PS5 not charging headsets in rest mode.

• Thread starter ICEYOU3
  • 13 comments

ICEYOU3

(Banned)
United States
Selatapura, Usea
I own a PlayStation Gold and Platinum headset. A few days ago I tried charging my Headsets along with my Dualshock 3 controllers on my PS5 while in rest mode and the devices never took the charge. Has anyone else noticed this? Will Sony ever address/patch this issue? It's such a little, big problem ya know? The fact that the console isn't charging Sony branded headsets is asinine!

Last edited:
Doesn't do it on PS5, didn't do it on PS4 either. Both systems have to be on to charge headsets.

My platinum headset would charge in rest mode with the PS4, but I have noticed the same issue the OP has brought up. PS5 will charge the controllers but not the headset.

Last edited:
Not had this problem as yet.Both my ds4 and duelsense charge when in rest mode,always have done.Havent got a headset so cant say about that,hopefully you get it sorted with another update.

My platinum headset would charge in rest mode with the PS4, but I have noticed the same issue the OP has brought up. PS5 will charge the controllers but not the headset.
And the thing is that it was charging my equipment in restmode before the last update.

Doesn't do it on PS5, didn't do it on PS4 either. Both systems have to be on to charge headsets.
No my PS4 charged all my devices during rest mode, the trick is that you have plug in all your stuff before setting the console to rest.

It's so weird... While in rest mode it'll charge my phone via micro usb, but it will not charge my headsets that also use micro usb! I guess this is something Sony will have to address via a patch, it shouldn't be a problem to begin with honestly.

Last edited by a moderator:
No my PS4 charged all my devices during rest mode, the trick is that you have plug in all your stuff before setting the console to rest.

It's so weird... While in rest mode it'll charge my phone via micro usb, but it will not charge my headsets that also use micro usb! I guess this is something Sony will have to address via a patch, it shouldn't be a problem to begin with honestly.

Micro USB on the PS5? I thought that was data only.

Micro USB on the PS5? I thought that was data only.
There's still plenty of devices that use Micro for charging. Sony is giving me the option to have it repaired, but I'm not sure at the moment because I believe they will just replace the console instead of actually diagnosing what's causing the issue.

I think I'm better off waiting for a patch.

FWIW I’m using the USB on the front. Haven’t tried the ones on the back but don’t see them working.

but I'm not sure at the moment because I believe they will just replace the console instead of actually diagnosing what's causing the issue.

That's standard practice in consumer electronics repair, has been for decades. Why would you prefer to have a malfunctioning console over one that is physically identical but not the same when the data can be transferred?

That's standard practice in consumer electronics repair, has been for decades. Why would you prefer to have a malfunctioning console over one that is physically identical but not the same when the data can be transferred?

Because I believe this is a software issue and I'm not the only one who this has happened to. I'll wait for Sony to drop a patch.

I know this post is a little old but I was also having this issue with my platinum headset, and found a solution that works for me. I’ve found that if I leave my headset ON while it’s plugged in, it will charge in rest mode. Hope that helps lol

I know this post is a little old but I was also having this issue with my platinum headset, and found a solution that works for me. I’ve found that if I leave my headset ON while it’s plugged in, it will charge in rest mode. Hope that helps lol
Hmm Ill try it thx!

Latest Posts

Back