PS5 Direct Drive Wheel/Pedals Dilemma

• Thread starter Mr Latte
  • 10 comments

Mr Latte

Premium
United Kingdom
N Ireland
Hi folks....
So with renewed excitement for GT7 in 2023 with VR and now the ability to also enjoy options from Simhub for tactile, dash, wind etc. I expect some may be considering in having a dedicated PS5 racing setup or adapting their cockpits to support PS5 and GT7.

Like me, some of you may be looking to determine what is the direction to go with the wheel and pedals.
Ideally, I would like to use one of the PC solutions to enable me to choose whatever rims I want and use with this whatever pedals I want.

Yet to do this, requires some form of adapter, okay thats something I would be willing to buy.
The problem is I can't seem to find info or videos that relate to the drawbacks in how well this works or issues limitations it may have compared to buying a Fanatec DD or Logitech G Pro package. You see, for me, I don't want to compromise on the potential performance of the experience from officially supported products. Yet I do like the idea of being able to use high-end PC based sim hardware.

What is not clear is the compromises or how these scenarios compete or compare regards playing and experiencing GT7.

Questions:
1. Regards the adapters/accessories to enable other wheel/pedals, do these nerf the FFB or limit the experience compared to official partner/supported hardware?

2. What is deemed to be the best performance steering wheel for GT7 with official support?

3. Is the Logitech G Pro able to be used with high-end PC pedals on PS5 with some form of converter/adapter?

4. If an adapter needs to be purchased for the best configuration what is the best adapter to use?

5. Do we have any forum members that are in or have been through this same situation trying to decide what to do?

Last edited:
Much confusion surrounding this, that I cant seem to find easy answers too.

Firstly Adapters:

Drivehub
Will this enable compatibility to use PC-based pedals with Logitech G Pro?
Are there any other alternatives known to enable the G Pro to be used on PS5 and especially GT7.
I would like better pedals than G Pro offers.

Brook Ras1ution 2
I understand this lets other wheels be used on the PS5 but not certain how much it may reduce the performance of feedback compared to an officially supported wheel.

Alternatively, if someone buys an officially supported Logitech/Fanatec wheelbase does this let the user use PC based USB pedals, if so which?

Fanatec DD1 / DD2
I do not know if this is a better performing wheel than the G Pro for PS5, any comparisons or user views on both compared?
It at least has different rim options (available now), but in using other pedals it may require some form of adapter. The V3 (while getting old) does however look better than the Logitech pedals. Any thoughts or feedback on this?

* I no longer see the PS5-based DD1 as an option, the new smaller wheelbase with 8Nm seems now to be their best PS5 option.

Logitech G Pro
Is this just the best-performing wheelbase for GT 7?
Tru Force seems hit/miss but as some will know, I am making and sharing nice tactile effects for GT7.

Last edited:
On researching and looking for answers, some useful videos I found.
Appreciate if people want to share additional videos they seen.

Been a while since this video was made, so it still leaves me with questions on how well this performs to official wheelbase/pedals
So unsure if this is the best solution or approach while it does let us achieve usage of PC hardware to be used
Appreciate any feedback...

Unsure if PS5 usage or experience differs

Last edited:
Brook Ras1ution 2
I understand this lets other wheels be used on the PS5 but not certain how much it may reduce the performance of feedback compared to an officially supported wheel.
According to the description of this adapter does not support Logitech G Pro and only supports Fanatec CSL Elite base.
It's strange to me that you spend a lot of money on products that are not officially licensed.

Last edited:
According to the description of this adapter does not support Logitech G Pro and only supports Fanatec CSL Elite base.
It's strange to me that you spend a lot of money on products that are not officially licensed.
Yes but thats a new wheel, not sure if they updated the website or if like you say we can confirm its not supported.
I guess I can contact them *if adapter solutions while being compatible do not bring specific loss in usage.

The Drivehub website doesn't even list PS5 so again more confusion.

Just to confirm, I've not spent a penny yet on wheel/pedal hardware, the thread is seeking to determine what is the best performance wheel and pedals solution we can achieve for GT7 that ALSO doesn't bring compromises compared to the officially licensed hardware.

I can't see any comparisons or info on a wheel like the Logitech G Pro compared to PC hardware using Drivehub or other adapters.

Last edited:
Same dilemna here, in an ideal world I would use my Accuforce and HE Sprint pedals for GT7 on PS5 but its just not possible. I ended up going with a separate cockpit, Next Level Racing F-GT, Fanatec GT DD Pro and Fanatec CSLs with load cell. Definitely very good, but not as good as what I have on PC.

I'm currently running the fanatec csl dd (pc & Xbox) with the v3 pedals and Mclaren GT3 V2 wheel. I use a drivehub and this allows me to use ps5, Xbox and pc. You do need a wired ps4 controller for it to all work

I had originally gotten the drivehub so I could use the fanatec pedals with the logitech g29 wheelbase, which worked very well.

I then upgraded to the fanatec CSL DD.

With the drivehub, I could also use heusinkveld pedals. Although it seems its easier with sprints rather than ultimates (something about the interface) so I might go with sprints.

This will be after I get my new to me audio sorted out ( I'm having issues with certain cars having a booming/droning sound) I'm trying to clean up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230301_063151_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230301_063151_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 15
I'm currently running the fanatec csl dd (pc & Xbox) with the v3 pedals and Mclaren GT3 V2 wheel. I use a drivehub and this allows me to use ps5, Xbox and pc. You do need a wired ps4 controller for it to all work

I had originally gotten the drivehub so I could use the fanatec pedals with the logitech g29 wheelbase, which worked very well.

I then upgraded to the fanatec CSL DD.
Any reason why you didn't go for the DD Pro wheelbase instead which is natively compatible with PS4 & 5?

Any reason why you didn't go for the DD Pro wheelbase instead which is natively compatible with PS4 & 5?
The main reason was that at launch you could only get the bundle, wheel pedals and base. I already had the better pedals (v3's) and really wasn't a fan of wheel that came with the DD Pro. And since I was already running the DriveHub was a no brainer.

Mr Latte. My advice. Stop the search. Logitech GPro set is what you are looking for.
Order, wait for as long as it takes and be very happy once the set is in and you made the right choice.

Mr Latte. My advice. Stop the search. Logitech GPro set is what you are looking for.
Order, wait for as long as it takes and be very happy once the set is in and you made the right choice.
I have one coming….
Will be here hopefully next week.

Latest Posts

Back