PS5 First Ever Wheel Recommendations

• Thread starter grp__kta
  • 11 comments
England
England
Hye guys

Sorry if this has been covered,

I am a controller player high B low A rank (gt7) looking to switch to wheel and pedals,

What would be a good starter wheel? I keep getting told the G29 is the best starter wheel so was going to go for that but though id do more due diligence first so if anyone has any other options it would be appreciated or if i was already onto a winner let me know!

Thank you

It depends on your budget and situation. I bought a G923 (XBox) and stand for £400 as I thought that was a good entry point. I will never go back to racing with a controller. Now I'm thinking about upgrading the wheel and pedals but I'm seeing posts about issues with more expensive ones I'm put off. Mine worked out of the box, may need some tweaking for some games but rarely gives me issues (WRC Gen excepted). I can't comment on PS but it's the best thing I have bought for my XBox.

It depends on your budget and situation. I bought a G923 (XBox) and stand for £400 as I thought that was a good entry point.
Way too expensive for your first wheel, unless you're rich. G29 is a better first step, you can find it really cheap these days and it shouldn't be much worse.

As a long time user of Logitech wheels, I'd recommend them. However the T248 is a newer design that has a belt and gear system so is potentially smoother in operation. Importantly it also has magnetic pedal and paddle sensors (HALL effect) which are superior to the pots and switches in the G29 - and won't need cleaning. The brake pedal has adjustable tension too.

The built in display looks interesting as well.

Reliability wise, I've never had any problems with my Logitech wheels - other than having to clean out the potentiometers. They've been great for what I need.

If I was choosing now it'd be tricky! Shame you can't try before you buy.

Edit. The one thing I'd add is that you do need a secure mount for a wheel. Either a sturdy desk or some sort of rig.

Last edited:
Thrustmaster has allways had a lot of reliability issues so wouldnt recommend them. Although the belt system is nicer than the Logitech gear system

I feel like the G29 is the ideal starter wheel. It has old tech but it will most likely outlast any of it’s competitors.

Yeah, I'd also go for a Logitech. Probably the best for the start to get used to. In the end you may find you don't like it much or don't use it as often as thought, so spending more as a starter wouldn't be great. You can always upgrade later.

I don't really know anything about the T248 though so can't really compare to that

Back