PS5 Duelsense Settings

• Thread starter JIMMAK
  • 13 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Any help from some talented GT7 racers on recommended PS5 dualsense settings?

I notice on sport mode some profiles on Top 10 are controller users... Impressive!

I assume Transmission Manual, Traction Control 0, ABS default and Countersteering Off?

What about Controller Steering Sensitivity and Tigger Effect Accelerator / Brake?

Appreciate any comments!

Thanks

These are mine, i mostly think it's just personal preference though.

Transmission: Automatic (Sometimes i switch to Manual.)
Traction Control: 0
ABS: Weak
Countersteering: Off
Controller Steering Sensitivity: 8
Triggereffect Gas and Brake: Powerful

EDIT:

Welcome to GTPlanet, by the way! :)

Last edited:
These are mine, i mostly think it's just personal preference though.

Transmission: Automatic (Sometimes i switch to Manual.)
Traction Control: 0
ABS: Weak
Countersteering: Off
Controller Steering Sensitivity: 8
Triggereffect Gas and Brake: Powerful

EDIT:

Welcome to GTPlanet, by the way! :)
Thank you. Do you manage to pull off competative laps on Auto? I'll try the other settings see how they feel.

Thank you. Do you manage to pull off competative laps on Auto? I'll try the other settings see how they feel.
Also more personal preference, but i can imagine Manual is faster. For me, good enough on Automatic. But it was a long time ago i raced in Sports mode, so not sure how it is at the moment. But all my Circuit Experiences by example are also on Automatic Transmission so it's still good.

I have always used X to accelerate and R2 to brake. The issue with this is that Groups 1,2 & 3 are nigh on impossible to drive without any TCS due to spin-up on acceleration.

I can’t find a way to resolve this. Tried all the assists in various combinations and it still persists. Old school gamer and have found it tough to use different button assignments.

Brake trigger set to weak effect.

I do change the sensitivity dependant upon car & track.

Last edited:
TC - 0
ABS - 0
Counter steering - Off
Trigger effect on accel only - weak
Everything else default

For me this feels so natural and so much better than a wheel.
In essence I'm doing left foot braking but using the left and right triggers to control speed and torque through corners. My laps times around Spa are 3 seconds quicker using my pad vs my G29 wheel and pedals.
You can tell the game has been built around the duel sense controllers so very little tweaking is needed. Just good driving.

I notice on sport mode some profiles on Top 10 are controller users... Impressive!
Where can you see this information? I've looked for it, but wasn't able to find it.

I'm also interested in controller settings used by good players (say, a DR of A). Every A or better rated YouTuber or streamer that I've watched uses a wheel, but I'm still reluctant to buy one at this point in time (I don't really have the space/setup for it right now), so I'll be sticking with the controller for a while.

I'm still reluctant to buy one at this point in time (I don't really have the space/setup for it right now), so I'll be sticking with the controller for a while.
I had the same problem. Really wanted a wheel but didn't had the space for it. On recommendation from other members on the forum i bought a G29 steering wheel in combination with the Wheel Stand Pro.

49F65DD7-6827-43B1-B3AE-F5993EEA4056.jpeg

C8DFD1B9-A263-45DA-B2DA-3363C8FC0992.jpeg

I have always used X to accelerate and R2 to brake. The issue with this is that Groups 1,2 & 3 are nigh on impossible to drive without any TCS due to spin-up on acceleration.

I can’t find a way to resolve this. Tried all the assists in various combinations and it still persists. Old school gamer and have found it tough to use different button assignments.

That'll be using X for acceleration.

Back on the PS3 the X button was pressure sensitive, it isn't anymore. As such your accelerator is on or off, no in between. If you can get used to using the L2 brake and R2 accelerate combination you will have much more granular control over the accelerator.

For example, when driving a real car you're not at full throttle or no throttle 100% of the time, you use the throttle gently in corners, accelerating mid corner and so on.

I have both triggers set to weak - I've found the feedback is really useful but you don't want to be fighting them all the time like you do on strong.

The move to MT made a big difference too, makes it so much easier to control turn in & torque on the way out of corners. If you turn it on & try the Nurburgring CE - you'll have it by the time you get to the end.

I switched from X and Square to Triggers (and MT) last week - I also reset my progress on GT7 (well created a new account actually to do it all over again and relearn it all over again). I had virtually everything Gold save for a few CE's which I was yet to start

I know it's very difficult to give up something you're comfortable with (trust me!) but it's taken me a week today and I'd say I'm about 90% as effective as I was (in a week) - having completed all Menus and Golding all licenses again up to S-1 and most of the missions up to Gone with the Wind.

Would definitely recommend making the switch as it has also enabled me to eliminate reliance on TC as you can modulate throttle input to manage spinning up the back end.

Give it a go - it'll feel retarded at first (quite literally) but it's second nature in barely a week!

My Settings are default/recommended.

No Assists (have used TC1 on the MFD for the worst cars like the F12 Berlinetta but on TC0 by default)

ABS default

Both triggers strong. I like the hydraulic feel of the haptics, especially for the brake. I also enjoy the feedback of the accelerator when you, say, lose traction and the trigger goes light - the strong feedback helps with "feel" and immersion.

Last edited:
I would like to decrease sensitivity on the gas trigger, i can't find anything. Don't tell me this game lacks even basic things like this.....

Back