Ps5 xbsx xbss Complaints .

• Thread starter Novalee
  • 60 comments
What's up with the surreal, creepy and annoying background music on the PS5? Same garbage that was on the PS4. I couldnt disable it soon enough.

:lol: The strings when you first boot it up are a bit spooky sounding aren't they? I don't mind it once it's switched on but then I usually leave a game selected to listen to the music from that instead (if it has it)

That's just a clickbait title on that article. It's not just the DS5 (according to the video/article) because Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo all use that same off the shelf part and have for some time.

My DS4 with exactly the same part in it has lasted well over 417 hours of use without experiencing any issues whatsoever and I think it's pretty safe to say many others (using all three different brands) have had a similar experience to me.

If anything I would think the haptic triggers of the DS5 would be most likely weak link (in both wear and breakage) in the DS5. I've noticed certain functions of the haptics have already been toned down since launch in Astro's Playroom, most notably the one armed bandit style lever and the crushing mechanism on the Gatcha Game (I think that's what it's called).

My DS4 with exactly the same part in it has lasted well over 417 hours of use

Yep, I've got two DualShock 4s each with well over this amount of use with no stick drift, because the 417 hour figure has some major flaws. How are they defining what a cycle is? How are they then mapping that definition to actual controller use? You also have to consider that the rated cycle life of a component doesn't mean it'll die immediately once those cycles have been reached and there are also derating factors (I haven't read up on what they are but all devices have them) that will affect the real world figure.

That's not to say the sticks don't have serious flaws, though, and Sony at least has been aware of the flaws of potentiometer sticks since the PS3 - the DualShock 3 had hall effect (magnetic) sticks that didn't suffer from mechanical wear (to the sensors themselves - no carbon track to wear out) or contamination, although the spring was still a weakpoint and still caused drift. This has always been a problem and will always be a problem to some degree, you physically can't make a stick that will never develop a drift problem.

The solution has to be replaceable sticks or much cheaper, more recyclable controllers. My money is on the former because it's the best way to spin this problem into a way to make more money, they could even sell sticks with different spring rates as a "pro" feature.

Last edited:
A couple of years use out of a controller for 60 quid seems reasonable to me. Are people expecting them to last the same as the console?

My original DS3 that came with my PS3 is still running perfectly fine, I bought the Slim 250gb at launch October 2009 so just over 11 years ago. I do expect a controller to last as long. In fact it's the dvd drive that broke 1st on the console.

Last edited:
Not sure if you peeps can help out, but playing GTSport on my Ps5 is really great. However the replays look worse because of the 30 frames per second. Cant’t help but think it looks worse than on my ps4. Is there anyway to have the replays with 60fps on ps5?

Not sure if you peeps can help out, but playing GTSport on my Ps5 is really great. However the replays look worse because of the 30 frames per second. Cant’t help but think it looks worse than on my ps4. Is there anyway to have the replays with 60fps on ps5?
I think they Replays are locked to 30 FPS on PS5 at the moment.

Not being able to change the background on the ps5 menu... I know this was added late in the ps4’s lifetime, so why let is out of ps5? Playing ghost of tsushima, making photo’s seems irrelevant now. I wish I could use those for my background.

My only gripe so far is not being able to output sound through two different sources on the PS5. When I'm using my new 3D wireless headphones I can't run my Buttkicker. :irked:

It’s really annoying not having the optical audio port on the PS5. I play on an epson home cinema, and due to my setup in the man cave I can only use use my headphones to get sound atm.

Last edited:
It’s really annoying not having the optical audio port on the PS5. Due to my setup in the man cave I can only use use my headphones to get sound atm.
It is indeed. I'm running PS5 to a tv (via HDMI) that has a headphone jack so atm I split the signal from the tv to run PC speakers and my Buttkicker, but once I use the headphones that option is gone. So I'm left with a choice that is far from ideal no matter which way I go, either annoy the household or lose immersion.

It is indeed. I'm running PS5 to a tv (via HDMI) that has a headphone jack so atm I split the signal from the tv to run PC speakers and my Buttkicker, but once I use the headphones that option is gone. So I'm left with a choice that is far from ideal no matter which way I go, either annoy the household or lose immersion.

I have the ps5 hdmi plugged into a projector. But now I need to figure out if I can use another hdmi or usb cable to go from the projector to the stereo receiver to get sound. If that doesn’t work then my only option is buying a new tv.

My ps4 had the optic audio going straight to the stereo receiver so this was not a problem.

I have the ps5 hdmi plugged into a projector. But now I need to figure out if I can use another hdmi or usb cable to go from the projector to the stereo receiver to get sound. If that doesn’t work then my only option is buying a new tv.

My ps4 had the optic audio going straight to the stereo receiver so this was not a problem.
My only hope is a patch.

Could you use a HDMI splitter from the PS5 so you could output to both?

My only hope is a patch.

Could you use a HDMI splitter from the PS5 so you could output to both?

Not sure im not very tech savvy. I only use this setup because the previous owners of this house left it here.

