5 a long time ago, before the official ones came out, and love them, but now with 20/20 hindsight I would've got the blue pattern for down the centre section to go with the blue start up lights. dbrand do have different colour lights available too but I'm not that interested in changing them.

PS5.jpg

Mine are an older model from dbrand. Their new ones look to be even better, but they're a tad expensive, but they're very well packaged and very high quality: https://dbrand.com/playstation-skins

Last edited:
Back