PS5 upgrade

• Thread starter hyperman27
  • 7 comments
I finally was able to get a reasonably priced used PS5. I have the PS4 disc, so it is my understanding that I just insert the disc and it will ask me if I want to upgrade? After the upgrade do I have to load saved game data from my PS4 to the PS5?

I finally was able to get a reasonably priced used PS5. I have the PS4 disc, so it is my understanding that I just insert the disc and it will ask me if I want to upgrade? After the upgrade do I have to load saved game data from my PS4 to the PS5?
If you have the PS4 version on disc, you need a PS5 console with a disc drive to upgrade to the PS5 digital version. PS4 game discs can’t be used with the PS5 Digital Edition.

Make sure your using the same account on both PS4/PS5.

Games saves are server base so as long as you log into the same account on PS5 as you was using on PS4 the save will automatic transfer over.👍

After the upgrade do I have to load saved game data from my PS4 to the PS5?
Games saves are server base so as long as you log into the same account on PS5 as you was using on PS4 the save will automatic transfer over.👍
That is almost correct, they dont trasnsfer, as there is nothing to transfer ;)
GT7 save game data (progress) is server based and doesnt differentiate between PS4 or PS5, it really is using "the very same data".

Some things are stored on the local storage, but I dont know of what kind these information are (liveries? replays?)

Question OP didn't you ask this same question already?

:lol:

OK so I did the upgrade and I see a PS5 and PS4 version in my storage area and each takes around 130GB. Can I delete the PS4 version or that needs to be there? I understand I have to insert the PS4 disc in the PS4 to play it

Last edited:
All data that is requried has to be located in the PS5 marked files.
The "only PS5" disc game version is of the same size (121.5GB), without any PS4 data to rely on.
1717139349150.png

As long as both data are present, you still can also start the PS4 version of the game (which in same cases of games is a seperate version). In this case you can select which version to start
1717139761747.png

From there "select Version" and then (it would say installed instead of download here)
1717139689091.png

Back