Not sure im not very tech savvy. I only use this setup because the previous owners of this house left it here.
I've used splitters a couple of times before but I think what would be optimal doesn't exist atm (according to some digging around I've done on google, HDMI 2.1 splitter). I think this could possibly work for me too but like you I'm just not tech savvy enough.

Edit: Just a thought @MikeV27, Do you have HDMI eARC ports on your receiver and projector? If you do you can use these.

Last edited:
Another thing I've just learnt, if you plug a USB3 hdd into the back of your PS5 you can't plug the 3D pulse headset dongle into the back or it will have constant drop outs. So I have to plug either the hdd or the dongle into the front. Where do I plug my wheel (as they like to be in the front port)?

What I've noticed in this thread is a lot of complaints aimed at the PS5. I'm genuinely interested to know of any issues or concerns people are having with the XSX.

Another thing I've just learnt, if you plug a USB3 hdd into the back of your PS5 you can't plug the 3D pulse headset dongle into the back or it will have constant drop outs. So I have to plug either the hdd or the dongle into the front. Where do I plug my wheel (as they like to be in the front port)?

I don't have a wheel but I do have multiple devices plugged in on the front of my PS5, I just bought a standard USB extension slot stick and plug it into the PS5 and it recognised my USB keyboard and the wireless dongle for the PS5 Wireless headset/controller charging cable.

I don't have a wheel but I do have multiple devices plugged in on the front of my PS5, I just bought a standard USB extension slot stick and plug it into the PS5 and it recognised my USB keyboard and the wireless dongle for the PS5 Wireless headset/controller charging cable.
Unfortunately wheels don't like to be plugged into USB hubs.

Edit: Disregard my comment above. I just tried my wheel and headset in an USB hub in the front port and it worked.

Last edited:
What I've noticed in this thread is a lot of complaints aimed at the PS5. I'm genuinely interested to know of any issues or concerns people are having with the XSX.
The only issue I have with my XSX is the quick start function. When it works it's brilliant and when they say quick it is, but some games are flaky with it internet connection wise.

For example Battlefield 4, when I start via quick start it has lost its internet connection and the only way I can get it to reconnect is quit out to the main menu, totally close the game and restart it. There may be a setting or something I'm missing but as games load so much quicker anyway I haven't bothered to look for a fix

The only issue I have with my XSX is the quick start function. When it works it's brilliant and when they say quick it is, but some games are flaky with it internet connection wise.

For example Battlefield 4, when I start via quick start it has lost its internet connection and the only way I can get it to reconnect is quit out to the main menu, totally close the game and restart it. There may be a setting or something I'm missing but as games load so much quicker anyway I haven't bothered to look for a fix
I don't think that's a Series X issue. That happens with any game that has to connect to a server in one way or another, regardless of console I think - If you're gone for a prolonged amount of time, it severs the connection.

It happens to me on the One X as well. Diablo 3 is like that - I'll be playing and once my food is ready I'll just minimize the game and put on a movie. Once I get back into game the server connection is lost, and because the game doesn't have a button for reconnecting, I basically have to close down and start back up. It's likely more game-dependent than console dependent.

Last edited:
My complaint is one that started late in the PS4 life cycle and is already present in the PS5 and that's stuff automatically downloading even when you have the system not to auto download in the background. This is beyond annoying especially given the capacity limits on the PS5. I'm guessing this will be my last console cause I miss the days when I actually owned a device and had control over what was put onto. The auto downloads and constant advertising on the home screen is why my PS4 and PS5 spend most of the time off line.

Lack of folder option is a stupid omission

Additionally the new PS store sucks. It's a non-informative mess. There search is pathetic and gives lots of unrelated hits regardless of how specific your search is. Then the titles have no info. Previously you had a bunch of info on a title and from the title you could see what add-ons were available for it.

I don't think that's a Series X issue. That happens with any game that has to connect to a server in one way or another, regardless of console I think - If you're gone for a prolonged amount of time, it severs the connection.

It happens to me on the One X as well. Diablo 3 is like that - I'll be playing and once my food is ready I'll just minimize the game and put on a movie. Once I get back into game the server connection is lost, and because the game doesn't have a button for reconnecting, I basically have to close down and start back up. It's likely more game-dependent than console dependent.
Ah good to know thanks.
This is the first time I've owned a Xbox and still learning the various menus and settings etc.

Pretty impressed with the whole experience really and the backlog of games on gamepass I can play will keep me busy for a long time before buying any new releases.

My only gripe so far is not being able to output sound through two different sources on the PS5. When I'm using my new 3D wireless headphones I can't run my Buttkicker. :irked:

It’s really annoying not having the optical audio port on the PS5. I play on an epson home cinema, and due to my setup in the man cave I can only use use my headphones to get sound atm.
I was just glancing through this thread and saw these complaints. If I ever get a PS5 I'll have the same problem, no audio due the lack of an optical output which all my sound devices currently use. So I was thinking of getting something like THIS to solve the problem. Not sure if it would help you guys.

Back